Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted
    #9694370 - 01/28/09 02:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ok, ill try to make this quick and to the point.

move in the apartment, dropped acid one night and stayed up till about 4 am. landlord came by the next day to tell me the guy below me compained about music being played all night. it really wasnt loud, but the speakers were on the ground, the landlord mentioned that so i put them on my computer desk. never had a problem really. hed bang on his ceiling every once in a while like im being too loud or something, and im not. still does it. had some people over and i know we were kinda loud that night, and the next morning the landlord came over with an official written complaint warning thing. it said this was the third time ive had a noise complaint, but it was only the second. and he bitched about beer bottles being all over the place, there were 2 beer cans sitting outside of my door. he lives under me and he complains about whats in front of my apartment.

last night i was drinking and hanging out with my B and our dogs. he stayed up all night sittin on my computer listeing to music and i went to sleep around 2. i know the music he was listening to wasnt loud. i couldnt hear it in my bedroom, which is about 10 feet away from my computer. yet, i got a call from my dad who talked to my landlord. my dad said the landlord told him, that the guy who lives under me told him (god this is just ridiculous) that i had a bunch of people over and we were having a party or something all night long. that the music was loud and that we were jumping up and down on the floor. he said his chandeleer (i know i cant spell) fell off the ceiling... i mean wtf. whos gonna believe that. so now i have meet with my landlord and my mom cause shes on the lease. im just going to try to move out and stay with my parents for a while. bad thing is they dont want a dog and i just got a dog... so im fucked.

im high as fuck and still pretty pissed about all this. im sure this will be one of those threads where people might take a look but no one responds. i dont care, im pissed and wanted to bitch.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #9694409 - 01/28/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

get a new apartment on the bottom floor?  Living with parents suck ass

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #9694428 - 01/28/09 02:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

that sucks dude that guy is totally in the wrong. prove that you didnt have a party. i'd hate to see that fucker get away with being a douche over nothing.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #9694488 - 01/28/09 02:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Some neighbors are just born assholes, but I've diffused a few situations like this by politely introducing myself, giving them my phone number and telling them to call any time if I'm disturbing them. Usually nobody ever calls, but once they know it's an option they relax. Also, I assume you're telling the truth and you really are keeping the noise at a reasonable level. If you're one of those assholes thumping bass at 4 in the morning on a weekday then you deserve to get evicted.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Ythan]
    #9694595 - 01/28/09 02:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

definitely not thumpin the bass at all. theres bass, but its at a decent level. i cant really hear it in my room that well and the sub is on a box lifted off the ground.

after the very first noise complaint i went down there and introduced myself. i forgot his name but i know where he works. the second time i just wrote a letter and stuck it in his door. i didnt want to knock and wake him up or something, piss him off yet again. i told him i was sorry and that i try to keep the noise down and if im ever loud heres my number, give me a call and ill quiet down. but instead, he just slams his ceiling if im bothering him and complains to the landlord.

i just heard my neighbor scream cause her dog got loose, so i figured i could use my lil puppy as bait. and it ended up working. after a minute and i grabbed him up. then i mentioned how i had a party and a bunch of people over (cause ive told her about how he complains all the time) my friend B talked to her last night about this guy always making loud noises and complaining about me. she said she never hears anything coming from my apartment. she knows i only had one person over last night and shes willing to back me up. plus she knows the guy above me so i might get him to back me too caues he never complains. i hear noise all the time but i dont call my landlord and bitch.

this guy is a total prick. i cant wait to move. hopefully they have an open apartment on the ground level... well see...

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineSpaceMonkey72
LosT in a DaYdReaM
Male User Gallery

Loc: B.I. Hawaii
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Ythan]
    #9694700 - 01/28/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I stay away from apartments just for the reasons your having. Been there, done that. Seems either people complain about you and your noise or they are the noisy ones, either way. If it isn't noise then its a neighbor who wants to borrow things all the time.
    Sounds like you have a couple young people haterz! Chances are he will not leave you alone and will complain about any and every noise he hears from upstairs. If ya wanting to stay it maybe in your interest to make a harrassment complaint. Being you are upstairs the lower units will always hear you unless it is a newer built building.
    Alls i can say is they are lucky you don't have children, kids make hella noise! But then again, the noise is not the problem, its more your age and the fact your single. stereotyping is lame!!!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: SpaceMonkey72]
    #9695018 - 01/28/09 03:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ythan's solution has worked for me in the past.

Give him a phone # and let him know that he should call you anytime the noise is too loud.

It makes you seem pro-active at being a good neighbor and also gives him an outlet for his frustration other than contacting the landlord.

Win - Win!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9695046 - 01/28/09 03:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Give him a phone # and let him know that he should call you anytime the noise is too loud.

It makes you seem pro-active at being a good neighbor and also gives him an outlet for his frustration other than contacting the landlord.

Win - Win!

I like this method, but personally, FUCK apartments. You should find yourself a rent controlled house out in the cunt-ry rather than an apartment. It will be basically the same price, maybe a little more, around here it's less to rent a house than an apartment(350/month compared to 500/month) so I'm not sure what it will be like out your way.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (01/28/09 04:00 PM)

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: SpaceMonkey72]
    #9695488 - 01/28/09 05:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey72 said:
I stay away from apartments just for the reasons your having. Been there, done that.

What's the alternative?  Buy a house and share it with a bunch of people?  Fuck that.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey72
LosT in a DaYdReaM
Male User Gallery

Loc: B.I. Hawaii
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9695518 - 01/28/09 05:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

rent a single family dwelling?

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9695531 - 01/28/09 05:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

AmericanPsycho said:
Quote:

SpaceMonkey72 said:
I stay away from apartments just for the reasons your having. Been there, done that.

What's the alternative?  Buy a house and share it with a bunch of people?  Fuck that.

Missed my post apparently, out here houses are cheaper to rent than apartments. I'm almost positive it would be the same for almost every suburban area on the outskirts of any city.

I have yet to see a purpose in apartments other than there being no yard to mow, or if you are hardly ever home, other than that it's truthfully a bad idea to live in one.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (01/28/09 05:10 PM)

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#9695536 - 01/28/09 05:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Easy solution, have a camera on at ALL times for a week.  (If your underage and drink/smoke pot blah blah) then a week without it is SURELY worth your own apartment. If he files anymore complaints then show the video to a judge after you sue his ass for false claims.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#9695542 - 01/28/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Eviction is a legal process, you can challenge it in court. 

Do that, it will be fun and it will take them forever to throw you out.  You can defend yourself and call your friends and other neighbors to testify that you are being quiet. 

Also I wonder who lived in the apartment before you, perhaps they had the same problem with the same neighbor and they could back you up.

A good tool for fighting noise complaints is a decibel meter.  I am not sure how to properly deploy it, but if one person is saying its noisy and you have a device that proves that its not, that can help. 

Also, here is a bad idea but I think its kind of funny.  Call your landlord and file noise complaints against your neighbor below.  If he has someone over, say its a wild party.  Of course it would make your situation worse, but may provide valuable entertainment.

Quote:

Easy solution, have a camera on at ALL times for a week.  (If your underage and drink/smoke pot blah blah) then a week without it is SURELY worth your own apartment. If he files anymore complaints then show the video to a judge after you sue his ass for false claims.

That is a great idea.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #9695570 - 01/28/09 05:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'd bring a case of beer over to the neighbors' and say this:

"Hi, I'm *****.  I'm sorry if I made a bad impression, but I didn't mean to disturb you the other night.  I'm new to the rent scene and I was pretty inconsiderate when I invited those people to my party the other night."  I guess I wasn't as accurate as I thought I was at gauging the volume lol."

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9695581 - 01/28/09 05:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Win - Win!

has anyone read my posts?! i did this the second time. gave him my number, he wont call be. he just bangs on the ceiling.

--------------------

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
    #9695681 - 01/28/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I know your frustration OP.

My friend gets complaints from his next door neighbor all the time. We have had the cops rock up twice...even the cops said our music was at an acceptable volume. The lady is just a whore.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
    #9695778 - 01/28/09 05:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I read your posts. And like you.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: polantis]
    #9695811 - 01/28/09 05:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I moved into a new apartment about 4 months ago.  A few weeks after moving in I have a friend over and we're a little loud and I get a complaint from my seemingly nice neighbor.  I apologize and nothing comes of it.  A month later I'm playing music at about 3 in the afternoon, he knocks on my door and is a complete asshole - he even goes as far as telling me he's 'not the type of guy to mess with'.  It's 3 in the fucking afternoon, I tell him this, and shut my door.  Another few weeks passes and he again comes over and complains while being an asshole, this time at about 8pm.

At this point I think he's insane, since he's consistently playing quite loud music himself, sometimes as early as 7am while he's getting ready for work (I presume).  I let the management know of the situation, how he's being a dick, complaining, all the while playing his own music....

Now about a week ago (at least a month passed since the last complaint) I'm walking my dog and I see him, we usually purposely avoid each other but my dog isn't allowing it.  So, out of nowhere the guy goes "Hey man..." and explains that he's sorry for being a dick and that I could probably hear is music sometimes.  So we shake hands, sort of introduce ourselves and leave it at that.  Everything seems fine now.

My suggestions are to try to talk the guy reasonably, possibly with your landlord present.  Maybe suggest to your landlord that all three of you talk about the situation and that you're really trying to be reasonable and work it.  And also, be reasonable about your music...it's possible while tripping acid your bass was a little louder then you thought and he actually had reason to complain.  Get a good set of headphones too.

I'm somewhat non confrontational, another option is to get evicted and then go fuck the guys car up a few months down the line, show him whose boss!  :headbanger:  Juuuust kidddddding

OfflineIR0NHYM0N
 User Gallery

Loc: AT0MIC TWAT
Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Trav]
    #9696245 - 01/28/09 07:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Neighbors enjoy being passionate dicks

--------------------

GnuBobo said:
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.

Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: dickhead neighbor complains, im probably getting evicted [Re: Trav]
    #9696459 - 01/28/09 07:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Trav said:
And also, be reasonable about your music...it's possible while tripping acid your bass was a little louder then you thought and he actually had reason to complain. 

this is before i got a good stereo system for my computer. i didnt have subs. now i have a nice bose stereo, and most of the time my sub is all the way turned down, yet i still get complaints. the guy is just a straight up prick. i know when my music is too loud, and i know when its fine. when im 15 feet away laying in bed and i cant hear it through a thin ass fake wood door then there is no way in hell he can hear me.

plus i wake up at 9AM to a loud ass tv, or him blasting 80s music, video games, or tech n9ne.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom