Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9634261 - 01/18/09 08:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The final day:

We woke up early, and drove to Tel Aviv, sad to know it was our last day as a group:

On the way we played Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?! Testing our knowledge of Israel:

Back of the Bus 4 Lyfe!:

The site of Rabin's assassination:

The old Arab village of Jaffa:

Now that's a gun:

A mosque:

Ohad was so cool:

Best shwarma of my life:

The Hebrew graffiti says: "Beirut Wants Freedom":

We went to Independence Hall, the site where David Ben-Gurion proclaimed the state of Israel:

The very same microphones into which the Declaration was spoken. I stood up and read it in English for the group:

Our last dinner together:

And that's the end.

Oh and I bought this badass mask in the market at Tel Aviv:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

Loc: Wonderland
. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9634264 - 01/18/09 08:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Edited by scruffymafia (06/19/20 04:01 PM)

Male

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #9634274 - 01/18/09 08:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yrtlzmo said:
ahaha, I love that you guys taught them the soldier boy and beer pong, ridiculous.

Actually Ma'ayan and Yonatan are dancers when they are not on duty and they showed us that we were doing it wrong. :lol:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9634286 - 01/18/09 08:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tedwilto said:
Looks like a bitchin trip. was it for religious purposes?

There are 26 "trip providers" that administer the Taglit-Birthright program, I picked one with secular leanings. Elad, the guide, was secular.  That's not to say the trip wasn't spiritual in nature for me, but I personally think there's a difference between spiritual and religious.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: HuHEN]
    #9634299 - 01/18/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HuHEN said:
Cool pics! I'm glad you didn't die.:awesome:

Thanks man, me too. I felt safer walking around Jerusalem with two friends than I do walking to my friend's house in South Park Slope fifteen blocks from my own apartment.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9634309 - 01/18/09 08:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't know you were a John Lennon fan.

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #9634514 - 01/18/09 08:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I was starting to wonder if you made it back yet, good to see you made it :sunny:

and it's much greener than I would have guessed which is saying something cause I would have made a bad ass sand castle if I were there.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #9634581 - 01/18/09 08:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Tumbleweed blows through the desert:

Nice shirt!

Awesome pictures man.

--------------------
!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#9634639 - 01/18/09 09:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dude that trip looks awesome. Makes me wish I had some Jewish heritage. I might, actually. There are two separate families in the US with my last name, one Jewish and one catholic. Maybe one day the some of the Jews decided to be catholic.

If I wasn't stuck taking organic chemistry this summer, I'd say you should take me with you on your summer birthright trip.

Male

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Gumby]
    #9634721 - 01/18/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You, sir, have access to about 500 more pictures from my trip on Facebook. Take a gander when yer bored.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#9634760 - 01/18/09 09:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have already man :smile:

I think you chose the best ones to upload on the Shroogmery.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Gumby]
    #9634842 - 01/18/09 09:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Dude that trip looks awesome. Makes me wish I had some Jewish heritage.

my father was a jew, I passed up the opportunity a couple of times
and really it's one of the few regrets I have...

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #9634925 - 01/18/09 09:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for sharing these pics and for the well written commentary. Israel looks absolutely amazing! After viewing your pics it's now on my top 5 places to travel to before I die.

Is the old man that was told "Go ahead, Jew, pray, this is the closest you'll ever get to your precious Wall." employed by the museum or does he hang out there in his free time?

Nice work teaching the soldiers how to play beer pong and dice. :lol:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9635003 - 01/18/09 10:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Why not do it now? Do they have an age limit on birthright trip?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9635024 - 01/18/09 10:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the age limit is 26... I got a little too old, caught up in doing
other things though I could have taken leave time to make the trip

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #9635025 - 01/18/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I think it's like 25 or 26.

--------------------
!

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9635048 - 01/18/09 10:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That is pretty ironic. You're constantly being called an anti-semite lately and come to find out you're part Jewish. :lol:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#9635057 - 01/18/09 10:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well shit. If I do have some Jewish heritage I need to work on investigating that and booking a trip. I'm 24 now.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #9635072 - 01/18/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matt said:
That is pretty ironic. You're constantly being called an anti-semite lately and come to find out you're part Jewish. :lol:

I know... I'm horrible, a damned nazi if you ask me, I've actually
considered moving to israel a few times as well, if a really good
offer comes along on the farm I just may, I wonder how they'd view
an iranian stamp on my passport

Male

Re: All right, so here's a buncha peekchores from my journey to Israel. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #9636822 - 01/19/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matt said:
Is the old man that was told "Go ahead, Jew, pray, this is the closest you'll ever get to your precious Wall." employed by the museum or does he hang out there in his free time?

He just kept showing up every day insisting on working for no money, he doesn't get paid, he just shows up and hangs out.

Quote:

Nice work teaching the soldiers how to play beer pong and dice. :lol:

I'm an ambassador of American culture. :smirk:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom