Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRetrovirus
Feed you're head.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shroomville
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: austino313]
    #9657096 - 01/22/09 05:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

austino313 said:
It serisiously is rubbish, and its not made by anyone whos actully taken any shrooms.

:discorex:

--------------------
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
--Alexander Pope

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshallowbastard
the friendly puppet
Male User Gallery

#9657358 - 01/22/09 07:51 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

sucked major balls like across the universe or worse.

i shit on this movie.

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: shallowbastard]
    #9657406 - 01/22/09 08:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shallowbastard said:
sucked major balls like across the universe or worse.

i shit on this movie.

Yes across the universe is horrible. Its a waste of the beatles license and I could see why sony (the distributor) fucked around with its distripution. The director refused to take out the Mr. Kite scene (which is the worst song and scene in the movie) and sony then limited it's release.

Also, you know this movie is going to be shit...for starters its a horror movie called shrooms...whats going to happen...are the mushrooms going to kill people? Also it never came out in theaters so you know it had shit financing.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North Augusta, SC
    #9657416 - 01/22/09 08:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have that movie, and the first thing I told my fiance before I showed it to her(she has never done mushrooms) was that It was completely unrealistic. We got a good laugh out of it though...I wouldn't go so far as to call it a propaganda film though.

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: flip3084]
    #9657436 - 01/22/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Dont waste you4r money buying or renting this one, its simply not worth it, like someone said above, if you have to see it, download it for free.
Trust me, the movie cops wont be banging your door down for downloading this one. You might, however, get a stupidity ticket or something.

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: Retrovirus]
    #9657627 - 01/22/09 09:23 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What a shitty fuckin movie. Im watching it right now. Dont waste your time man. Seriously.

Invisiblerazero
I'm a teapot

Loc: Jamaica
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: TTT]
    #9657639 - 01/22/09 09:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

you'll waste 84 minutes of your time if you watch this :thumbdown:

Edited by razero (01/22/09 09:28 AM)

Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
    #9657715 - 01/22/09 09:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I like watching all horror movies, even the ones I know are going to suck. This is a horror movie, not a shroom movie. It was a little below average by my (low) standards but had its funny parts. They could have just as easily replaced mushrooms with flowers or babies or tom cruise and the plot would not have changed.

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: meatman]
    #9657720 - 01/22/09 09:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

hmmmmm.... drinking baby and tom cruise tea.... I think the plot may have changed a bit...

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #9657816 - 01/22/09 10:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

that movie was not made by people who have a respect for the mushroom, it was made by people who only think of it as a way to get fucked up. After abusing them, the mushroom turned on them and all they could see about tripping was the bad trip aspect. Although their intentions was to make unique horror movie,it gave many people the opportunity to see only the negative aspects of a trip. If some ignorant kid watches it then take shrooms, the thought of the movie could pop up and these thoughts would lead to a bad trip.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Loc: Long Beach/Orange County,...
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: danlennon3]
    #9657891 - 01/22/09 10:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

As soon as I saw the trailer for this movie, I felt queasy and disgusted, knowing how shitty it was going to be.  "The death cap", makes you see premonitions and the dead, uh huh.  Maybe you will see yourself die (in reality), but this is in no way a psychedelic mushroom :rolleyes:

I don't know if they were trying to depict Amanita Muscaria as the "death cap"...but if they were, they did a horrible job.  In the trailer, one of the guys says that it makes you see the dead and get premonitions, etc.  Doesn't mention anything about its toxicity, actually makes it sound like it's edible to a degree.

From Wikipedia (Amanita phalloides - the death cap):
Quote:

Amanita phalloides (generally pronounced /æməˈnaɪtə fəˈlɔɪdiːz/), commonly known as the death cap, is a poisonous basidiomycete fungus, one of many in the genus Amanita.  A. phalloides is one of the most poisonous of all known toadstools. It has been involved in the majority of human deaths from mushroom poisoning,[1] possibly including the deaths of Roman Emperor Claudius and Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI. It has been the subject of much research, and many of its biologically active agents have been isolated. The principal toxic constituent is α-amanitin, which damages the liver and kidneys, often fatally. No definitive antidote is known.

This, coupled with the delay in the appearance of symptoms—during which time internal organs are being severely, sometimes irreparably, damaged—makes it particularly dangerous. Initially, symptoms are gastrointestinal in nature and include colicky abdominal pain, with watery diarrhea and vomiting which may lead to dehydration, and, in severe cases, hypotension, tachycardia, hypoglycemia, and acid-base disturbances.[55][56] These first symptoms resolve two to three days after the ingestion. A more serious deterioration signifying liver involvement may then occur—jaundice, diarrhea, delirium, seizures, and coma due to fulminant hepatic failure and attendant hepatic encephalopathy caused by the accumulation of normally liver-removed substance in the blood.[11] Renal failure (either secondary to severe hepatitis[57][53] or caused by direct toxic renal damage[49]) and coagulopathy may appear during this stage. Life-threatening complications include increased intracranial pressure, intracranial hemorrhage, pancreatitis, acute renal failure, and cardiac arrest.

Sounds like a ++++ capable mushroom to me. :thumbup:

I'm absolutely not wasting my time with this movie.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/22/09 10:32 AM)

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: psilocybonautX]
    #9657906 - 01/22/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This movie is such a fucking joke. I was so intrigued, then I saw it and was honestly more pissed off then I have been in a long time.

I'm currently working on writing a screen-play for a movie about entheogenic mushrooms. It's dark but no were near pointless or propaganda.

Edited by smaerd (01/22/09 10:35 AM)

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: psilocybonautX]
    #9657918 - 01/22/09 10:35 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Damn dude, it's not a freakin documentary. It is a horror movie. And anyone who knows anything about mushrooms, should be able to easily overlook the falsities in this film. Like, The death cap they invented was a liberty cap with a dark spot. Aparently baring a mold that if did not kill, would provide a third eye type quality. It is entertainment. And if you feel it will scare people off who don't know any better,or misinform gullable folks, then write your governors..:shrug:

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

#9657931 - 01/22/09 10:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I thought of it is a form of propaganda which is why I personally was so upset. It was like reefer madness. However your right, if your dumb enough to believe in this work of fiction your just dumb enough to not deserve the sacrament of sacred fungii.

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms (the movie) [Re: smaerd]
    #9657959 - 01/22/09 10:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed. Let's not treat it like healthcare. Every one should not be privlaged.:lol:

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

OfflineRight_Away
Stranger

#9658242 - 01/22/09 11:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The movie really is garbage. I watched it with a friend, and within the first 5 minutes, we had guessed correctly who would be the first to die and who the killer would be. Predictable worthless garbage

OfflineWronguy
Re: Shrooms (the movie) (moved) [Re: GaiaAnnunaki]
    #9658548 - 01/22/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from The Psychedelic Experience.

Reason:
Despite the title of this movie, this hardly qualifies as a psychedelic movie or topic. Please continue this discussion in our Pub forum. Thank you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag