Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

Loc: CENTRAL CALI
White FUZZY mycelium
    #963143 - 10/15/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

First timer here, and im haveing a bit of a problem, I have four jars fully colonized that I have placed in a Perlite, spray it 4-5 times a day as well as air it out and give it 6 hours of indirect sunlight each day. I noticed that for a week all I have seen is a white fuzzy type mycelium that is kind of bumpy and makes the cakes look like a giant marshmellow or like its growing an afro, I also noticed that in some area there were bumps around the sides of it like little round bumps,

it looks something like that im just curious as to whether or not that is normal and what I should do to begin pinning? :confused: :frown:

--------------------
The famous Grateful Dead House - home to many a "hit" - is located at 710 Ashbury Street in San Francisco-the house is stll located at 710 ashbury street, where the band often goes after a tour. I've personally taken a hit of jerry's own stash.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: Psillycybin]
    #963240 - 10/15/02 02:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

since no one else has answered: that looks normal to me. a friend growing B+ saw the same thing and got pins at about 7 days after birth. to initiate pins, my friend birthed the cakes into a high humidity environment with temperatures in the low to mid 70's F with light 12 hours on 12 hours off.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: Bilge]
    #963254 - 10/15/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Right on I really appreciate someone answering man the thing is, there are two others i just placed in there last night and already they have the same type of growth as that one and that one has been in there for about a week and a half now there both TC strain which i heard was slow growing and the RH is always around 95-98% i have perlite and am spraying the sides I air it out 3 times a day and give it sunlight im just confused on why it is not pinning :/

--------------------
The famous Grateful Dead House - home to many a "hit" - is located at 710 Ashbury Street in San Francisco-the house is stll located at 710 ashbury street, where the band often goes after a tour. I've personally taken a hit of jerry's own stash.

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

#963295 - 10/15/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe I fucked them up to any extent i geuss i will just pitch them and start all fucking over :/ :mad: :frown: :crazy: :confused: 

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#963300 - 10/15/02 02:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

could be the inside of some of the cakes wasn't fully colonized so the mycellium is spending time eating instead of fruiting. my friend's cakes did the fuzzy stuff like 24 to 48 hours after birth then seemed to sit there doing nothing then one day pins were visible. make sure your temps aren't too high. and please send some jerry candy :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

#963308 - 10/15/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Actually they dont have there stash anymore, they still have the same house. It was just awesome that the first hit of acid I ever took was from jerry garcias personal stash. The home still exists though people and the band still goes there from time to time although it just aint the same without jerry :/

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#963309 - 10/15/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no! patience is key. if they aren't getting covered in contams and they aren't drying out then be patient or you might do the same thing again with the same results. give em at least 2 weeks to pin, i'd say. if your temps are below 70, maybe longer. patience! if the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

--------------------

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #963325 - 10/15/02 02:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't throw the cakes away.............be p a t i e n t. That is without a doubt the most difficult part of shroom cultivation. The fuzzy growth could mean that the humidity is too high. You may want to try lowering it, however you can. Sometimes it is helpful to have a log of your grow so it is easier to compare adaptations to previous conditions. Sooner or later you will get it right, and then it will have been completely worth it. I love trippin on homegrown, fresh shrooms!!!!!!

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: aeonblue]
    #963394 - 10/15/02 03:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How in the hell does this thread have a five shroom rating? The cake looks good, just relax and keep up the conditions. Good Luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: Skikid16]
    #963605 - 10/15/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

see Im just confused as to whether my cake is supposed to look like that with the puffy mycelium is it contam when it looks like an afro or is it just them turning into hyphal knots because i noticed on the other side of the cake there are several round bumps of the white fuzzy mycelium :confused:

--------------------

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

#964008 - 10/15/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no one wants to help me? :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #964320 - 10/15/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you do dump it make an outdoor patch. Otherwise, I would lower humidity and keep the same lighting cycle.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineNoVestal
The Patient

Loc: Damning my soul with a ti...
Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: SixCee]
    #964374 - 10/15/02 09:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am at the EXACT same place as you are Psilly and my advice is listen to laterallis, The Patient and sit back. Your humidity may be high, your temp may be high, they both may be, but just chill and say to yourself, "gonna wait it out, gonna wait it out"

NoV

--------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/lightside9/

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: NoVestal]
    #964659 - 10/15/02 11:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

how would i go about lowering humidity?

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Psillycybin]
    #964736 - 10/15/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflinePsillycybin
FUCK YOU PIGS

Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: matts]
    #964760 - 10/15/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

someone told me it was contam someone told me its normal someone told me to raise temp to about 70 degrees

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #964785 - 10/15/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The cakes look good, IMO, true, the "fuzzy" growth can be and is usually a sign of too much humiditiy, but as far as that is concerned, it is better to be too high than too low when working with cakes. So what you should have is rh of 95-100% (which you do by the looks of your cake.), at least three air exchanges a day (should be more, but whatever.), light, and temps in the mid 70's. Do these and if yo' shit don't turn out, then you can ask what went wrong. You're doing good, so just sit back and relax.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #964893 - 10/16/02 12:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have grown a whole shitload of cakes and the fuzz is no problem they have done just as well as the cakes without it. Sometimes it can take up to 2 weeks for pinning to start so don't worry. Sounds like you have done everything right. Also for some reason the cakes that are dunked before birth seem to get the white fuzz less than the others, don't know why.
Strains I've grown in cake form, EQs, GCs, F+, SAs, PBs, ACs,

We can see California coming, and we're scared--- James Brady

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#965114 - 10/16/02 02:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This is B+? 

Well, I can assure you that nothing there looks out of normal!! Just smoke a joint and wait for a while, bro.  I birthed cakes that took weeks for pinning... That white afro will turn into mushroom goodness in a while, you just wait and see :smile: 

Looks like perfectly normal mycellium there to me.  Unless it turns green and walks off don't throw that sucker out!!!  :cool:

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Re: White FUZZY mycelium [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #965475 - 10/16/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yes, this is what i was saying. my friend has some B+ cakes going now and they looked just like that a couple weeks ago.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck