Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSix_keys
Stranger
Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa)
    #9661580 - 01/22/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, SWIM is relatively new to the DMT experience, having had his first attempt at soul therapy recently.

First the background, skip if you feel you can answer the questions without!

After two months of studying the substances involved he attempted to brew the tea and had MUCH success.

However, as he was incredibly NEW to the experience and had at most experimented with marijuana in the past (not enjoying it for therapeutic/spiritual work due to the apathy it can induce) so he had no idea how exactly the experience would go outside of others reports.

Living in a fairly neglected corner of the universe where the education system never even touches on these materials, he was more or less on his own coming up with a process to do this. After spending weeks trying to figure out how exactly he wanted to extract it to be smoked, he grew restless and worried he would just never do it out of fear of failure.

On a whim he prepared himself to just try the tea, a much more potent experience he had heard MUCH about.

He managed to accomplish everything he sat out to do, but afterwords had to find out if he could improve the process. His questions are brief and as follows, primarily concerning the MAOI.

Using a Syrian Rue and Mimosa combination worked quite well, but being only slightly knowledgeable about the subject he had to exercise a lot of intuition even with the months of study and preparation. He prepared the syrian rue as a tea and drank the bitter liquid quite reluctantly. It kicked but he had to wait an hour before he was absolutely certain of the effect. After drinking the tea he worried it wasnt working (around 30 minutes) and ate some left over seeds assuming they may work where his first tea attempt failed (since he heard they were edible).

Now knowing he should have just ground up the seeds for ingestion, he is wondering about the process a bit. His question on the syrian rue is:

When he makes the tea, is he supposed to JUST drink the fluid, or does he need to consume the remaining plant matter as well? Should the liquid/resin work fine without the remaining matter or should he consume that along with it?

His other question is similar though he is fairly certain he did this part right:

With the Mimosa and the DMT containing brew, he had a very thick tea, very mud like. After the fact he realized there was MUCH more material left in it than he felt should have been (realized during a second brewing where he noticed what was most likely the mud he was looking for).

Having consumed all of the "liquid/mud" from the brew he also took in this grainy mass out of fear that it was what he was supposed to consume. In retrospect, he believes it may have just been the thick liquid, as the grainy substance had little taste or effect as far as the numbing/gag like sensation was concerned.

Do you have to consume all of the left over plant, or do you just strain the fluid and drink that?

Some extra info on the process: He did 3 boils (as the two he was told to do did not seem to get the best results) straining the liquid out from the plant and then reboiling all the left over fluid. This got it to a manageable quantity.

SUMMARY OF THE QUESTION:

Does he need to consume the bulky remaining material or can he just push it aside and take in the liquid/mud?

SWIM apologizes for how novice he sounds as this is a bold new world for him to explore, and hopes someone can be of service in educating him further in the methods and practices involved.

Thanks in advance,
Six

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: Six_keys]
    #9661632 - 01/22/09 08:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Strain out the plant matter as best you can. The alkaloids are water soluble so they will migrate into the water. The plant matter will give you bad nausea so strain, then cold filter in the fridge. All the plant mater should go to the bottom.

--------------------

OfflineSix_keys
Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: muistrue]
    #9661677 - 01/22/09 08:25 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Many thanks for the quick response.

OfflineDomiNero
Stranger

Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: muistrue]
    #9661727 - 01/22/09 08:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You can drink the mush, but if you are going for a higher dose you will want to strain it as it will make you puke and/or lead to an unpleasant experience. Strain first through cloth (old t-shirt works well) then let the brew settle in a tall, thin glass. Pour off and save the clear top layer. Dump mush. You can repeat this step a couple of times, I drink it at this point. I have also put it through a coffee filter at this point too, it may take a few filters though as they get clogged easily.

BTW what is your dose?

And it is generally agreed that freebase DMT is the more intense experience, though I've yet to try it.

--------------------
I think therefore I am not alone.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: DomiNero]
    #9663104 - 01/23/09 01:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ugh i dont feel like reading that now but im sure i could give you advice at another time lol any who i suggest you switch over to caapi,virdis,chaliponga ASAP but use mimosa and rue to but learn the differnece and learn to use em together

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinekin114
Myconaut

Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: thedudenj]
    #9663690 - 01/23/09 07:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

They are right, the whole idea behind the extraction is to get the good stuff it into the liquid. If the plant material is sufficiently crushed (hard work with root bark such as mimosa and unnecessary with foliage used with other options like psychotria) and cooking is done correctly all the medicine will be in the liquid. The plant material will still contains heavy tannin content that is very hard on the stomach. This not needed and makes it harder to keep the good stuff down in the belly long enough for proper assimilation. Mimosa is much harder to work with, but cheaper because of the higher DMT content. I would suggest the Chacruna (Psychotria Viridis) or Chaliponga (Diplopterys Cabrerana) because they are just leaves. Syrian Rue is a fine MAOI, but I think the true Ayahuasca vine of Banisteriopsis Caapi imparts something additional into the brew that isn't there otherwise. That has been my experience anyways.

Good Luck,

Love and Light,
D.

Edited by kin114 (01/23/09 09:03 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: kin114]
    #9664202 - 01/23/09 09:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

personally when i brew my brews i save the left over plant matter from straining and put it in a zip lock bag and  freeze it after 3 brews i take all the left over stuff and amke another brew from just that and i can make 1-3 brews from the left overs. i find the best way to brew is doing that style. the left overs retain some of the initial status before the brew so it really pulls togethers all the lessons from each brew then new ones and stuff.

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineDomiNero
Stranger

Re: Ayahuasca questions (Syrian Rue and Mimosa) [Re: thedudenj]
    #9664830 - 01/23/09 11:45 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I have saved strained pulp in the freezer. It is still very potent and the freezing may help (break cell walls) release bound alkaloids.

kin114 I will have to try the caapi, I have only ever used rue. And I just chew it btw, anything under 4 grams doesn't bother my stomach. And this might be disgusting to some of you, but I am totally used to the taste, like I could chew the seeds, and not rinse my mouth and be picking seeds out of my molars an hour later and shit... lol! And the mimosa I drink it straight, and don't chase it. It wasn't always that way, the first time I drank the brew I had to settle for half the dose I intended cuz I couldn't get it down!:D

BTW DMT SAVED MY LIFE

--------------------
I think therefore I am not alone.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
dmt, ftw. [Re: DomiNero]
    #9664876 - 01/23/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dmt saved my marriage, and landed me an awesome career.

thanks, dmt. :heart:

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Offlinekin114
Myconaut

Re: dmt, ftw. [Re: piracetam]
    #9664947 - 01/23/09 12:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, actually I was taught by a shaman to brew the plant material in new solution 3x then put all that together and boil it down to a more manageable amount of liquid to drink. However, if you get enough from the first brew and want to save the rest for later I guess that would make sense. He was always recommending heavy dosing no matter what the situation . . .

Love and Light,
-D.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: dmt, ftw. [Re: kin114]
    #9666644 - 01/23/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

quiet frankly it doesnt matter what any one brewer says cause its each to their own and differnt from each person. all of my brews are custom fit to the person im brewing for. back in the day virdis tribes used to be at war with chaliponga tribes. so its clear there is no one way to brew or one top way to brew

--------------------

OfflineSix_keys
Stranger
Re: dmt, ftw. [Re: thedudenj]
    #9669577 - 01/24/09 04:17 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful advice, and send out some positive thoughts to all who took the time.

Best wishes.
-Six

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds