Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: what do shrooms do to your head [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #963108 - 10/15/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing is truly safe.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: what do shrooms do to your head [Re: trendal]
    #963131 - 10/15/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The government backed scientists produced pictures of brains with low serotonin and said this was because they'd taken E. Low serotonin was evidence of "brain damage" and the reason why people were "depressed".

It now turns out that there are people who have taken E over 1000 times who show more serotonin in brain pictures than people who've never taken it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTVEye
Rocker
Re: what do shrooms do to your head [Re: Xlea321]
    #963390 - 10/15/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, it's actually pretty thoroughly established that MDMA works by releasing and inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin and dopamine. That's not just the result of a government-backed study; that's just what scientific examinations have shown. In fact, Dancesafe has a nice little slide show that demonstrates exactly what MDMA does to the brain. And the hangover is due to a) reduced serotonin and dopamine levels and b) the fact that MDMA is pretty hard on your body. It's not an increased tolerance to serotonin - I don't think you can actually increase or decrease your tolerance to that neurotransmitter. It's the fact that you have significantly less serotonin in your system than you did before taking the drug - hence the whole postloading thing, so you can reestablish the balance MDMA upset as quickly as possible.

In any case, yeah, psilocin doesn't act in a way remotely similar to MDMA in the brain. They're not related chemically, and they don't do the same things.

--------------------
If you're cold, you're dead; if you're cool, you're halfway there - Chuck Dukowski

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: what do shrooms do to your head [Re: TrauM]
    #963876 - 10/15/02 06:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I indulged in mushrooms a lot early this year. Every weekend... After a perticularly bad trip i had some issues with irational anxieties and some other wierd stuff. Ive worked these problems out myself and they no longer bother me. I was really worried about my mental health for a while tho.

Whether shrooms caused it, brought it out early, or was not connected at all im not sure, im pretty sure shrooming evrey weekend didnt help.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: what do shrooms do to your head(don't worry) [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #966490 - 10/16/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

If I were you I would be more worried about things that humans have not been exposed to for thousands of years.

Ya, actuially after everything I've read about mushrooms, I'm more concerned with driving my car and sniffing all those (toxic?) fumes that our vehicles put out. Like you said LOPHO.MP chemicals being used as preserviatives in our food. Even deoderant I'm more concerned about then mushrooms. They believe that arisol deoderant may be one cause of alztimers. The aluminum in it screwes up the brain.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: what do shrooms do to your head(don't worry) [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #966512 - 10/16/02 04:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

If I were you I would be more worried about things that humans have not been exposed to for thousands of years.

Humans have been exposed to tobacco and alcohol for thousands of years...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag