Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemerzdiesler
Peasant Laborer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube!
    #9643065 - 01/20/09 12:33 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just wanted to post a link to this video I found on YouTube. It is completely police propaganda. They insinuate that shrooms can kill you. Lots of fucked up facts on this video. It was filmed in the UK I think. The sad thing is, these police treat the "criminals" better than any cops in the US would. Any cop I have met anyway. Please watch it and post your comments (here and on Youtube). Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDark_globe
Stranger
Male

Loc: NSW
Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: merzdiesler]
    #9643160 - 01/20/09 12:52 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

its an Australian video, been posted b4

Offlinemerzdiesler
Peasant Laborer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: Dark_globe]
    #9643199 - 01/20/09 01:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry about that. I was looking for something else on YouTube and it popped up as a frequently viewed video. I hadn't seen it before. If you are Australian, didn't mean to offend you. Also, if you are Australian, you seem to have semi-decent cops (as far as cops go). Where I live they would have sent the dogs on you and then had you in handcuffs, yelling in your face. All for what? Harmless mushrooms.

OfflineDark_globe
Stranger
Male

Loc: NSW
    #9643231 - 01/20/09 01:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lol don't worry wasnt offended, just trying to clarify. Yeah judging from what ive seen and heard i would rather have a run in with an ozy cop if I must choose

Offlinemerzdiesler
Peasant Laborer
Male User Gallery

#9643386 - 01/20/09 01:45 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I appreciate the clarification. I guess I should have checked around the shroomery to make sure I wasn't putting redundant stuff on here. I always thought Australia was a pretty relaxed place. Do they really have that many cops dedicated to finding people foraging for shrooms? I live in the desert, so the cops around here wouldn't know a shroom if it was up their ass. Meth is king here.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#9643484 - 01/20/09 02:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Typical stale propaganda film, highlighting the need to protect a psychologically fragile society/mental imprint. Oh how feeble they all are...

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Offlinemerzdiesler
Peasant Laborer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: burgatory]
    #9643512 - 01/20/09 02:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
Typical stale propaganda film, highlighting the need to protect a psychologically fragile society/mental imprint. Oh how feeble they all are...

Very well stated. Like the dude in the video says "God put them there, why can't we eat them?" I have been in areas where the county government has special teams that go out and find shrooms and ditch weed and "irradicate" them. On OUR TAX DOLLARS! Those self righteuous, pious asswipes!

Offlinefrisky_
don't panic.

#9643545 - 01/20/09 02:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

merzdiesler said:
Harmless mushrooms.

Harmless?!? Harmless??!??!?!

Mushrooms make you gay! However, every once in a while, it just makes you bi.

They truly are a terrible scourge! :tongue2:

--------------------
:piggy:your horse is too tall:piggy:
:piggie:and your brain is too small:piggie:

Offlinemerzdiesler
Peasant Laborer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: frisky_]
    #9643671 - 01/20/09 03:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

frisky_ said:
Quote:

merzdiesler said:
Harmless mushrooms.

Harmless?!? Harmless??!??!?!

Mushrooms make you gay! However, every once in a while, it just makes you bi.

They truly are a terrible scourge! :tongue2:

That would explain a lot. I'm not gay, but I have some gay friends. Maybe it was a bad batch.

InvisibleMikael
 User Gallery

#9643910 - 01/20/09 06:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Its very sad that man cant do what he want to do himself. Its nobody's business if one choose to take shrooms. Mushrooms make no harm to no one, if they are right (psilocybe) mushrooms. Those cops should bust real criminals, instead shroom pickers.

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: Mikael]
    #9643980 - 01/20/09 06:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

'Course they're not gonna smack the poor fellow up on a film, used for promoting their presence :P

But yeah, i'd personally be with an Aus Copper than a screw from the US.  I've had some worthwhile experiences with cops whilst on drugs, it's been quite entertaining at times (only when looking back on it, of course >.>)

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9644571 - 01/20/09 09:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The cop even says "its not nessacerily right its just the way it is" in reference to the law and why alcohol is legal and shrooms are illegal.

Hes admitting that hes enforcing something he either doesn't understand or doesn't agree with.  If the law said old people must have sex with children then kill them this sheep of a human being would probably also happily enforce that.

Offlinefishfarmin
Predator Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: Ego Death]
    #9644706 - 01/20/09 09:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

my sig says it all!!!:2cents:

--------------------
"Government exist to protect us from each other.Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."    Ronald Reagan

"It is error alone which needs the support of government.Truth can stand by itself."Thomas Jefferson

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues."Abraham Lincoln

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
    #9645109 - 01/20/09 11:09 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Invisiblesam.larone

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! *DELETED* [Re: piracetam]
    #9645165 - 01/20/09 11:21 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by sam.larone

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
    #9645220 - 01/20/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

merzdiesler said:
Quote:

burgatory said:

Very well stated. Like the dude in the video says "God put them there, why can't we eat them?" I have been in areas where the county government has special teams that go out and find shrooms and ditch weed and "irradicate" them. On OUR TAX DOLLARS! Those self righteuous, pious asswipes!

I'm not doing this to be an ass, though that's usually the reason people do this type of shit; I just wanna clarify, I'm not sure you used "Pious" right

adj 1: having or showing or expressing reverence for a deity;
            "pious readings" [ant: impious]
    2: devoutly religious; "a god-fearing and law-abiding people"
        H.L.Mencken [syn: devout, god-fearing]

Law-abiding, I guess could fit, but it seems to be more about religion than anything

Anyways, lol at least it's not like America where they tell you it's addicting like heroin and fatal and will make you murder your mom and jump out of buildings

I'd trade that in for a friendly disagreement and calm, non-judgemental car search any day.
If you're getting your car searched here it's already way beyond friendly banter

To Sam; I agree personally, but legally, when an officer is stopping you under suspicion of picking mushrooms, and he finds a bag of mushrooms near where you were purposely hiding from the police, that's absolutely reasonable cause to search.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: sam.larone]
    #9645237 - 01/20/09 11:37 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see what's so wrong about this video?

It is a big concern that people know the exact strain of mushroom so they don't pick the poisonous ones, that often look similar to ones that are essentially non-toxic.

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9645279 - 01/20/09 11:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing

The only real "problem" with it is the general illegal status that it has everywhere, but yeah, at least they do have a big concern about the actual SAFETY of the users for the most part, because I'm sure there's lots of teens/young adults who go out and have no fucking clue what they're doing, they just happen to have eaten shrooms before and know that they do grow there, and go picking
There's SO MANY LOOKALIKES

Personally I would never ever go picking. I'd probably have to take some courses in it before I felt confident doing that.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: LSDXM]
    #9645638 - 01/20/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The issue isn't the cops saying "watch out for the poisonous ones" though.  They stated that yes but I don't really think thats the issue at all,
if it was then a simple solution would be to make mycology mandatory at school.

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?

Re: Anti-shroom Police Propaganda Video on YouTube! [Re: Ego Death]
    #9645763 - 01/20/09 01:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
The issue isn't the cops saying "watch out for the poisonous ones" though.  They stated that yes but I don't really think thats the issue at all,
if it was then a simple solution would be to make mycology mandatory at school.

yeah.
Quote:

The only real "problem" with it is the general illegal status that it has everywhere

If that was the discussion we were gonna have then you could go find any old video, or not even find a video and just make a thread about illegality of mushrooms.

But the thread is about that video, and the point being made here (at least by me) is that the officers in the video had very decent reasons, that they believed to be valid. Such as eating them as soon as you get to your car and driving home tripping balls, or picking the wrong mushrooms, which is not a small problem, or something to take lightly at all, and instituting mandatory mycology classes is a completely unrealistic solution to that problem.

What the fuck would ever make you think that a country/school system would say "Hey, kids eat mushrooms! Let's teach them about how to pick them properly <3 :smile:"

Seriously.
Obviously it sucks that they're illegal and that's "the real issue". But that's really not got much to do with this thread, since the point of the thread is that the video is "police propaganda".

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract