Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNiceLikeRice
ive popped alot of e
Male
DXM questions
    #9660338 - 01/22/09 05:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I picked up some cough syrup to try out.
It says that the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan hydrobromide

is this the right stuff? i dont want to get sick from it.

Also it is Buckleys, is it gonna taste really horrible?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: DXM questions [Re: NiceLikeRice]
    #9660354 - 01/22/09 05:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Uhm,

no you won't get sick from it if that's the only active ingredient.

I've never heard of Buckley's, but it's gonna taste horrible no matter what.

Personally I recommend:

a) reading up about DXM a little bit more, read the DXM FAQ, it has everything you want to know,

b) try the Robitussin Gel Caps

c) read the DXM FAQ again.

d) refer to A and C.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

Re: DXM questions [Re: pfxtc]
    #9660380 - 01/22/09 05:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I also think that you haven't read up enough on DXM. Not to mention there are still some inactive ingredients that can cause problems in large enough dosages.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: DXM questions [Re: Grizvok]
    #9660405 - 01/22/09 05:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Grizvok said:
I also think that you haven't read up enough on DXM. Not to mention there are still some inactive ingredients that can cause problems in large enough dosages.

One bottle won't be a problem,

but thats definately true in higher doses.

I've read the FAQ at least 5 times and it's a GREAT tool, DXM can be dangerous if you don't know what you're getting yourself into :smile:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

#9660425 - 01/22/09 05:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

Grizvok said:

One bottle won't be a problem,

but thats definately true in higher doses.

I've read the FAQ at least 5 times and it's a GREAT tool, DXM can be dangerous if you don't know what you're getting yourself into :smile:

Yes it can, which is why I've read the FAQ multiple times but have yet to try DXM. I will one day soon though, we'll see.

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

Re: DXM questions [Re: Grizvok]
    #9660429 - 01/22/09 05:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Grizvok said:

Second.
I think some of the inactives in Buckley's may be toxic.
I am thinking of camphor.

The DXM FAQ is very comprehensive.
Basic questions about DXM should be researched through the FAQ.

--------------------

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: DXM questions [Re: NiceLikeRice]
    #9660431 - 01/22/09 05:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you might get nauseous from it, that's pretty typical though.

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: DXM questions [Re: piracetam]
    #9660437 - 01/22/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Nausea is part of the experience I think,

which is why it's better to lay down :smile:

I've only throw up twice though,

once was because I was in the back seat of a car (bad idea) and the second was because I took more then I probably should have.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#9660488 - 01/22/09 05:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've thrown up every time I've chugged 6 or more oz of syrup.

I recommend Vicks 44, it has 30 mg / teaspoon. Taste a hell of a lot better than tussin too.

Are the gelcaps dangerous in high doses? In feb or march I think I'm gonna try 1200 mg.

OfflineModizu
Modizu is BACK!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: MEEDWEEST
Re: DXM questions [Re: DroneLore]
    #9660509 - 01/22/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ive done 900mg in gelcaps.

and 1100 mg in delysm.
stay away from delsym, its not really a true robotrip.

what a trip.

--------------------
--**WICKR: modizu
MODiZu

Love is the ultimate drug!

wickr: modizu

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9660514 - 01/22/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DroneLore said:
I've thrown up every time I've chugged 6 or more oz of syrup.

I recommend Vicks 44, it has 30 mg / teaspoon. Taste a hell of a lot better than tussin too.

Are the gelcaps dangerous in high doses? In feb or march I think I'm gonna try 1200 mg.

Injesting 1200mg of DXM via gelcaps is just as dangerous as drinking 1200mg of DXM,

I've never drank the cough syrup, fuck that lol. Sounds fucking disguisting, I much prefer the gel caps.

1200mg is pretty high up there,

how much do you weigh?

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9660543 - 01/22/09 05:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Just make sure not to get Triple C's like a tard and end up ingesting a shitload of CPM, which causes seizures and even death and high doses.

And yeah, check inactives and you'll be good.

One bottle won't kill you, might make you throw up, though.

IF you get red and all itchy, don't worry. Everytime I robotrip that shit happens to me.

have fun
:robotrip:

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#9660545 - 01/22/09 05:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

170 give or take 5 lbs. I've done DXM a hand ful of times, working my way up from 8 oz of robotussin (not sure what the DXM quantity is, I calculated it before drink but can't remember it)to 12 oz. My most recent trip was a few weeks ago at 933 mg, 2 bottles of Vicks 44 and after I puked I took 15 gelcaps. Total DXM = 933 mg. The effects were certainly more substantial than previous experiences, but nothing as intense as some of the trip reports I've read.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9660556 - 01/22/09 05:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DroneLore said:
170 give or take 5 lbs. I've done DXM a hand ful of times, working my way up from 8 oz of robotussin (not sure what the DXM quantity is, I calculated it before drink but can't remember it)to 12 oz. My most recent trip was a few weeks ago at 933 mg, 2 bottles of Vicks 44 and after I puked I took 15 gelcaps. Total DXM = 933 mg. The effects were certainly more substantial than previous experiences, but nothing as intense as some of the trip reports I've read.

1200mg of DXM at 170 pounds would put you into a low 4th plateau trip,

I wouldn't recommend going over 3rd plateau, and I've personally only gone that high once, but you definately need to be careful.

I don't think mixing a whole bunch of different medicines is a great idea either, but I tend to stray on the cautious side of things.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#9660575 - 01/22/09 05:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What's third plateau like for you? The most significant perceptual distortion I had on 933 was time dilation (thought i'd been laying in my bed for an hour and it was 16 minutes), and seeing the letters on an instant message conversation pop up two at a time (sometimes even changing before the next two popped up) instead of as a whole line at once.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#9660588 - 01/22/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DroneLore said:
What's third plateau like for you? The most significant perceptual distortion I had on 933 was time dilation (thought i'd been laying in my bed for an hour and it was 16 minutes), and seeing the letters on an instant message conversation pop up two at a time (sometimes even changing before the next two popped up) instead of as a whole line at once.

The most basic effects for me include:

forgetting who I am completely, I remember once looking at my hand and not knowing what it was, starting at myself in the mirror and not having any idea what this thing was looking back at me,

absolutely NO short term memory, i never remember how I get or got anywhere, especially straneg when going to the bathroom,

music becomes something else entirely, absolutely spectacular,

with my eyes shut I "roll" through mountains, and I feel like my body is actually moving, fucking wierd sensation,

I've also had conversations with people who weren't there,

and I remember being able to put my ipod with the light on infront of my face then move it away, and the light would stay there for a few minutes,

I also got the sensation of having two ipods, not blurred, but two ipods next to each other even though in reality there was only one,

I think it hits me harder then most? :smile:

No nausea either for the most part.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/22/09 05:58 PM)

Offlinem08b08
BrainDead
Male

Loc: In The Fog
    #9660626 - 01/22/09 06:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dude dont do that shit i used 2 drink like 2 8oz a day i remember when i got my hands on some pure dxm man that shit was ill id never do it again i fucked me more than lsd fif ! no lie but if u start itching ure allergic to the dye in it pop some benadryl thatll stop it

--------------------

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

#9660635 - 01/22/09 06:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If the most significant perceptual change you experience on 933 mg of DXM HBr is time distortion then you are either very odd or very fat.
Nearly a gram of DXM HBr causes full blown psychedelic experiences.  I hear voices at those kinds of doses.
If you want to know what a third plateau is like then read the FAQ.
There is no reason for anyone here to rewrite it for you.

DXM FAQ section 5.7 The Third Plateau

It is not the same for everyone but it gives a good guideline.

--------------------

Offlinem08b08
BrainDead
Male

Loc: In The Fog
Re: DXM questions [Re: m08b08]
    #9660644 - 01/22/09 06:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

get robitussin cough gels no nasty taste just gotta be able to swallow them just eat em slowly and youll hav i nice trip but eat 20 for a easy trip 40 would be crazy but ive eatin way more than that.but lkike i said id never do it again after the powder  :headbanger:

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9660669 - 01/22/09 06:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

READ THIS BEFORE TAKING DXM FOR SAFTY

My DXM experience at 600mg. 

Height: 180.3 cm
Weight: 75 kg

At first i took 290 mg of the DXM, i was smoking lots a marijuana at this same time.  I wanted to start out with a small dose, but the 290mg were so insignificant in noticable effects that i decided to dose the rest of my DXM which was 310mg.  As the DXM started to kick in, i started to get the urge to close my eyes.  I coudln't tell if it was the weed that i was smoking or not, but i was drinking a lot of water during this time cuz i was high from the weed and thirsty.  I got out the car to take a wizz (was parked sitting in shotgun in my friends car in the middle of the desert)  I noticed that walking was difficult, and felt strange.  As i got back in the car and sat down the effects were very noticable.  I felt "fucked up" for lack of a better word.  I had this urge to close my eyes and when i did i would start to lucid dream under my eye lids.  When i closed my eyes i would just start playing out senerios that i would think about.  They would just appear, like i was creating my own reality with my mind, but my eyes were closed.  I had a strong feeling of being disconnected with my body, i didn't feel like me.  I had no feelings or emotions what so ever, i felt very much like a robot.  It totally numbed all emotion.  The feeling of being fucked up, not me, and lucid dreaming with my eyes closed in darkness with music playing.  Thats pretty much how i would describe it. 

Side effects:
Dry mouth
Savere Itching

After glow:
Lasted 2 days for me, a feeling of not really being "back" yet.  I felt different and a little shaky, felt different.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order