Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpartacist
FabulousShroomer Fag
Loc: Portland, OR
Business Software for spore suppliers
    #919304 - 09/30/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Fellow Vendors. I'm in the process of scoping out some potential business software for suppliers in this market. I'd like to build modular software packages for spore suppliers, grow kit suppliers, etc. in the shroom market to manage their business, tracking supply, order turnaround and other essentials for this particular business. I am intent on keeping to the legal side of the business. I need some help with this project because I have never been in the spore business other than as a customer. I want to get ahold of someone familiar with the business who can help me to work out a general set of requirements and a wish list of what a business software package could do. Please contact me here if you're interested in taking part in this project.

--------------------
Sing while you may!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Business Software for spore suppliers [Re: Spartacist]
    #924980 - 10/02/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No offense, but who are you, and why should a vendor trust you with a backdoor into all their records?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineSpartacist
FabulousShroomer Fag
Re: Business Software for spore suppliers [Re: mycofile]
    #961308 - 10/14/02 10:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Mycofile, you raise a valid concern, though you must realize that software packages are sold to companies all the time. Software vendors rarely, if ever, have access to data.

Let's just say for a moment that I were to develop a business package for Spore Vendors as I asked about before. I would first go about developing a workable data model for those things that a vendor would want to keep records of. They might want to keep track of orders, turnaround time for orders, expenses in sending out those orders. They would definitely want to track supply and inventory, etc. They may want to keep track of customers That's a little way off I'm sure someone interested in making a profit at this business, wherever they may be, would find such a system useful. That is, if nothing like it yet exists.

I'll answer your question with a question: why would I want data like that? I'm not in the spore business. I don't plan to be in the spore business and my having access to a spore vendor's data would be worthless to me. Since I am not in the spore business, I have no basis to begin working on a design or a prototype software package. That's why I asked the question in the first place.

If I were to jump ahead about 4 steps, I'd say that I'd first develop a standalone application with Java so as to run on Windows and Linux. That's because I know that American Vendors will always be at risk of being arrested for drug charges, even though the final product they sell is (technically) legal. I think that if I were in the business, I'd want to be able to remove a single hard drive from a pc and, say, throw it in a fireplace if the time came to pass. Make sense?

If that's the kind of thing I was developing, then there's no way I would have access to anyone's data, which I don't want to begin with, as I've established.

That said, is there any vendor out there, anonymous or otherwise, who is interested in helping me in this project?

--------------------
Sing while you may!

OfflineSpartacist
FabulousShroomer Fag
Re: Business Software for spore suppliers [Re: mycofile]
    #961374 - 10/14/02 10:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, you asked who I am. I am a shroomer. I've used the shroomery for info on cultivation teks for a couple of years now. This is the first time I've registered as a user and posted anything. See my profile for who I am and where I am.

--------------------
Sing while you may!

InvisibleCptnMaxMushroom
enviromentaladvocate
    #963673 - 10/15/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

On behalf of the reputable vendors...

'We don't keep lists'.

--------------------
Visit the SporeLab....
http://www.sporelab.com
A trip you'll never forget!

Offlinefungor
Old fart
Male
Loc: Norway
    #966164 - 10/16/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Why not gather a little group of people, set up a CVS server, and make is an Open Source project? :grin:

As far as I'm conserned, that is the only way you can convince me that your software is any good. And I wouldn't mind helping out, as I consider myself fairly knowledgeable of C and Linux.

Just a thought :wink: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale