Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetinkerbell
Stranger
Female

Loc: us
blue color in my casing
    #9629068 - 01/18/09 01:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i cased my jars 4 days ago. two trays are doing fine. one tray has the white growth coming through the casing but in the middle it has a bluish tint to it. its about 2 inches across. i am wondering if i could have damaged it during misting. i did adjust the spray nozzle and it could have been to strong. i know that i did adjust the nozzle, but dont know if this could possibly be the reason i have a bluish tint in one pan. i have read that when the mushroom is ready for harvest be careful to not bruise them because they will turn blue. any way, could a hard shot of water cause this blue tint or do you think it is contaminated. i will throw it away, i am just curious about what happened in the space of 8hrs. thanks

--------------------
i followed the rabbit down the hole and i kinda of like it.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: blue color in my casing [Re: tinkerbell]
    #9629094 - 01/18/09 01:07 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A hard blast of water could definitely bruise the mycellium.  Bruising won't hurt your grow much at all.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation