Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleS33D
this side up
 User Gallery

Loc: skylabONE
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: blahblahblah]
    #9669489 - 01/24/09 03:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

blahblahblah
Quote:

update 1-23
three days after the extracts were placed in pyrex dishes. The 92% is down to about 100ml. Tested, very active. The 70% is down to 300ml. I filtered both yesterday and I placed the 70% in a dessication chamber overnight to remove some of the water. It turned from a dark green back to a honey brown color, the same color as the 92%. I put them both in the freezer and re-filtered this morning.

So you filtered off the crystal precipitate and all?:confused:

--------------------
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
~Dr. Emmett Brown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: S33D]
    #9669640 - 01/24/09 05:21 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I filtered off what I originally thought was crystals. It never solidified. As the extracts evaporated, it became more obvious that the stuff is most likely fats and/or waxes.

The only way to see is to test the liquid again, and honestly I am a little nervous. During the first test I realized how dangerous this could be once it concentrates down... it wouldn't be hard to overshoot by a few ml and get hurled into space accidentally. That is sort of what happened.  I wasn't expecting the liquid to be so active. I think that the G.I. tract is more efficient at processing liquids than the solid mushrooms.

Edited by blahblahblah (01/24/09 05:28 AM)

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: blahblahblah]
    #9673129 - 01/24/09 08:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe it's like corn and the cells walls just don't get broken down that easily.......even with chewing.

So you didn't get any solids when it all evaporated?  I couldn't find what I saw online somewhere but I swore that I saw solid crystals from just an ethanol extraction.

I wish I could find it again to post pics.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9673147 - 01/24/09 08:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone seen these before?  I thought it looked easy and like the results were pretty neat.......but around here I haven't seen any good photo results.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #9673231 - 01/24/09 08:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

nice do you know how many ml that would take to get an 1/8 type dose?

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: SurReality]
    #9673326 - 01/24/09 08:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It would be about how much fungus and then the ethanol is simply to cover it.

--------------------

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

#9673373 - 01/24/09 09:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah most of us would have seen the first pic before as they are on the PF mushroom liqueur page. I personally haven't seen the others but that's what were talking about, same process and same sediment.

So you want to know what you get if you reduce all the alcohol down, what would be left??
I would imagine if the white crap wasn't removed you would end up with a oily sticky substance similar to but different to hash.

Even If it was removed the result could still be a sticky residue.

Would have to figure out a way to isolate the actives from the shit, and that would probably need various solvents.

Quote:

TreeMoss said:
What kind of alcohol did you use?

I wouldn't use less than ever clear.......even then I'd probably dry it.

The alcohol I used was 95%

I am still compiling all my pics and writing the post so its all there in one nice chunk for all to see. I have also removed the mystery sediment and its been drying for a couple days.

Should post in couple days

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: UnderNose]
    #9673388 - 01/24/09 09:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ya plasmid or someone had a write up tek on that.

I wonder why this guy got such nice looking solid crystals from just an extract...........maybe his were older mushrooms or something..

They are nice looking there aren't they?  With a nice yield too!

--------------------

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: blahblahblah] * 1
    #9674724 - 01/25/09 06:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm looking forward to the post UnderNose.

If anyone is interested, this is where you can find the page TreeMoss found those pics...

Deoxy mushroom extraction page
If you noticed, the amount left in the beaker was around 30ml. I have a bit more evaporating to get to that point. Most or what remains to be evaporated in both of my dishes is water. It has been raining lately, so the humidity has been high, making it difficult to evaporate anything.

Here are some of my favorite links on extractions
--------------------------------------------------------

Super DMT.. Vaporized Psilocin might put DMT to shame Good post, this is what first turned me on to extractions

Shroomery Science Project, jungle extraction of Psilocybin Undernose participated in this, I think he disproved it, but it still piques my curiosity.

Psilocin and Psilocybin crystals (pix deleted). Good post about extractions and trying to vaporize the crystals.

Extraction of psilocybin (Pics)
This one also piques my curiosity. I was reading a paper on  The Synthesis of Psilocybin & Psilocin   by David E. Nichols and Stewart Frescas, which describes the pure psilocin product as an oil that was placed under high vacuum and seeded to crystallize. Perhaps the corn syrup in this post acted as a seeding agent?

The nook searcher post This is an extraction test of different solvents. Would have been perfect, but he never tested the products.

Shirley's first extraction : partial success (extract potent, but corpse still potent too) Good post with pictures, also images of biogunk from filtration

Also, Read this thread, two posts after the searcher pictures mycophreak describes this

"The precipitation method (collection of crystals on the bottom of a liquid-filled container) was chosen over total evaporation of the liquid (to yield crystals) because mushroom extracts contain undesired crystalline alkaloids (urea) and polar enzymes (which break down psilocybin) as well. And during the evaporation of the liquid the concentration of these undesired components increases - until the yield is not white crystals but brown tar."

This is the only post that I have read that described what Undernose and I are seeing.

--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by blahblahblah (01/25/09 08:24 AM)

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: SurReality]
    #9674816 - 01/25/09 07:31 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dosage would depend on original starting material and extraction method. 15ml of my 150ml 92% extract should have been equal to 3 grams, but it was closer to 4 grams, and I still haven't added the liquid from the second extraction. As for dry material, I have heard between 10-20mg.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9674895 - 01/25/09 08:00 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone tried this in a clear beaker or glass........I am curious about what is at the bottom.  So maybe if solids fell to the bottom you could take the liquid off the top and have better "crystals" or whatever is left.

--------------------

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

#9674945 - 01/25/09 08:24 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Most of the shots in my post are taken in clear glass. Be patient treemoss. soon...soon;)
But what we are getting arent crystals at the moment.

So blahblahblahblahblah are you evaporating down totally or just down to a really potent magic potion?

And P.S.
Im interested in all these reports about vaporising crystals or whatever. I just smoked 0.06g of the mystery goo with some weed with what I would call little to no effect.
I wish it worked but it didn't just tasted like burnt hair or something:shrug:

Edited by UnderNose (01/25/09 08:38 AM)

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: UnderNose]
    #9674983 - 01/25/09 08:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am evaporating totally. The first goal for me is to obtain something crystalline. Pure or not. Then I will work from there through the rest of my experiments.

To treemoss. My extracts are in pint jars, the reason they are cloudy is from gunk clouding the liquid. Filtering isn't working any more.

BTW for anyone who is following along, the 92% is down to 62ml, and the 70% is down to 250ml. They both turned honey brown and clouded when set in a dessication chamber with silica gel. Maybe it reacted somehow. Once I evaporate the 92% down, If nothing has formed but gunk, I will redissolve the extract with 92% ethanol again and try and precipitate something out.

EDIT: LMAO undernose. I would try eating mystery goo first, to make sure it's active. Have fun with that if you do. That stuff on my finger looks like it is stick to your ribs good. (way to sacrifice for science btw, 5 shrooms for it)

Edited by blahblahblah (01/25/09 08:48 AM)

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9678036 - 01/25/09 05:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, halfway through the Super DMT thread, feanor was getting beautiful crystals with his extraction tek. He tried vaporizing them, but it didn't work. He worked on producing psilocin crystals (rather than psilocybin) and vaporization was a success! I didn't even know. Here is the link... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8002931 I also posted it at the end of the Super DMT thread. Props to feanor and everyone that helped.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9681833 - 01/26/09 11:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Picture update in the original post. 92% is down to about 30ml. 70% is down to 200ml.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9694391 - 01/28/09 02:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

92% is down to a thick tar.

I also found another good link...

http://mv.lycaeum.org/mu/pkeffect/_index.html The original PKeffect extractions. If you go back to the root directory, he has a few more pages, one with information about the extraction for erowid.

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

#9721403 - 02/02/09 07:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

that's probably the 8% water. it will be slow to evaporate.

I think the 70% is going to stay like goo.

Are you planning to eat the results, whatever it may be:crazy2:??

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9722733 - 02/02/09 01:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't be a mad scientist if I didn't. :wink:

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9728639 - 02/03/09 01:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There are crystals forming now, they look like sugar crystals. I will let them go a bit more. I plan to add enough water to disolve the goo and then add enough ethanol to bring the concentration to 85%. (per Tryptamine's advice in a thread I read)

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

#9831704 - 02/20/09 05:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So, after disolving the liquid was reduced down to a tar again. I'm leaving it at that for now. Not many people seemed interested. Ethanol extractions work well, but I didn't find the crystals I was hoping for. I will do some experimenting later on when I get some more free time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract