Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Loc: TN
The art of picking up women
    #9671676 - 01/24/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

k, so the subject may throw some people off.

I am more or less trying to meet someone and have serious meaningful relationship. Not just trying to bring some chick home for some drunken sex, and awkward morning conversation. No, I'm looking for someone special...

So last night I was at the bar.... and I spotted this girl from scross the room. She had such good energy, and definitly had this vibe. I saw a douchey kinda tool talking to her most the night, but clearly they weren't together. So I saw an opportunity and approached. I asked for a cig (and i don't even smoke), she gave me one and we had some small talk for like 5 minutes till some other dude came up and effectively cockblocked (long winded boring story that made everyone within earshot want to go somewhere else). Its too bad, cause she was a really cool, hip kinda girl.... anyway, she drifted off as did I...

my question tho... at one point do you attempt to go for the phone number, or ask them to go out sometime? I mean, what works for some of you? I'm really not good at the whole pick-up part.... once I get past that, I feel like I do great. Its just that one hurdle that gets me everytime. I just can't be THAT guy... you know, the one who shamelessly hits on/annoys the living crap out of every girl he talks to.

Look forward to some input and assistance in this area. Man am I ready for a girlfriend again.

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Head Space]
    #9671703 - 01/24/09 03:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's an interesting balance.

But I don't think you'll be "that guy" so long as you're only going after one girl at a time.

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#9671781 - 01/24/09 04:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

goofiness and confidence works for me
the more i act like i dont give a fuck the better luck i have if that makes sense
not so much that i dont give a fuck, but that im not putting on a show.  even tho i guess in a sense i kinda am, but  not realy.
like, when im all kinda boyish or what have u the better luck i have.  whereas i see guys all the time act like they are all manly and whilst they might end up getin a girl, i still see them lookin around like, not totaly complacent. 
it always helps if they blaze of something for me as sometimes ill be like, so, do u blaze by chance.  and if its a yes thats an easy in as ill be like, we should hang out and smoke up sometime, what say u?  if they say no, ill be like right on, well, just the same, are u always about drinkin at the bar or think ud like to hang sometime and have some drinks. 
i mean, thats not all the time, but its been a pretty good method for me.  alota times instead of asking for a number, it might sound silly, but ill ask them if they are online and whats their screen name or email.  sounds silly i know but it works.  proly cause im just so damn likeable to begin with, haha....but seriously tho....its alot more of a non invasive way of communication and a girl that might be standoffish about giving out her number can give out her email or screename.
it might be lame but i definitly do the best when im wasted, or on E, as i totaly just act like myself and feel so good its like, i dont know.  but i draw so much attention with my energy, and all the while im acting the opposite of how i usualy would imagine girls to be attracted to.  when im all stumblin around witha  silly look on my face just not givin a shit, sayin random funy shit, all slurin, or on E just like stretching and feelin good, they end up comin at me like packwolves.  its crazy.  If im on extacy its a sure thing every time that im goin home with a girl or whatever.  girls realy vibe off of energy and like guys that are sensual.  in my experience.  even tho u see them most of the time with douchbags that are just actin cocky and shit, i can see their eyes wandering.  sometimes they dont seem to even know what they want.  some of em anyway. 
but yea....the girls i usualy end up with are turned on by goofiness in a sense, femininity, and just all around good humour and laidbackness. 
but then u got some girls that are just all about style and money and stupid shit.
but fuck them hoes
the girls i usualy end up with....and ive found ive sometimes converted them as they dont realy know what they want as most guys are such fucking tools.....like guys that dont give a fuck
like, ill be at the bar with dudes wearing their fucking turtlenecks, and nice sweaters, nice clothes, and ill walk in wearing a hoodie, flanel, with cargo pants, sometimes i tye dye, but in gereral, regular clothes.  tshirt and cargo type of guy here.  and whilst everyones all dressed up to go out for the night, i be turnin heads cause they are like, this dudes obviously got something goin for him to be comin out lookiin like that and still smilin and talkin to people like it aint no thang. 
ahhhh, the whole game makes me laugh.  good times tho.
last night i had some dudes come at me in the bathroom at the bar tellin me to hook em up with the ladies cause i came in with a realy hot girl, and they seen me talkin, hugin and what not a bunch of other girls, that are good friends of mine. 
i laughed at them and told em, it aint like that.  if they aint a decent enough person to win them over by being themselves alone i couldnt help them.  they were douches and all like, but u got the ins on all these girls, introduce us, hook a brotha up.  im like.....hah, dude, are u fuckin serious?  get out on the dance floor and enjoy ur self and ull draw some shit.  dont be so set on that shit and it will manifest.  they couldnt hear me for shit.  they were tryin to say i was a bitch and all this when all the while they were just jealous and perpetuating their cycle of machoness that wont help their case.
ah, sorry for the rant.....just wana end with sayin, the less i try so hard and care, the more i get.  its fuckin wierd.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: The art of picking up women [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9671787 - 01/24/09 04:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

and yes, yes, i know im a shitty typer!!  weve went over this before!  in case u didnt already know!  :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #9671811 - 01/24/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sadly, i won't even read your OP because it's so terribly formatted.

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: The art of picking up women [Re: memes]
    #9671822 - 01/24/09 04:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

meams said:
sadly, i won't even read your OP because it's so terribly formatted.

join the club
:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9671826 - 01/24/09 04:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the more i act like i dont give a fuck the better luck i have

Quote:

as most guys are such fucking tools.....like guys that dont give a fuck

Basically your a tool then whatever that is.:confused:  Someone that gets used I assume.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9671828 - 01/24/09 04:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
I am more or less trying to meet someone and have serious meaningful relationship. Not just trying to bring some chick home for some drunken sex, and awkward morning conversation. No, I'm looking for someone special...

So last night I was at the bar....

:rofl:

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

#9671837 - 01/24/09 04:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Right on dude...

as for the typing.. this IS the shroomery.... not english class, i read everything perfectly.... :thumbup:

But yeah, good post... and good advice. I think you're right about getting more when your not trying. Maybe thats part of my problem. I want to meet someone so bad... its like not, really helping cause i put too much thought into it.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

The E factor interests me aswell. I have only done E about a half dozen times... and had a really great time. I want to try it on a night out to bar sometime... but my god, i wouldn't know the first place to find it... (not necessarily true come to think of it, we've all been around)

oh yeah, the asking about blazin is so obviously a good idea!! thanks bro...

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

OfflineHead Space
Explorer
Male

Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9671863 - 01/24/09 04:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Quote:

Head Space said:

So last night I was at the bar....

:rofl:

haha... that is kinda funny

but its not like i went to some bootylicious club! This place was like super chill, coffee/organic cafe/music/bar... with endless couchs, chairs, tables, and stuff. good environment

--------------------
Whats Haaaapening???

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #9671867 - 01/24/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

what you should have done is hung out for a few until the guy was finished with the story. then you say "pardon me" to him and dont even give him a chance to respond. turn to her and just say "hey, thanks for the cigarette. i was wondering if i could get your number and we could smoke some weed sometime? or if you dont smoke weed maybe grab a drink?" and if she says no or rejects you then you gotta play it like it doesnt matter. just be like "alright, no worries. well thanks again for the cigarette! have a nice night, maybe ill see you sometime again and ill pay you back that cigarette!"

im sure youll see this girl again if you go to this place regularly or in a small town or something. Then next time, you should walk up to her and say something like hey do you remember me? you gav eme a cigarette when I saw you last." then say something nice like "to be honest... i dont even really smoke, i just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes" and take it from there. that'll strike her as "wow... he smoked a cigarette just to talk to me for a few minutes?" - that is... if shes interested. if you get a smile, or a giggle, or something of that nature youre good man.

the thing is DONT SOUND DESPERATE! dont bug her... dont constantly nag her if shes not diggin you. it doesnt mean all hopes are lost. it just means you need to try a different approach some other time. you just gotta be cool, calm, and collected. dont let her intimidate you cuz chicks pick up on that shit REAL fast. just talk to her like you would a friend, not someone youre trying to pick up.

Edited by Platinum (01/24/09 04:22 PM)

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Ego Death]
    #9671906 - 01/24/09 04:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
Quote:

the more i act like i dont give a fuck the better luck i have

Quote:

as most guys are such fucking tools.....like guys that dont give a fuck

Basically your a tool then whatever that is.:confused:  Someone that gets used I assume.

yea, sometimes i just write so fast i dont realize how it comes out
but, i dont give a fuck!
haha
what i was saying was.....
the girls i usualy end up with like guys that dont give a fuck
:tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#9672035 - 01/24/09 04:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Head Space said:
Right on dude...

as for the typing.. this IS the shroomery.... not english class, i read everything perfectly.... :thumbup:

But yeah, good post... and good advice. I think you're right about getting more when your not trying. Maybe thats part of my problem. I want to meet someone so bad... its like not, really helping cause i put too much thought into it.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

The E factor interests me aswell. I have only done E about a half dozen times... and had a really great time. I want to try it on a night out to bar sometime... but my god, i wouldn't know the first place to find it... (not necessarily true come to think of it, we've all been around)

oh yeah, the asking about blazin is so obviously a good idea!! thanks bro...

my pleasure man.  and thanks for not gettin all anal about my format as some people can!  haha!

but yea...its only natural to put too much thought in it when ur not getin any or not with someone.  like, i go through ebbs and flows of such things.

ive had times in my life where i was attracting girls like woah....and looking back, those were times i usualy was getting some on the regular enough to not be so desperate or whatever.  or even having a girlfriend.  something about not caring seems to draw them moreso. 

but even just recently....i ended up back in my hometown after being on the road for a good year or so...and while on the road, i had my fair share of female company.  when i got back here, i started to get realy kinda ancie about girls and the fact i wasnt realy getin any. but yea....my ancieness certainly didnt seem to help.  for a while, i was on quite a dry spell.  and now, thanks to some random occurances, ive got like alota potentials, as well as one kinda steady girl, and like 2 others that i see from time to time.  and now when i go out, with or without a girl, its just wierd....like i end up attracting girls more than when i was hopin for it.  i used to be real quick to get into relationships of the whole like monagamous kind, but as of late.....im not so quick to do that.  as i want a girl that im realy into to like actualy go out with.  i used to ask a girl to be my girlfriend once we hooked up.  im getin older and i guess realize what i realy want alot more than i used to.  so i make it clear to the others that its just chillin.  they get attached soemtimes but i make it clear so.  but yea...its only natural to kinda be thinkin about it. 

but yea man....the whole do you blaze thing works like a charm for the most part, if nothing else, just to have some one on one time witha girl, even if it dont develop into anything.  and for the most part, im not gona wana realy chill too much witha girl that dont blaze anyway.  i mean, ill still get with a girl that dont, but as far as my lifestyle goes.....

i mean, not so tru.  she at least has to be ok with it. 
ive met plenty a cool girl that doesnt blaze. 
but yea....its great for initiating hangin out outside of the bar or what have u.

and yea......ive had times where i was on E and just looking around the room, the girls turn into something else.  like sex feinds.  ive initiated many an orgy with people that seemed otherwise uptight about such that werent even on E themselves.

--------------------

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#9674198 - 01/25/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so are you trying to pick one up for a relationship?

it depends what you mean by "pick up"

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9674275 - 01/25/09 01:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: ShockValue]
    #9674289 - 01/25/09 01:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShockValue said:

oh rly :dogapple:

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: ShockValue]
    #9674811 - 01/25/09 07:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShockValue said:

:rofl2:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #9674822 - 01/25/09 07:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The direct approach usually works best. Just be straight.. don't 'pussyfoot' around.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Shroomism]
    #9674918 - 01/25/09 08:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I agree,
rohypnol takes to long.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The art of picking up women [Re: Ego Death]
    #9674955 - 01/25/09 08:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
I agree,
rohypnol takes to long.

:rofl2::lol::rofl2:

thatd work well too

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom