Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepepprodigy
Junior Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Colonized grain storage?
    #9691549 - 01/27/09 09:25 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How long can colonized rye berries be stored once it is fully colonized? I am assuming if you put it in the refrigerator I can save it there for some time, but how easy would it be to add it to bulk after its been in the cold for a long time? If it can be stored, for how long?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: pepprodigy]
    #9691626 - 01/27/09 09:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It can be stored in a clean fridge for years.  Let it come up slowly to room temp and sit for a couple days before using for bulk.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Offlinepepprodigy
Junior Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9692131 - 01/27/09 11:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wow years would be cool. Just one year or a few months would be cool too. I did a 1 pint to 6 quart jars g2g transfer and so far so good. I used 1 pint to do this LC Grain Tek The left over jar, and the 2 I have left will probably become a small bulk project. Can the LC be stored just as long? I just used pure water so nothing doesn't spoil. What would be the best bet besides a slant, or a print to save a strain for a looong time? I heard that prints are good for a few years, and I am taking prints of my strains as I grow them. Chitwan was my first, and now I'm doing Huautla.

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: pepprodigy]
    #9692138 - 01/27/09 11:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

if stored properly in a slant, a culture can be stored for years.  I wouldn't trust a colonized jar of grain past a month or two.

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: arp180]
    #9692159 - 01/27/09 11:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You can store them in the refrigerator for at least a year, and then use them for bulk substrate spawning. I wouldn't use an old jar of grains for g2g.
RR

wow, looky that, first search I tried and the answer magically appeared hahahaha. I think RR might know a lil' bit about something or two in this regards.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9692167 - 01/27/09 11:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sounds reasonable to me, considering I haven't even been growing long enough to test a theory like this.  Thanks for the info.

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

Re: Colonized grain storage? [Re: arp180]
    #9692204 - 01/27/09 11:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Iv stored colonized WBS in the fridge for a few months, take it out of the fridge a few hours before use unless you have a tire handy to beat it on.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale