Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
blue honey
    #962690 - 10/15/02 12:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm thinking of making blue honey with my shrooms this year. Has anyone here had any success with it? I've read up a lot about it on the net, but there's still a couple of points I'd like cleared up.

1) Can you use any sort of honey? One site said "raw honey", but does that just mean normal honey in a jar?
2) Do you have to strain out the bits of shroom after the honey has changed colour, or can you leave them in?

Cheers

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: blue honey [Re: mr_kite]
    #963367 - 10/15/02 04:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wrong forum mang, not a hunting question. I'm gonna move this one to general questions, you'll get some replies there.

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #963638 - 10/15/02 06:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, I dont' know about anyone else, but my honey never actually changes color. I think its called blue honey just because of the psilocybe mushrooms tendency to bruise blue. Anyway...

What I did was take about 5g of any variety I had, chopped them up, doesn't have to be too fine, and put them in a clean babyfood jar (nice size and you can get a spoon in there for dosing.) I then just took plain honey from a squeeze bear and poured it over the top, let it sit for a few hours and add more honey til they are covered and let it sit for a month. I flip mine every few days just cuz and in about a month, you have a wonderful spread to put on english muffins or toast or even just eat a spoonful.
I didn't strain it, though I have thought about doing it, just to see what happens and if the honey absorbs enough of the fun stuff.

Good luck, hope this helps

pc

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #964660 - 10/16/02 01:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Try using honey like Manuka honey, and not the stuff that's in squeezable plastic bears. Manuaka honey and the like tends to be a little thicker. Try grinding dry shrooms into the honey, and then mix it all together.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: blue honey [Re: Sheepish]
    #968307 - 10/17/02 08:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys. I do know that the honey goes blue due to bruised pigments of the mushrooms; so if your mushrooms are bruised blue when you put them in, the honey will turn a bit blue; if there is no bruising, they won't.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains