Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethehappymushroom
grappldox

Loc: Costa rica.
3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast.
    #9644052 - 01/20/09 07:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Its been about 4 days since inoculation. got home from work yesterday and myc has popped up as small fuzzy bright-white dime-size spots at inoculation point. Then i woke up this morning and sum were about qaurter to half dollar sizes.I didnt think they would germinate that quick.They stay at about 80-85 degrees. maybe that sped it up?? 3 days for germination with cambos with the right conditions.i also knocked up 10 more jars with panama, taking notes as time progresses.
my question is... wats the warmest temp i should keep my cakes at to receive full on colonization. can too warm( such as between 90-95)slow them or dry them out? the jar lids are pretty loose because i notice condensation after steaming and didnt want to collect water at the bottom. Ill take pictures tonight. at this rate theyll be fully colonized by this time next week i hope. i was not expecting this. so i gotta get ready.

just wanted to drop a Note on you shroomies.

--------------------
Disclaimer: I do not buy, sell, cultivate, manufacture, or use any illegal substance. Any postings I make on this forum are purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures that I may post have been created by artificial means from images gathered from the internet and other sources. Any statements made should not be considered truthful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: thehappymushroom]
    #9644092 - 01/20/09 07:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dont go over 80F.

germination can actually happen in as little as a few hours. Its just so small you dont see it. The first signs that you see, is the cells have divided enough times to be visible

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9644143 - 01/20/09 07:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

cambos have one of the fastest colonization rates out of all cubies, very fun strain to work with

grappldox

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: shroober]
    #9644183 - 01/20/09 07:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

its been at about a steady 80-83 degrees. i'll lower the temp. with it being over 70 does it run a risk of gettin contaminated??

--------------------
Disclaimer: I do not buy, sell, cultivate, manufacture, or use any illegal substance. Any postings I make on this forum are purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures that I may post have been created by artificial means from images gathered from the internet and other sources. Any statements made should not be considered truthful.

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

#9644206 - 01/20/09 07:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

its when the temp is over 80 it risks a chance of contam. too the "cambos are one of the quickest colonizers." Thats just something vendors say to increase sales of that strain. Its not true at all. A cube is a cube.

--------------------

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9644360 - 01/20/09 08:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shr00mZ said:
its when the temp is over 80 it risks a chance of contam. too the "cambos are one of the quickest colonizers." Thats just something vendors say to increase sales of that strain. Its not true at all. A cube is a cube. 

Uhhh, you are quite wrong sir. You're telling me you've never noticed a particular strain colonize faster than another? A cube is a cube in a lot of cases but certain strains have different attributes to their style and speed of colonization, I've noticed this time after time, I've got the experience to prove it, do you?

OfflineKnifeplay
HAIR POLICE
 User Gallery

#9644377 - 01/20/09 08:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I always chalk that up to the "genetic grab bag" I've had "super fast colonizers" take the same amount of time as other "strains" to grow. A cube is a cube is a cube.

--------------------
bmiles: shrooms are 90% cum.

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: Knifeplay]
    #9644420 - 01/20/09 08:39 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm telling you after many, many trials using agar I've been able to isolate a very rhizo, quick colonizing cambo strain much quicker than say Falbino. Perhaps it's just the particular prints I have but in my experience there are most certainly strains that are more aggressive than others.

I agree that a cube is a cube is a cube, but different strains will inevitably have slightly different attributes, at least that is my experience.

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9644611 - 01/20/09 09:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Nice man, I love the first signs of growth, I check on them all the time until i see growth because I get paranoid I did somthing wrong every single time haha.  It doesn't help being a little stoned when I do all procedures, so i dont remmember them to the T.  I currently have 3 pf cakes of Golden teacher on there second flush.

Cambodians are the next strain im after, besides the blue meanies a buddy on here is sendin out.  You should make a journal or grow log, it's a lot of fun.  If you do message me the link man i love to watch :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKnifeplay
HAIR POLICE
 User Gallery

#9644773 - 01/20/09 09:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroober said:
I'm telling you after many, many trials using agar I've been able to isolate a very rhizo, quick colonizing cambo strain much quicker than say Falbino. Perhaps it's just the particular prints I have but in my experience there are most certainly strains that are more aggressive than others.

I agree that a cube is a cube is a cube, but different strains will inevitably have slightly different attributes, at least that is my experience.

I do think this is true to a degree. I mean look at humans. Certain strains seem to be more apt for certain things. But as with humans I think all cubes have the same potential.

--------------------
bmiles: shrooms are 90% cum.

grappldox

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: mudkip]
    #9644922 - 01/20/09 10:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i was actually gonna start on that tonight :crazy2:.im excited!!! this is gonna be awsome. im about to buy a 22 qt pressure cooker friday for 80 bucks.ive probly printed this entire site and all its contents except for forum threads. ive got about a 2-3 in" stack of knowledge lol. my new bible...
got the cambo's and panama out of a 2 for 1 deal at lil shop of spores.i got lucky cause i was gonna order just cambo's or equador.but decided to chance it :smile:.

--------------------

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: Knifeplay]
    #9644939 - 01/20/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm telling you after many, many trials using agar I've been able to isolate a very rhizo, quick colonizing cambo strain

Yeah and after you isolate it on agar, it's no longer a "cambodian strain" but an isolate from a cambodian strain. You can isolate a fast colonizer, good fruiter, potent strain, etc. from any strain at all.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Offlinemudkip
I heard U Like Me!
Male

#9645080 - 01/20/09 11:04 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thehappymushroom said:
i was actually gonna start on that tonight :crazy2:.im excited!!! this is gonna be awsome. im about to buy a 22 qt pressure cooker friday for 80 bucks.ive probly printed this entire site and all its contents except for forum threads. ive got about a 2-3 in" stack of knowledge lol. my new bible...
got the cambo's and panama out of a 2 for 1 deal at lil shop of spores.i got lucky cause i was gonna order just cambo's or equador.but decided to chance it :smile:.

Nice man, once you get a pressure cooker, things get great.  My :2cents: on that is to make a wanted ad on craiglist and see if you can get one cheaper, I got mine thats probobly about a 22 qt, for 20 bucks. Good luck man i'll be lurkin

--------------------

grappldox

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: mudkip]
    #9645120 - 01/20/09 11:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hard to obtain on craigslist. i look everyday but it looks like imma have to get one new. thanks for all your input dudes.

--------------------

Invisibleshroober
Myco Junkie

Re: 3 day germination with cambo's spreading fast. [Re: dead]
    #9645163 - 01/20/09 11:20 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dead said:
Quote:

I'm telling you after many, many trials using agar I've been able to isolate a very rhizo, quick colonizing cambo strain

Yeah and after you isolate it on agar, it's no longer a "cambodian strain" but an isolate from a cambodian strain. You can isolate a fast colonizer, good fruiter, potent strain, etc. from any strain at all.

Well said, but my point is that I am able to obtain a healthy, rhizomorphic isolate with fewer transfers in certain strains as opposed to other strains. With cambo in particular I've noticed after two transfers I'm already seeing highly rhizomorphic mycelium as compared with 10 transfers of a less aggressive strain. Again, this could all be contributed to the particular prints I am using but I would still argue that certain strains are more aggressive than others and in my experience cambo consistently seems to be one of the more aggressive strains.

These are just the conclusions of my experience, I'm not attempting to pass this information on as absolute fact, just my opinion based on my experience.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags