Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Xlea321]
    #963366 - 10/15/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: vatoloco]
    #965512 - 10/16/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

you need
to get laid by the dallas cheerleading
squad.

I believe I am also in need of this. Well maybe not need, but want.

--------------------
- uno

Anonymous

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Evolving]
    #966196 - 10/16/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, I can't believe I read the whole thing. *burp*  'cuse me.

Evolving, you are intelligent and your point(s) are clear.  Although I can understand your committment to discuss this at length I do not spend my precious time arguing with those who cannot or will not understand a simple premise.  This is why certain members and I do not have any interchanges.

As far as the issue itself is concerned I do not have to ask any government by its Constitution or otherwise if or how I may defend myself.  I have that right merely by being alive.

Would you or luvdemshrooms give up your guns if a Constitutional amendment was passed?  I wouldn't.  There are some things that are worth dying for and freedom is one of them.

I will tell you plainly that the day a government agent knocks on my door to register or take my weapons one of us will die.  Either one is fine by me.

In the meantime elections are upon us.  Do you know the stance each holds with respect to self-defense?  If not, you know what to do.

I know my view is considered unpopular in the eyes of some but I really do not care what others think when it comes to the protection of the ones I love or my God-given right to self protection.

I have several signs posted on the outside of my house that say:

THE OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY IS ARMED! and prepared to protect life, liberty, and property from criminal attack There is nothing inside worth risking your life for.

Funny, but I live in a bad area and never had a problem.  I wonder how that could be. :wink:

Cheers, 

Anonymous

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #966210 - 10/16/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

luvdemshrooms,

Most of what I said to Evolving applies to you as well except that you and I have less stomach for arguing with those who cannot change their opinions.

I also hope that you as well know which candidates are Pro-Gun. Don't believe everything the NRA says about candidates. They are a compromise institution. They successfully killed HB 224 in Ohio which was Vermont style concealed carry.

Cheers,

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: ]
    #966362 - 10/16/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

for arguing with those who cannot change their opinions.

Oh brother. Just have the balls to say you don't like me and get it over with. I really won't mind.

Certain kinds of very closed-minded far right-wingers don't tend to get along with me. It doesn't offend me, I'm proud of it. Like Bill Hicks said - he preferred playing to groups of ignorant hillbillies rather than preaching to the converted.

(btw, it's nothing to do with my opinion, it's simply what the supreme court have said for the last 150 years. But don't let the truth get in the way of you and your NRA pals)

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Xlea321]
    #966475 - 10/16/02 04:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i know someone working on what stands to be the defimitive work researching gun violence data.... i can tell u this already.... 

there is a 88% correlation between child/young adult gun violence and perscription drugs used for adhd and other "so called" problems that all of a sudden become medical condotions once a drug is discovered to have an effect on a particular brain chemical... ssri?s are also associated with this problem... i believe this man because when he has presented papers similar to what he?s putting together here, he will include in upwards of 200 pages of footnote?s to sources used ...

I WILL KEEP U POSTED AND GIVE YOU THE LINK INFO WHEN IT?S AVAILABLE...

canada has more guns per capita yet has less crime.... they do not give these drugs to their children in that country...

i?m law abiding, have no police record, love my country, help my family friends and neighbors.... and understand my rights and accept responsibility for protecting what is mine... this is a dangerous world we now find ourselves in .... i?m a competant shot and know my skill level is high enough to know i can use my gun effectively...

some people think if u look at a gun the wrong way it will up and shoot u.... what is wrong with these people.... they allow their irrational fear and misunderstanding of issues to drive them to insist that they know what is best for me... hmmmm

nope...

:laugh:

:smirk:

Anni  :wink:

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Anonymous]
    #975968 - 10/20/02 12:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

(sigh) i JUST GOT JACKED!

Some fucker just jacked me with a gun for 5 grams of weed!!!!!!

lol... and i still support the 2nd amendment!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #975976 - 10/20/02 12:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

All I know is that in TN we will have guns at least for the rest of my life. There's no way they could take all TN's guns :grin: besides,none of the judges or polotician's here would want to stop toting their guns 

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #976192 - 10/20/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

johnny, are you serious? Thats fucked up man..scary shit?

When I was 9 years old I had experienced an arm-robbery which almost killed both my parents and myself. They were looking for a large quantity of pot, they had the wrong house.

It fucked me up for a good 5 years, being so young and seeing my parents both in a pool of blood at 3 AM on a warm summer night is not the most glorious of all memories....guns have the power to kill, I really do not support guns, because they are used 99% of the time with people who take advantage of them and use them in the wrong ways...

Many people do not experience near-death experiences with the presence of guns.

I think skeet shooting and the fact of archery and precision on a target is cool, but not on living things. If your gonna kill it, make something to kill it or use your own manpower. Guns are cheap ! :mad:

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: angryshroom]
    #976217 - 10/20/02 02:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, excuse my "ignorance", but I have personally never really met or talked with someone who owned guns...but...

What exactly is the point of owning a rifle? I mean, Ok I understand for self defense purposes, but, do you guys get a high from having the power of owning a gun and the ability to KILL, and take an animals life away...contributing to the mass of destruction us humans do to this earth?

I am biased most likely because I am a vegetarian. I would eat meat if I knew that I could handle the fact that I personally could KILL the animal myself and then eat it, but I couldnt. Things are always pre-packaged, killed already...it makes it much easier to eat and cook up without the fact that you aren't seeing the dead face of the carcass at the market. Plus, of course I feel guilty for taking an animals life away. (hell, I feel guilty for taking a plants life away). :frown:

Im not trying to flame anyone, but, I really just do not understand the whole reason in owning a gun. I grew up in Hawaii, where surfing and peace and pretty much happiness was easy to come by. Lots of papyas to pick instead of cows :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #976427 - 10/20/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

because they are used 99% of the time with people who take advantage of them and use them in the wrong ways...

Completely incorrect. More guns are used each year in the prevention of crime and for self defense. The most commonly used murder weapon is the hands. Would you feel better had your parents been stabbed or nearly beaten to death? How about if they had been clubbed with a baseball bat? Would you then think knives or bats shouldn't be owned or possesed?

In reply to:

Im not trying to flame anyone, but, I really just do not understand the whole reason in owning a gun.

They are fun. They are legal. It's our constitutional right.

What's the point of owning a powerful car? What's the point of owning a private plane? Shall I go on?

It doesn't matter in the slightest if you see a point. What matters is the gun owners see a point. How many things do you own that mean something to you but others would find completely useless? Should you not be able to own those things?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/20/02 06:11 AM)

Anonymous

#976700 - 10/20/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

some people believe that if u stare at a gun the wrong way it will shoot u on it?s own... it?s tough that jackoffs entered ur home like that... but if weed were controlled and distributed like alcohol is, it would not have happened...

kids using guns violently can be directly tied to behavior medication whose side effects are suicidal and homicidal tendencies... i?ll use a figure of 3,000,000 children on ssri?s or similar compounds... the pdr?s will say .01% of the people taking these meds will be affected in a way to cause them to plunge a knife into a sibling while eating dinner... or walking into ur school and shooting other kids u feel dissed u... that would be 30,000 child figthting these urges to act out in an irrational way... this did not happen when i was growing up ...

we have asswipes flying planes into our buildings and the possibility of war on american soil is more a reality now then ever before... it will not surprise me, although i?ll be deeply saddened if it does come to pass, when people begin boarding our buses with bombs strapped to the bodies...  i accept responsibility for myself and decline to wait for the police (or military) to come to help me out... our leaders are more concerned about being reelected then they are in our saftey.... if u don?t believe me listen to the floor and senate hearings transcripts that gave war power authority to the president... hmmmm when the shit hits the fan u can bet they will not be on the streets with us... this issue is so complicated i may have made a mistake leaving it in this post... but fuck it... i?ll leave it in for further debate...

i understand there is a penalty if i use my guns to commit a crime... i will never do anything to anyone who hasn?t done anything to me... if u don?t like handguns... it?s ur right... but until the world is at peace, i will stand on the side of caution...

i can appreciate wher ur coming from... i believe another world is possible, but there will be pain while on that path... the world is a ghetto at this point in time...

johnnyfive... i got ur pm... ur lucky bro... i?m glad it all blew over and everything is fine... take care ....

:shocked:     

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: Anonymous]
    #976792 - 10/20/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I support the second amendment because, i would never like to see any right, vanish. Yes true, alot of people do use them wrong, but its only the cause.

hehe, i blame weed prohibition for that one. If it was legal i could call the cops on his ass, but since it isn't, ill just have to beat his ass, catch his ass by surprise one day! :grin:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#977016 - 10/20/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well yes, I do understand how it is a right to own stuff in our "free world" and what not. Its just such a scary thing. We aren't going to get closer to peace with the usage of guns.

I mean, people could use their cars to run people over and kill just as much as somone with a gun. Im sure you hear about more murders by guns than you do with drunk driving incidents.

What do you guys feel about having gun licenses? Wouldnt that seem right? I mean, you wouldn't want a mentally unstable person (or a senile grandma) driving a car around. Should be a license, to make sure you are able and truthful to own a gun. Im sure there will be soooo many ways around it, but, putting people in jail for the right reasons, for using a gun in the wrong way illegally would be better than nothing.

I wish guns were never invented...:( Stick to bow and arrow, that shits fun heh, and not so loud!!! :grin:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#977235 - 10/20/02 02:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Are drugs legal?

Have drug laws prevented you from getting drugs?

Do you think that for some reason if there were more than the 14000+/- guns laws already on the books, that it would make any difference at all? Would you prefer to live in a country where criminals were the only ones to have guns? Do you think for a moment that the same criminals would suddenly say... Oh my! Guns are illegal now. (Or we need licenses) Lets turn all our guns in as good citizens? (Or lets get licenses)

I mean really. How do you people come up with this crap?

And are you aware that many states already tack more jail time on to the sentance when a crime is commited with a gun?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/20/02 02:14 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#977291 - 10/20/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Bah nevermind.

Edited by angryshroom (10/20/02 03:06 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#977298 - 10/20/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I really wont argue with it if it really doesn't pertain to me..

Personally, I'd like to stay away from guns or anything for that matter that has the power to kill.

Make love maaaaaaaan....Not wwwwwaar mannnn... :smile: hehe

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#977942 - 10/20/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Make love 

I won't argue with that!  :smile:

--------------------

Offlineakjakj
    #978508 - 10/20/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Have drug laws prevented you from getting drugs?

Yep.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Thank god for gun ownership... [Re: akjakj]
    #978814 - 10/21/02 03:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Then obviously you aren't looking in the right place. There is no shortage of most drugs in most places.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds