Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: bullfrog420]
    #9666993 - 01/23/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't measure it exact I took like 2 parts soaked seeds and mixed in like 1 part moist wbsf  maybe a lil more than one part I forget sorry. I'm thinkin a lil more would hae been better for me seeing how I used more wbsf in the verm jar than I did with the brf and verm mixes...

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

everything I say is a lie on here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: madwire3]
    #9667152 - 01/23/09 07:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:sun:thanks alot i've been thinkin about triing it ,good luck with yours:sun:

--------------------
:sun:

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9667255 - 01/23/09 07:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I can't really say I'm  dissapointed  or pleased by the outcome of just one jar ya know? if it throws at least as much fruit as the standard brf verm then I may use I here and there... I have like 400 pounds of wbs in the garage so I might as well do somethin with seed :smile: ... went on clearance 30lbs of kaytee supreme for 2.50 from last year workin at petco.. I loaded up for the heck of it... bird feeder but hey now I have tons of seed to use :smile: let me know what ya do and how it goes. this is my first time using seed and I'd like to know of better ways of using it...

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
    #9667374 - 01/23/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

a mix

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: arp180]
    #9667407 - 01/23/09 07:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, thats why i use it cause we feed it to our chickens so i have it around already . moisture content can be tricky and wbsf is a little easier to judge moisture.plus it seems like you can still shake it.i made some just haven't used it yet.:cool:

--------------------

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9667599 - 01/23/09 08:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I read somewhere that someone would soak their seed in hot coffee. would this actually help? also read that natural water from like a lake or river that's been boiled is better due to the nutrients and such found in it... if this is true wouldn't water from my freshwater tank be good too? I don't use any chemicals algae killers or anythin I don't even dechlorinate just let water sit a couple days before I add it... wouldn't this be good if I boiled it .. since it has all that fish poo and slime n such in it?

--------------------
RR

Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
    #9667606 - 01/23/09 08:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

madwire3 said:
I read somewhere that someone would soak their seed in hot coffee. would this actually help? also read that natural water from like a lake or river that's been boiled is better due to the nutrients and such found in it... if this is true wouldn't water from my freshwater tank be good too? I don't use any chemicals algae killers or anythin I don't even dechlorinate just let water sit a couple days before I add it... wouldn't this be good if I boiled it .. since it has all that fish poo and slime n such in it?

when i soak my wbs i pour a little coffee in the water

dont remember where i heard it benefits it but my jars usually always colonize quickly

--------------------
Karma.

Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: abitavenger]
    #9667751 - 01/23/09 08:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i've heard good things about coffee ,when soaking do 50/50 . fresh water should be good ,i haven't researched it though ,ishould i have a pond and a creek behind me

--------------------

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9667854 - 01/23/09 09:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hmm I couldn't find anything but worries about organisms "that would die when boiled duh" and ammonia worries... my tanks are 0 on the ammonia but the tank I'd use has a lot of nitrates built up and a tiny bit of nitrite.. would this have a negative affect I can't find anything on the affect of either on fungi growth

--------------------
RR

Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

#9667891 - 01/23/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

not sure maybe do a small test jar or two:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9667997 - 01/23/09 09:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have some 11 year old b+ prints haha found em yesterday.. I highly doubt I could get anything from them but I'm gonna try anyways... I have a ton of test tubes I can sterilize with substrate in the microwave and inoculate just as easily figure if anything grows in these then ill transfer to a tupperware for more room to growand more substrate... hah 11 year old spores what a joke

--------------------
RR

Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

#9668044 - 01/23/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sg 30 supposed to be 30 years old . just hydrate before you use em .:goodluck:

--------------------

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9668124 - 01/23/09 09:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking I'd syringe a print.. I don't think I hae anything around the house to try a lc and I've never done a lc before

--------------------
RR

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9668427 - 01/23/09 10:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so I'm steaming a jar of stuff I had around the house... small handfull of cob. hand full of wbs and a spoon full of coffee ground.. yeah that's all I have here everything else is at a friends..  I'm also getting ready to make a syringe but all I have is this tiny one so hmmm... I have one partial print I made back then and 2 of the original ones I purchased back then I paid 5 bucks each for very dark nice ones and the guy always threw in a few light ones for free... I'm gonna let the syringe sit 24 hours then gonna see if anyting takes. not the best supplies for sure :smile: but eh I'm boreddd

--------------------
RR

OfflineSuperStan
Stranger

Loc: Curichiba
    #9668516 - 01/23/09 10:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

old prints work just fine, I have ones that worked that were 4 years old!!!

--------------------
Lab Tech.

OfflineSuperStan
Stranger

Loc: Curichiba
Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: SuperStan]
    #9668554 - 01/23/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Why do you want to add the coffee to the WBS????? They are already very nutritious by themselves. And I doubt that would speed up colonization, save the coffee for your bulk sub to give it a boost especially with coir. coir+coffee=  shrooms

--------------------
Lab Tech.

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: SuperStan]
    #9668585 - 01/23/09 10:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

we shall see with this... the spores are sticking together in bigger chunks... I shook the hell out of it but they don't seem  to want to break apart... hmm I need more big syringes all I have is one I got the newer B+ in. the onethat still has eq in it and one little one my diabetic friend gave me.

--------------------
RR

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9668624 - 01/23/09 11:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

save it? umm we go through about 3 pots a day I doubt ill have a shortage :smile: I figure a lil extra for these poor old spores couldn't hurt ya know..

--------------------
RR

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
    #9668723 - 01/23/09 11:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

A little bit of coffee added will speed up colonization, just don't over do it.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: my current grow and a couple questions [Re: Spongiform]
    #9669590 - 01/24/09 04:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Don't add coffee grinds to WBS, just soak them in thin coffee (50/50 coffee/water). This drops the pH of the grains and speeds colonization.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate