Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER
    #9632714 - 01/18/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

He just got a Wii for Christmas and plays it all the time. By the time he got good at a few games like Lego Star wars he started asking if I would like to play 2 player with him. So I said why not and started playing.
God forbid you do something slightly other than what he wants or too slow/ fast he flips out and gets all mad. I can understand that he gets frustrated by the fact I slow him down because I dont have any idea of what I'm doing. But shit it got to the point where he isn't even having fun and he just snapped at me and said he didnt want to have fun he just wanted to beat the game.  Its almost funny how mad he gets when I give up and start killing my player purpose.
Idk I never had a game system as a child so this is all kind of new to me but I'm sure some of you can relate. I just dont see the point in these things if they are not even fun.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #9632735 - 01/18/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbdown:

Hate it when people cannot  have fun while playing. Why bother if it just stresses you?

Good luck with your bro.

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#9632740 - 01/18/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sooo funny.  i had a friend of mine that would freak the fuck out whilst playing video games when shit went wrong.  he would find any reason to blame it on other than his skills.  like, if someone sneezed.  like his mom would call him from out of the room for lunch or some shit, and even if he lost the game five minutes later he would freak out, cry, throw and break shit, tell his mom off for distracting him.  it was realy sad.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #9632750 - 01/18/09 04:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've defiantly gotten mad at games before but but very rarely, your brother need to realize it's only a game.

--------------------

InvisibleAlec_Baldwin
Reigning On High
 User Gallery

Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9632751 - 01/18/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My friend little brother is like that. Wants to sit and watch you play games he's already played and then just tells you everything to do and where to go. Super fuckin annoying.

--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9632893 - 01/18/09 04:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I've defiantly gotten mad at games before but but very rarely, your brother need to realize it's only a game.

Yeah he's only 9 so I think he will realize in a few years. For the time being I'm getting some earplugs. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
    #9632906 - 01/18/09 04:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not gonna lie. I'm still like that with video games.

I recently whipped my ps3 controller across the room cause I was SO close to beating a race on the game GRID but crashed and wrecked my car and had to restart and it's fucken HARD.

I was the same when I was a kid. Video games can make people lose it whether there alone or playing with someone.

Edit: after readind the other posts again, I blame it on myself. It's no one else fault especially cause I'm always home alone anyways and my cat doesn't do much to distract me. I think I need to go see someone for my anger issues. Video games really bring out my rage :shrug: . Must be the speed!

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Edited by hpi (01/18/09 04:44 PM)

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #9632935 - 01/18/09 04:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sometimes I wonder about kids and games today.  I feel old saying this but when I was a kid (not that long ago, I'm 24), it was stuff like Frogger, Doom, Monkey Island etc.  It was good and involving and addictive, but the games today- they're too fucking good.  If I had seen Call of Duty 5 or Fallout 3 when I was 8 years old I would have shit my fucking pants.  It's no wonder kids are obsessed, todays games are just incredible.  And with the competition element of online play with your friends it's even more addicting.

A lot of the time I have trouble pulling myself away from games to get on with life and I'm a mature adult.

I was saying to my gf the other night, that so many people in the world, in this crazy sub culture, are SO FUCKING TALENTED at games, but in the end it's just a wasted talent.  For all the hours of my life I put into Counter Strike I get respect from my fellow gamers but outside of the culture, when I step away from the PC, that aura of skill evaporates to nothing.  It's so weird.

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: sam420]
    #9632951 - 01/18/09 04:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ah CS. Ive put in a lotttttt of time in that game. 2 years ago all I used to do was a lot of amphetamines and a lot of counter strike. Days at a time, no breaks aside from going to the washroom.

You can get paid money for playing CS though. People make a lot of money off that. You can also make a career in video games be it a designer or tester.

--------------------

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: hpi]
    #9632966 - 01/18/09 04:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I code games now lol

I just think it's strange that so few people appreciate the culture of crazy talent that exists in competive gaming.  And how useless the talent is, really.  It's nothing, and something spectacular all at the same time.

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

#9632973 - 01/18/09 04:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have noticed too how much more kids are into the games.  I mean dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed my own fair share of gameplay...but i was never obsessed or cursing ppl out about it.  When halo came out (the first one) most of my friends were crazy about it.  I didnt get why. i still think goldeneye for n64 owns all 1st person shooters. lol  i actually used to joke on my friends for it, yea they were amazing halo players-  as soon as you spawned they sniped your ass.  it wasnt even fun for me because i couldnt even take 5 steps.  i entertained them tho.  the one kill i got per game demoralized my victim crazy-hardcore since im a "noob" that killed a god. 1 time to their 5000, but its all the same lol

i just got obsessed with playing guitar.

But I think that is a little more respectable than "l33t halo skeellz" :smile:

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: TBTVox]
    #9633008 - 01/18/09 05:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If you're brother can put that focus into something useful, he can go places.  We never played many video games, but my lil bro was the devil for years and years, and then he just chilled out and started wrenching on cars, and now he wrenches on machines.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9633032 - 01/18/09 05:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think video games are a drug, and damn addictive too. I know some straight edge kids that are like: this kid smokes pot what a bum. And they sit and play video games all day and dont get anything done. If it were them sitting there shooting up all day it would be a problem, but since its just a video game its ok.
And I get high and do work just fine thank you.:yesnod:

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #9633072 - 01/18/09 05:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

watching some wc3 professional replays i am blown away.

but yeah i get really angry when i lose a video game i'm intent on.

not like i did when i was a little kid, but still way more than i should.  i get competitive, just as mad as when i lose at chess or get the who wants to be a millionaire questions wrong.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#9633120 - 01/18/09 05:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:[/b

I was saying to my gf the other night, that so many people in the world, in this crazy sub culture, are SO FUCKING TALENTED at games, but in the end it's just a wasted talent.  For all the hours of my life I put into Counter Strike I get respect from my fellow gamers but outside of the culture, when I step away from the PC, that aura of skill evaporates to nothing.  It's so weird.

theres something to be said about ur recognizing that at least.  there is still hope for u!  :tongue2:

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineWindmiller
Stranger

#9634333 - 01/18/09 08:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i know people like that, a friend plays cod4; he shouts at the tv sometimes but i guess thats part of the fun.

I play video games occasionally now, i played WoW a few years back and i understand when you say games are like drugs. It was an escape, for me at least. Sometimes the story/lore and atmosphere just took me away.

I agree too sam420, once im bored with a game i stop playing and effort spent mastering goes unused. My friend who plays Cod4(ps3) has logged in alot of hours and cares about his K/D ratio. In a way i can see stats as a reflection of your skill but once a newer game comes out, ya do it all over again. :shrug:

Nowadays i find the internet more fun, but sometimes, i think about pickin up wow again (mage anyone?)

Offlinehallermonkey
Stranger

Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Windmiller]
    #9634774 - 01/18/09 09:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's almost an addiction really. I am not proud to say it, but I have personally missed work because of big-titled release dates.

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Windmiller]
    #9634818 - 01/18/09 09:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Windmiller said:

Nowadays i find the internet more fun, but sometimes, i think about pickin up wow again (mage anyone?)

haha that game is addicting as balls, played it for about half a year and had to give it up because it just takes too much time. if you just step back for two seconds and look at what your doing you realize its not even fun. its just chasing a carrot on a stick and paying to do it. And yes i was a mage :lol::thumbup:

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9634871 - 01/18/09 09:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to the era of E-Crack :hehehe:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9634894 - 01/18/09 09:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I got the carrot. Then once you do they release a new carrot on a new stick, except its easier than the first.

I like games that are super challenging, and make you think.. and requires skill and fast reactions.
There are certainly certain video game skills that can translate to real life skills.
There are also video games that can degrade said skills and are just like digital crack.
But most of all they should be played for enjoyment, although once you play on a competitive level it takes on an entirely new meaning.
Too many games are focused on violence, and stifle creativity.. IMO.

But there are some really amazing games out there that do just the opposite and get people expanding that ol' noggin, and learning how to cooperate in group situations and believe it or not learn some social skills in the process. This technology is not evil, in fact if used for a more pure purpose it could revolutionize the educational system. As of right now though, they just want to train soldiers. Oh, you were wondering why there were so many war and shooting games huh.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Shroomism]
    #9634987 - 01/18/09 10:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you brought up a very important point shroomism.

video games have massive potential for education and public discussion.

i got into warcraft 3 for a little while recently.  I was startled at how much i learned how quickly.  every units hit points, build time, armor type, mana, walking speed, blah blah blah.

if i could work that hard on academic pursuits i'd have a masters within a year.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#9635002 - 01/18/09 10:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i challenge your brother to halo 1 > chill out > human weapons.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

OfflineWindmiller
Stranger

Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: Shroomism]
    #9635096 - 01/18/09 10:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yea i got the carrot on a stick and one purple before i quit. Sometimes i wonder how many total hours of gameplay have been spent in WoW. I know mine was in days.

i agree shroomism, games can be profound teachers. Age of Empires 2 will always have a special place in my heart. that game taught me alot.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Video games turn my younger brother into a MONSTER [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9635110 - 01/18/09 10:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
you brought up a very important point shroomism.

video games have massive potential for education and public discussion.

i got into warcraft 3 for a little while recently.  I was startled at how much i learned how quickly.  every units hit points, build time, armor type, mana, walking speed, blah blah blah.

if i could work that hard on academic pursuits i'd have a masters within a year.

so true man. i was just thinking the other day about how little time i actually spend on school work outside of class. like at most it's gotta be an hour per day when i'm not working on a project/paper. on the other hand, i have been spending 1-2 hours per day playing video games since it got really cold outside.

i could easily handle a 25 hour class load if i didn't spend so much time on stupid virtual entertainment lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale