Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMeSaUsA
journeyman
Ultra neglect tek??
    #963850 - 10/15/02 08:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I was sitting here frustrated with my feeble attempts with bird seed and I came to the thought of; In theory just pasteurizing a bunch of horse poo and spraying a spore solution on it and letting it sit till colonized then add light and fresh air via cool mist. I would be using a large Rubbermaid container to hold it. Perhaps a honey water mycelium spray instead of spores. What are your thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Ultra neglect tek?? [Re: MeSaUsA]
    #963864 - 10/15/02 08:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I see contams in that plan... but what the hell do I know... Give it a shot!!

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #963869 - 10/15/02 08:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Try following Pavlov's Poo Tek made popular by Roadkill.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Ultra neglect tek?? [Re: StS]
    #963917 - 10/15/02 08:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well u may be asking for contams since u need a 1:5 spawn to substrate ratio if its less than that contams have an easy chance of taking over. lower ratios are better.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #963969 - 10/15/02 08:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am extermely green when it comes to hands on experience . Have read lots , read some more , hang out here , and am having great luck with bird seed , do not give up , find your mistake and fix it !
Go to a seed and grain supplier , find grain that is not treated with crap for birds , I think that is a problem most have not recognized , also such grain used in "common" pet food is not the highest quality , that is why is in pet food .
Find bird lovers in your area and ask where they get grain from .
Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Ultra neglect tek?? [Re: tripndicular]
    #963980 - 10/15/02 09:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

Go to a seed and grain supplier , find grain that is not treated with crap for birds

It's very easy to find birdseed that is nothing more than straight grain with no coating.

In reply to:

also such grain used in "common" pet food is not the highest quality , that is why is in pet food.

It is just fine from a nutritional standpoint, and the $0.25/lb that I pay makes me happy.

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Ultra neglect tek?? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #963995 - 10/15/02 09:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes , but most go to WAL-MART and such , finding unadulterated seed is hard to find in such places  .
And I paid even less than you my friend >>>>>>>>>>>>>
FREE , a friend gives me all I want ........so thhhhhpppppppppttttttttttttttttt a big raspberry to you . Place sells it for .69 cent / pound , but free is best !
Thanx for input Mickey , just fing with you , have a great night avoid questions that drive you nuts . :grin: :cool: 
p.s. crappier grain suppliers may have their own contam problems , yes we sterilize first , but why use questionable grain , is what my bird brained buddies say ! That is why they buy grain from known sources only .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (10/15/02 09:14 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #964091 - 10/15/02 09:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did you just snort some meth? :grin: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #964141 - 10/15/02 10:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard of people having a lot of luck using the kind with the coating. I have never seen it cause a significant problem. but hey what the hell do i know. I don't grow so i guess i don't really know.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation