Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard
    #966543 - 10/16/02 04:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFATT
Farmer Ted
Loc: cow field,under a pie
Re: composted shit [Re: ]
    #966649 - 10/16/02 05:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What is the percentage of composte and the percentage of manure? I bought some that was like mostly manure, and I didnt paserize it at all, and it worked fine.

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: composted shit [Re: ]
    #966672 - 10/16/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

fill a pillow case with ur poo. tie it off and put it in a big ass pot. At the bottom of the pot, u should put a divot
or some kinda steam strainer tray for the pillow case to sit on, otherwise  it may burn. A small towel is good too.

Place a candy thermometer  on the side. add water til the pillow case is submerged in it. U
will need to add some weight on it to submerge it. Crank heat to high and watch it carefully til the
thermometer  gets around 165F. This will take quite a while. if the water is cold it'll take longer.
When it gets to 165-170 u should start lowering the heat down, maybe medium high, medium
or somewhere in between....cus if u dont it'll keep rising and rising. But just keep a careful eye at the thermometer. u dont want it beyond 175F. If
its around 175, definitely lower the heat a lil  but not too much or it'll go down too low.  U need to keep it
between 160-175F for  around 45 minutes.  I pasteurized mines for an hour.  After this, take the pillow case out(be careful it'll be hot, otherwise let it cool first)
then put it in the sink to cool. This will take hours and hours. Once cooled, wring that sucker out like crazy.
Now be warned, ur forearms will get sore ..this is where the REAL hard, physical work will come into play.  Wring it
out like crazy. this shit  will not get dry no matter how much u wring, wring , wrInG.(at least i dont think!)
When u removed as much water as possible, let it sit over nite in the sink. 
U want it
to be moist, not runny. If u have to wring it out some more, do it. Once u have it at that consistency, u r
ready to spawn ur cakes into it.
I suggest wearing very lil clothing cus this work will make ya sweat. And if ur the type that
cant handle the smell of anything bad, wringing this shit out for a good 30 minutes at least, well
lets say u may get tempted to.....blAaaaaaagGHhhhh!  :smile:

Take that brick out, put it in a clean bucket. and fill with warm water til its covered. let it sit for about
20 minutes and not only will it expand but it will soften and break up.  Take a handful and squeeze out the
excessive water and put in other large containers...which u can use at a later date. Alot of stuff
will sink to the bottom so i suggest putting the brick on a cheesecloth when u put it in the bucket, that way
u dont have to fish for thos tiny bits that sink...like i did  :laugh:

Hope i didnt leave anything out...typed it in a hurry cus we goin out now to smoke a lil bowl  :grin::grin::grin:

sBUD:tongue: 

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: composted shit [Re: sBUD]
    #966705 - 10/16/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>After this, take the pillow case out(be careful it'll be hot, otherwise let it cool first)
then put it in the sink to cool. This will take hours and hours.

My friend has excellent resuts from running cold water on it at this point and kneeding it like it was bead dough until fully cooled which usually takes like 20 min. tops.  He then grabs a handful at a time and squeezes the shit out it until no water is running of anymore and then puts it in his casing container which will be spawned with his colonized millet.

--happygrins :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix