Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA]
    #9668504 - 01/23/09 10:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court
January 23, 2009 - dailynews.com

A Westlake Village man charged with selling hallucinogenic mushrooms that caused a teen to wander naked onto a Southern California freeway, where she was killed by a car, is scheduled to make an initial appearance today before a federal judge in Los Angeles.

Steven Thomas Roman, 30, was arrested by federal agents on Thursday at a Ventura County lockup, where he had been held since his September arrest on suspicion of sales of the club drug Ecstasy, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

The federal case dates back to August 2004, when a group of young people gathered in an apartment complex in Thousand Oaks, according to the criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

At some point, one of the teens contacted a man -- later identified as Roman -- and ordered a quantity of psilocybin "magic mushrooms," the court document alleges.

After Roman delivered the drugs, the group ate the mushrooms and a 17- year-old girl identified in court papers only as V.N. began having a "bizarre" reaction, prosecutors allege.

Friends attempted to lock her in a room, but the teen escaped and was walking naked on the Ventura (101) Freeway in Newbury Park in the middle of the night when she was struck and killed, according to an affidavit.

Investigators determined the driver was not to blame for the girl's death and that she had drugs in her system, including the active ingredient in hallucinogenic mushrooms, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Last fall, Roman was arrested by Ventura County sheriff's investigators after he twice allegedly sold Ecstasy pills to an undercover informant.

During a post-arrest interview, Roman allegedly admitted that four years earlier, he had sold the psilocybin mushrooms to the group that included the girl who died on the freeway.

Roman has been in custody since the Ecstasy-related arrest on Sept. 10. Federal officials charged him Wednesday with felony distribution of controlled substances, specifically Ecstasy and psilocybin mushrooms, and transferred him to federal custody the following day.

If convicted, Roman faces a statutory maximum of 20 years in federal prison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: veggie]
    #9668695 - 01/23/09 11:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Look at how money people tobacco and alcohol kills each year.  Why aren't we locking them up too:wtf:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlineinitiatethehello
Stranger

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9668996 - 01/24/09 12:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

events like these are so hard for me to believe.  i'm still quite aware of the consequences of running into a freeway when under the influence.

InvisibleFurrowedBrow
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: initiatethehello]
    #9669173 - 01/24/09 12:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Aren't all reactions to psilocybin "bizarre"?  All of mine have been.  A proper education about dealing with difficult psychedelic experiences would have served that group well.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #9669203 - 01/24/09 12:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

could you imagine running over naked girl, tripping on mushrooms?

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

OfflineTripp420
What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Nevada
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: clorox]
    #9669274 - 01/24/09 01:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wasn't this just brought up in an anonymous post recently?...

kinda verifies it....

--------------------

OfflineIrieforester
Head to toe inH2O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: That state seperating fro...
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: Tripp420]
    #9669571 - 01/24/09 04:10 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Roman allegedly admitted that four years earlier, he had sold the psilocybin mushrooms to the group that included the girl who died on the freeway.

He remembered who he sold mucks to FOUR YEARS AGO?

Anyone else find this a little difficult to swallow?
Maybe she was a regular customer...?

--------------------
I am still and forever learning

Apollyphelion said:
You can learn A LOT from shitting in the right set and setting!:thumbup:

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: Irieforester]
    #9669621 - 01/24/09 05:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

if he knew that some one he slanged to died on HIS drugs, then he might remember. i mean, that sorta shit doesnt happen every day

--------------------
omg really?

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: impgl]
    #9669718 - 01/24/09 06:26 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, Idk how he could know that they were his shrooms tho, people buy from more than one person and always save their shrooms :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

InvisibleInTheRainySeason
Stalker

Loc: Hostile territory
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: neopet nub]
    #9669784 - 01/24/09 06:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This is pretty sad. If they were legal people wouldn't use them irresponsibly nearly as much and they'd have safe places to trip.

Offlinerobothax
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: InTheRainySeason]
    #9669829 - 01/24/09 07:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wtf you don't arrest the gun salesman after a murder

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: robothax]
    #9669982 - 01/24/09 08:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Don't sell to kids, don't sell at all unless you feel that is worth the risk (and what most jobs pay for the work your doing, it sure is).

I'm sure he feels bad enough, but probably denies responsibility....the girl seems pretty average.  They seem to think that since life is easy being a girl that drugs will work out for them.

Another stupid tripper, hell a girl got mad at someone and walked out on a freeway once (sober I believe) and got hit by a car.......I'd blame the person before the drug but obviously the drug had influence.  Another reason to have legal shaman to guide people, yet people would still do it on their own if they wanted to.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9670027 - 01/24/09 08:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

anyone else notice that the driver who hit the girl is getting off scot free

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: traviedigital]
    #9670124 - 01/24/09 09:25 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Having regulated drugs where you had to take them in a designated area of a town with a certified shaman would be awesome :thumbup:

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

Invisiblejohnnyrad

*DELETED* [Re: veggie]
    #9670442 - 01/24/09 10:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by johnnyrad (08/06/17 08:00 PM)

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: traviedigital]
    #9670666 - 01/24/09 11:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

traviedigital said:
anyone else notice that the driver who hit the girl is getting off scot free

Yep, it's just easier to convict the "scum of the earth" "drug dealers".  It blows my mind how delusional people are about sharing a perspective.........drugs and people that sell them get more time than murderers and rapist if they got caught with enough.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9670682 - 01/24/09 12:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The funny part is SSRI's have been known to make people go way crazy ass fucking bazirk........and courts STILL don't recognize that as a truth...because the FDA regulates those drugs and found nothing wrong, but did make drug companies put a warning with the drug but only for minors (which tend to go crazy on them more than older people, but older people still go crazy on them too).

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9671258 - 01/24/09 02:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I call these "causation" laws, and they really are an attack on personal liberty. So if you sell someone mushrooms and they die, not due to the drugs but their own actions, YOU can be held liable? For someone else's irresponsibility?

Where I used to live, people would get drunk, piss off of the edge of the cliffs, and one or two would fall to their deaths yearly. So does that make the liquor store owner liable? How about the distributor who trucked the cans of beer there? How about the alcohol company? The only people at fault are the ones who decide to pee off the cliffs.

If there is anyone "responsible" for this girl's accident, it is the government who denies people access to safety information, but supplies them with propaganda.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: Green_T]
    #9671350 - 01/24/09 02:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This is sad for real.

He shouldn't be held responsible imo, if he wouldn't have supplied em she/group would have got them another way. He didn't force anybody to buy anything off him, the girl made the choice to consume them willingly therefor SHE is responsible.

I really wish people who decide to use any drug especially psychedelics to do some research and learn about what in the fuck there doing. It gets me angry that like 95% of drug users are completely clueless on the subject.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlinecily4p
Stranger
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: Green_T]
    #9671598 - 01/24/09 03:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
I call these "causation" laws, and they really are an attack on personal liberty. So if you sell someone mushrooms and they die, not due to the drugs but their own actions, YOU can be held liable? For someone else's irresponsibility?

If you notice, the article only states that the man is being charged with federal drug laws; it doesn't appear he is being charged for the girl's death.

And as for the driver who struck her "getting off scott free," investigators found that he had done nothing wrong. Is it really the driver's fault if someone is running around on the freeway? I see no way the driver could be held responsible unless he was drunk/under the influence of something else at the time.

Anyhow, I lived where this happened when it did and it's really a shame, but to blame the dealer or the driver is wrong. The blame belongs squarely on the girl and perhaps her friends who maybe could have done more to ensure her safety.

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

#9671749 - 01/24/09 03:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TreeMoss said:
The funny part is SSRI's have been known to make people go way crazy ass fucking bazirk........and courts STILL don't recognize that as a truth...because the FDA regulates those drugs and found nothing wrong, but did make drug companies put a warning with the drug but only for minors (which tend to go crazy on them more than older people, but older people still go crazy on them too).

yeah,, Well I came back from Iraq and they tried to dope me up with this goofy shit. Ok Ill take this PILL. To qualify for VETS assistance. Pill almost killed me.. I couldnt walk or talk.. RISPERDAl.
after I threatened to kill every single doctor in the hospital is when they said they discharged me.. 
They are giving this shit to all the VETS that say they have PTSD..
I dont have Ptsd!!  I have boredom ! WTF running around over there 24 /7 and now Im home with nothing to do..  SO I GROW MARIJUANA..
Come take my weed aways and see how fast I turn to AlQuida..
Fuck this country.. We can give other freedom yet we cant have our own!
And take this purple heart and stick it up your ass too..
bad enough Poverty level people have to join the military to survive..
Then we come home to be a Pharmaceutical guinea pig.  WARS are designed for the Rich to make money and the cycle continues when the vets come home.

--------------------

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: johnnyrad]
    #9671890 - 01/24/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

johnnyrad said:
Quote:

she had drugs in her system, including the active ingredient in hallucinogenic mushrooms

I just scanned through this article really quick but what else was in her system?

Sort of reminds me of a story going around here about some kid who ate a "shroom truffle" and tripped for 3 days only to end up in a mental institution...

Datura?

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: cily4p]
    #9672263 - 01/24/09 05:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like natural selection to me! LET HIM GO.

Offlinedoulovebeef
Terminal Frost
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your closet
    #9672622 - 01/24/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

her 'friends' locked her in a room, i couldnt think of much else that would send me into a bad trip. no one was there trying to help guide her.

Offlinecdubbz111
Psycho for hire
 User Gallery

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: cily4p]
    #9680814 - 01/26/09 04:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Wouldnt it be nice to charge the gun shops owners for the cold blood killings of countless people? Dont get me wrong, selling is a risky business, and to underage bimbo's is really not intelligent. But seriously, she lost control to THAT point, i dont believe it.

--------------------

InvisibleveggieM

#10792650 - 08/03/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Drug dealer gets 15 years in death of teen who wandered onto freeway
August 3, 2009 - Los Angeles Times

A Westlake Village drug dealer who admitted to selling hallucinogenic mushrooms to a 17-year-old who was killed when she wandered nude onto the Ventura Freeway and struck by a vehicle was sentenced today to 15 years in prison.

U.S. District Court Judge Percy Anderson also sentenced Steven Thomas Roman, 31, to six years of supervised release following his prison term, said Thom Mrozek, a spokesman with the U.S. attorney’s office in Los Angeles.

Roman pleaded guilty in April to three felony charges, including felony distribution of illegal drugs that resulted in death. He admitted to involvement in a 2004 drug transaction in Thousand Oaks in which a teen bought a quarter-pound of hallucinogenic psilocybin mushrooms.

Victoria “Tia” Nugent, 17, ate the mushrooms with four friends and suffered an adverse reaction, which included shedding her clothing and walking onto the Ventura Freeway.

A musician who was heading home from a gig in Santa Barbara hit Nugent. The musician was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Roman was arrested last fall by Ventura County authorities. He also pleaded guilty to two counts of distributing ecstasy.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #10792658 - 08/03/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:kingcrankey:

--------------------

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
    #10793263 - 08/03/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It's easy to dismiss events like this as "freak incidents" that happen to someone other than ourselves. However, I think it would be of great benefit for all of us to consider the fact that horrific events can, and do, happen to anyone.

I have witnessed people "freaking out" in ways that were described in this news story. Thankfully, we had enough sober minded individuals to prevent the incident from escalating to a life or death situation.

I don't always take extra precautions, but sometimes I think we should encourage sitters to be present when people decide to go on a psychedelic journey. This is especially true for small groups that may include inexperienced trippers.

Here's some links for some great resources on "Responsible Tripping":

Video: How to work through difficult Psychedelic Experiences

Responding to difficult psychedelic experiences

Ground Control: How to be a good "Trip Sitter"

--------------------

Offlinecubicle
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: 'Magic mushrooms' case heads to federal court [CA] [Re: FleshCap]
    #10796464 - 08/04/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would take that first video you posted out FleshCap.

It says first ask the person if they are fearing for theyre well being.
If they say yes then call 911.

I think most trippers are going to be fearing theyre wellbeing so this is horrible advice.

--------------------
"Feed my will to feel this moment...."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag