Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGaiaAnnunaki
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia area.
DMT mess with your mind?
    #9667851 - 01/23/09 10:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard many different reports about DMT.

Some people make it seem like you feel completely normal but your just sent into another dimension.

I mean, do you get the mixed up and disjointed thoughts you get from LSD or Shrooms?

What about your fight or flight response?  Does that go off like it does on come up on other drugs.

I love huge breakthrough trips into other worlds with entities, I do not like the long long time stuck in come up phase mixed with the looped bizarre messed up thoughts.

So it sounds like DMT would be enjoyable for me?

--------------------
Everything I say on here is Just My Humble Opinion, not a fact.  Everything I say is just a generalization from my perspective.  So chill out.

Edited by GaiaAnnunaki (01/23/09 10:13 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUberDeepName
Zang!
Male

Loc: do not write in this spac...
Re: DMT mess with your mind? [Re: GaiaAnnunaki]
    #9667948 - 01/23/09 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if you take a big enough dose (enough big hits), you don't have time to be afraid or have fear, all of that is attached to the "you" in this reality. That is all left behind and you are in complete amazement at what you are experiencing. By the time you are saying "what the??? what is going on"? You're on your way back. But it also leaves enough of "you" intact to have some sort of reference point. You know you are tripping... but you aren't worried about it. It's hard to explain. And when it's over you are so excited to have gone through it, you can't help but be exhilarated. It must be similar to skydiving. Although I haven't experienced that. sorry if this did not answer your question. Now I am just thinking about my dmt trips... Ahhh sweet memories. :tongue2:

--------------------
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: DMT mess with your mind? [Re: GaiaAnnunaki]
    #9668648 - 01/24/09 12:07 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GaiaAnnunaki said:
I have heard many different reports about DMT.

Some people make it seem like you feel completely normal but your just sent into another dimension.

I mean, do you get the mixed up and disjointed thoughts you get from LSD or Shrooms?

You do, to a certain degree. But that psychedelic mindspace is experienced differently due to the contextual differences in duration and intensity. You don't really have time to get immersed in the psychedelic mindspace experience, because the interactive hyperspace realm is inevitably the primary component of the experience.

The rides are brief, but they are intense. The comedown of a DMT experience, after initial awareness of consensual reality is returning, is the part that is most similar to LSD in my experience.

Quote:

What about your fight or flight response?  Does that go off like it does on come up on other drugs.

Physically, you're not apt to be in fight-or-flight mode on DMT; you're apt to be lying down and out of this world. The come-up does have a familiar-feeling tryptamine twang to it, but this can be comforting as easily as it can be agitating.

Quote:

I love huge breakthrough trips into other worlds with entities, I do not like the long long time stuck in come up phase mixed with the looped bizarre messed up thoughts.

So it sounds like DMT would be enjoyable for me?

Yes, it certainly does.

I find the quality of the experience is greatly improved by arranging the setting, loading the spice, lighting some incense or cultivate calmness by other means, and just kind of sit resting until the moment feels just right to vaporize the spice. Lay down, and don't forget to smile as exhale.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: DMT mess with your mind? [Re: UberDeepName]
    #9669032 - 01/24/09 01:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
Ahhh sweet memories.

that's what dreams are. literally. (manifestations of memories, products of acetylcholine)
dmt is unlike any dream, or memory, I've ever had.

this is why i don't think dmt has any significant bearing on dreams whatsoever (not to mention my understanding of metabolism).
there's not enough evidence to support the alternative hypothesis

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience