Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguard385
Stranger
Feedback wanted for LSD trip
    #9619555 - 01/16/09 07:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Here is a quote I found in a thread from a couple months ago that is relevent to my situation:

Quote:

D LYS3RG1C said:
I take LSD alone alot. I like to walk around town, frying balls and taking in the world. (I live in orange county, CA the sunsets are beautiful here!). Your experience is a world away from mine. For some reason this experience doesnt quite sound like an LSD experience to me.

Plus Ive never had a bad acid trip, I dont see how you can unless you take too much, or are inexperienced.

This is really interesting to read because I am interested to know about the real possible dangers of taking it alone and I want as much feedback as possible.

I took 1 1/2 tabs recently by myself at night because Ive read that the visions are more lucid at night time, I dont have anyone to trip with where I live and I wanted to do it and did not want to wait.

I also was looking around for signs in my life as to whether or not it was a good or bad idea and the messages I was getting seemed positive and supportive of my decision to do it alone.

So I took 1 1/2 tabs, I had already experimented with mushrooms and I had taken LSD with people before, although the dose was not quite as strong as the trip I recieved and also they werent bad people but they werent the most amazing people either.

I prepared the whole thing for at least 2 weeks in every way concievable, I recorded the prayers from "The psychedelic experience" on a voice recorder and used that for the trip, and it was working for most of it (the length of the voice recording, that is) until the end when it just got too intense.

So I called my friend and that helped me stabilize and calm down but she had to go to sleep so I made my way back to my car and listened to a set of CDs I had set aside for myself

I was alone and experienced some fairly intense wrathful vision, "fairly" intense not "really" intense, and granted I was alone

The music helped me stabilize further, but still

I was alone and I was experiencing my ego

I was experiencing my ego trying to keep itself together and I was realizing some painful aspects of myself and I was alone for the experience and did not have anyone there to move the trip in any sort of direction

Basically it was not my first time, but it was actually the strongest trip Ive had, (1 1/2 tabs)

I am wondering if there was any possibility of doing any kind of psychological damage to myself because I was alone, I had music and I had spoken to a good friend of mine, yet it was somewhat frightening and painful for some of it,

what do I do? Im sort of afraid to take it again especially because I have no idea how it might be different with another person there, it has been hard for me to find a good friend to share this experience with, very hard unfortunately.

Any comments? Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Feedback wanted for LSD trip [Re: guard385]
    #9619650 - 01/16/09 07:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well psychological damage is relative. It did not do any physical damage if that's what you're wondering, but the fact that you are here asking this question I would say is a sign that, yes, it did cause psychological damage. That's not like it's something you can't get over though. It's only temporary.

Offlineguard385
Stranger
Re: Feedback wanted for LSD trip [Re: krypto2000]
    #9620584 - 01/16/09 11:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So yes it did cause psychological damage but it's only temporary?

I started to feel better about 20 hours after I first ingested the tabs, but could you explain any further what that could mean that yes it did but that its still temporary? Thanks!

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9620660 - 01/16/09 11:19 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well psychological damage is only in your head. You experienced something that didn't sit well with you for one reason or another and you have yet to accept it and/or come to terms with it.

All (purely) psychological damage is only temporary. It could be that it's traumatic enough that you can't overcome it in your lifetime, but it's still temporary, you just didn't live long enough to overcome it.

It's just something you need to deal with. It's in your head. If you enjoyed whatever it made you experience then it would no longer be considered 'damage' and it's just be an effect. Yunno what I mean? I'd suggest meditation, or maybe counseling to help. Talking with your friends, anything that can help you figure out what it was that caused you mental anguish. Psychedelics have never shown me something I was not supposed to see.

Offlineguard385
Stranger
    #9622633 - 01/16/09 06:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

" Psychedelics have never shown me something I was not supposed to see."

It means a lot to hear you say that, really it does. Yes it was not the smartest thing to do it alone, but I organized the whole trip extremely well and got practically every aspect of my life in complete order before I did it and found the best possible place in my mind before I did it.

It had a lot to do with my ego and I realized that I am more of an egomaniac than I had originally thought, I also realized that I criticize myself unfairly and far too often, but I also do have a lot of painful mistakes in my past that I need to deal with somehow.

It wasn't long after it turned into an overwhelming experience that I swore to myself "I'm just going to lay as low as possible until it wears off, and then I'm never doing this again!", I feel a lot more normal now but it was still ridiculous. I thought I could have insightful visions while laying down by myself, I was sadly mistaken.

The experience itself wasn't quite traumatic enough, but it really surfaced a lot of stuff that I could not have anticipated, and now I don't know what to do about it from here. My original intention was to gain insight into possibilities for what my strongest passions in life could be, but instead I realized how I have made painful mistakes in life and how I distance myself from people all too much.

One prominent message I got from the experience (and I've had this before on psychedelics) is that I need to go through hell, literally, before I can ever become free.

You ever get that? Is that a common thing with people taking psychedelics? If so, what does it mean?

Anyways, my plan is to do a lot of meditation from here on and just do my best in all of my relationships, and to rigorously examine the behavior of my ego. Thank you for your helpful response krypto =)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9623074 - 01/16/09 07:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

letting go is a skill i have to keep relearning
seeing the world is a trial and a joy i keep returning to
reading your pain reminds me of mine and of everyone else's

beauty and pain are entangled but that is not necessary, just a default, working with this leather makes it soft
i like it nice

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Feedback wanted for LSD trip [Re: redgreenvines]
    #9627482 - 01/17/09 05:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

letting go is a skill i have to keep relearning
seeing the world is a trial and a joy i keep returning to
reading your pain reminds me of mine and of everyone else's

beauty and pain are entangled but that is not necessary, just a default, working with this leather makes it soft
i like it nice

I feel this way too.

pain is not damage. things surface and then? You can see it as a lesson if you want, these drugs sometimes make it so you can help but be aware of yourself.

Today I tripped with someone. It was her second time she said it was like her mental callouses had come off.

Offlineguard385
Stranger
Re: Feedback wanted for LSD trip [Re: Freedom]
    #9645197 - 01/20/09 11:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Redgreenvines your words are both loving and courteous

Terence Mckenna said in response to a question posed about the issue of potential for addiction and he responded with the statement that addiction stems from compulsive and unexamined behavior, and then he said "how can you have unexamined behavior with psychedelics when they hold you up to a blast-furnace of self-reflection?"

I am wondering, how long do tabs of LSD last without being stored in the freezer or refrigerator? If they are just being contained in an airtight plastic container?

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9645609 - 01/20/09 12:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

years at least.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9646394 - 01/20/09 03:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

kept dry and in the dark
they last and last and last

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract