Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineemjay
big nick digger
Male
Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana!
    #9676398 - 01/25/09 01:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Link to video

Its well worth a watch. Basically its a professor or someone talking about his views and the views of most people and even cops today. He backs up his shit with solid information.
watch the whole thing if you have the time. also click 'more info' on the right of the video for some good links.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: emjay]
    #9676537 - 01/25/09 01:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Watched the whole thing...i kinda dig his point of view on how he thinks that as a person he should be able to legally inject, injest, or inhale anything into his body that he chose...including a bullet. Well said sir.

I had a teacher who always said "just legalize it all and let the smackheads OD and take care of themselves". I kinda do agree with that but its just not that simple.Its better population control but i think crime rates would skyrocket.but.who am i :shrug: (i was thinking the same thing the whole time i watched this video...who is he and why do people care that he is saying these things?) FORMER police chief?

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9677610 - 01/25/09 04:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition: check out www.leap.cc ; . I think this guy is a member

I dont think crime would sky rocket. Drugs would be way cheaper without the HUGE markup they get through prohibition. The biggest problem would be people cracked out all the time, but thats a different story.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Invisiblethaganja
stoner reeking havoc

Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: Green_T]
    #9677763 - 01/25/09 04:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Isnt that what ron paul was about?and personaly i would rather get grade A bud on the street,than get a pack of per rolled class C bud that the government grows for us...Id rather not.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: thaganja]
    #9679766 - 01/25/09 09:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The government wouldnt grow it for us if it were legal, companies would. The weed industry would be like the alcohol industry, with the big players and microbreweries.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineemjay
big nick digger
Male
    #9686028 - 01/26/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The man talking is not a police chief himself. He says that he spoke to officers and police chiefs.

I know its not as simple as this guy says, but hell, hope to dream.

At first i'm sure there would be a lot of raging potheads going crazy. but after the intial hype of WEED IS LEEEEGAL! dies out it will be more under control.

plus i'm sure if it was legalized there would be many regulations placed on it to keep it from going out of control. think about the 'no smoking in buildings law' in some states and the 'no smoking within 15 feet of an entrance' law in others. i know these differ from state to state but the bottom line is that rules and regulations will be placed on the use and possibly availability of the drug besides just age restrictions.
alcohol laws such as BAC limits, no drinking and driving laws, and tickets for public intoxication even have been added over the years to people who aren't users safe. all that shit is to keep control and keep people safe.
shit i think i'm just rambling now so i'll stop
my bad :stoned:

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: emjay]
    #9687686 - 01/27/09 09:33 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think people will smoke more if pot were legal.

In my case, the legality of pot has no influence of whether or not i smoke in a given day, its usually my daily life that does. Also, its not like legality will increase the availability (it will, but only slightly), so its not like I'll smoke more because its more available. The only thing that could make me smoke more would be a drop in price, but that is also a stretch because I limit myself on how much I smoke. For me, legality will not increase the demand for weed, and increase supply only shortly.

As for the general population, I think new users, undisciplined people, and people who live in places where pot is hard to find (do such places exist?) will smoke more, as will people in festivals, which is OK.

--------------------

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
    #9687737 - 01/27/09 09:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That is an awesome video, too bad Onbamma isn't planning on doing anything about it...

--------------------
aka NHMI

Offlineemjay
big nick digger
Male
Re: Police Chief tells Pres. Obama to legalize marijuana! [Re: rizingfire]
    #9689936 - 01/27/09 04:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i doubt it will go anywhere instantly, but it will slowly change. i think obama will be one of many steps to move it in the right direction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom