Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: 04281969]
    #9487314 - 12/24/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

these threads make me LOL.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9487356 - 12/24/08 03:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

awesomebastard said:
these threads make me LOL.

Ya me too.
For a variety of reasons.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9487378 - 12/24/08 03:32 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

04281969 said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:
The origin of the chemical represents a psychological component of the brain's reaction to it.

For example, eating mushrooms I bought from a stranger gives me creepy, alien-invasion type vibes, whereas eating the fresh mushrooms my brother grew and gave me gives me a warm, familial feeling as I trip. (Incidentally, I really hope the spores I've been trying to grow pull through.)

LSD trips feel clean and precise to me, because I know it was made in a lab.

Meth makes me feel like shit because it's meth. It wouldn't matter if I got stuff made in a meth lab or in an acacia tree, that's just something meth does.

Et cetera.

It's all about your preference and what you take into the trip with you.

The topic that started this thread is very silly. "Organically" derived chemicals have no inherent advantages over synthesized ones other than the advantages we assign them personally when we use them.

...but you are not going to make the leap and say that you could tell the difference if given to you in a blind experiment, are you?  Because, that bit of *magic* would need some real proof.

Wow, what a load of shit.  I could tell the difference within 30 min.
No two fuckin ways about it.  And thats not because of how long the drugs take to grab you.

Nonsense................
Thats a pretty dumb ass point of view.

I could tell very fucking easily.  Sorry some people cant.:confused:

LSD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO different, and mushrooms are great too.

My god.
If there is anyone who cant tell the difference I remain amazed.

I just dont know what it takes to have that point of view.

So different...........

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: yageman]
    #9487397 - 12/24/08 03:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I meant the difference between homegrown shrooms and those from someone unknown.  Or LSD from a lab or bathtub.
LIKE substances.

Try following the train of thought.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9487422 - 12/24/08 03:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

04281969 said:
I meant the difference between homegrown shrooms and those from someone unknown.  Or LSD from a lab or bathtub.
LIKE substances.

Try following the train of thought.

If I was in double-blind experiment trying to differentiate between homegrown shrooms and stranger-bought shrooms, I would inevitably have the same reaction: I would feel like a fucking lab-rat.

That's my point. I know I bought the shrooms from a stranger, so it's an alien invasion; I know I got the homegrown shrooms from my bro, so it's a warm trip. That's what I was trying to explain, that the natural/organic dichotomy is not really about the origin but about your own perception of the drugs you just took, and how that perception affects the ensuing trip.

Knowledge is something beyond your control; the knowledge of strange shrooms from a strange place puts me ill at ease, whereas the knowledge of shrooms grown in my own home makes me feel safe.

As this thread was made in the first place, some people feel safer tripping on things that were grown in plants or fungi, whereas others don't. For me it's more nuanced, as evidenced by the safe feeling I get from eating 100 mics of LSD laid on a piece of paper by a stranger.

Very intuitive thing to understand, I think, unless psychedelics just aren't your thing.

Edited by Tchan909 (12/24/08 04:11 AM)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9487464 - 12/24/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Set and setting can have a major impact on a psychedelic's effects, but I feel a drug is basically a drug.  So long as there is no doubt about its purity, safety, etc. it doesn't matter to me what the grower was thinking about. 

And when tripping, my focus is on the drug and its effects, not its origin.  I really don't dwell on that.  I think it's partailly because I give very little credit for the drug to the grower.  He can provide good growing conditions, but the best he can do is not inhibit nature from producing a healthy living organism.  For me, it's all about the compounds created.  But, good luck charms don't do shit for me either. 

BTW yageman, I don't think we have any solid data on a correlation between intelligence and the ability to name an ingested psychedelic.  Your misguided insult sounds like its coming from a rather "dumb ass point of view" to me.

Free sVs!
Female

#9487477 - 12/24/08 04:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: Oops.

If you aren't bothered by the feeling of eating a baggie of shrooms bought from a stranger, more power to you. You're lucky that it doesn't bother you. I mean that. I know the weird, anxious feeling I get from doing that is really my own fault, a complication derived from my own psyche's reaction to the situation.

I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously.

I agree with you, man. I was trying to say that. You seem to want to disagree. Too bad.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9487518 - 12/24/08 04:39 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

No, I haven't had to buy shrooms for a very, very long time.  So, it's not a consideration for me. 

But what I wrote was, "so long as there is no doubt about its purity, safety, etc."  Maybe from a cafe in Amsterdam it would be okay?  Or shrooms from a trusted friend who had already tried them.

I'm not disagreeing with you.  It just isn't part of my consideration of set and setting.  Maybe it would be different if I was getting substances from all different sources, but I'm not.  But, the origin of spores for example doesn't change my trip either.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9487625 - 12/24/08 05:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
The origin of the chemical represents a psychological component of the brain's reaction to it.

That contradicts what I believe.  Whether or not psilocin is synthesized in a lab or produced biochemically from a fungus, your physiological interaction with it on a molecular level should not be any different, UNLESS your beliefs can actually alter aspects of this interaction.  However, I don't believe that your beliefs can alter most of the physiological response to a substance. 

Quote:

LSD trips feel clean and precise to me, because I know it was made in a lab.

So this is an example of your beliefs affecting an experience.  There still must be aspects of the experience that are inherent to the molecule which are entirely independent of your beliefs.  I doubt that your belief system can genuinely affect ligand receptor binding, for example.  Part of the interaction between a drug and your body will depend on your body, because that can vary under different circumstances, but there are also aspects of the interaction which will remain constant no matter what you believe.

You don't know where LSD is made, btw.  It's really funny, ridiculous in fact, that LSD feels precise to you because it was made in a lab.  As though the actions of a chemist are going to come through to the molecule.  As though the synthesis of LSD is any more precise than the complex biochemical work going into a psilocin synthesis in a fungus.  This is a good example because it shows how magical beliefs can affect an experience.

--------------------
Absent.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Plasmid]
    #9487725 - 12/24/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Plasmid said:
This is a good example because it shows how magical beliefs can affect an experience.

Precisely.

Maybe I'm an emotional person? I don't know, but that sort of thing does affect the way my trip plays out a good deal. Perhaps this displays an over-reliance on strange chemists on my part, a sort of unspoken trust that I place in humans who are consciously synthesizing the drug that I want/need - whether or not I know who they are.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (12/24/08 05:54 AM)

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9487748 - 12/24/08 05:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You're probably just normal.  In my experience, a large part of the variability of psychedelic experiences is directly influenced by the different conditions under which I've taken drugs.  Any condition, such as the time of day to something more personal, like the books you're reading, can influence what you're thinking about before tripping and how you think about the experience.  It seems to me that psychedelics simply react with these, I don't know what you'd call them, high-order structures in the brain.

--------------------
Absent.

Free sVs!
Female

#9487764 - 12/24/08 06:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Agreed.

My point is simply that we have little control over these higher brain configurations, and that they come to represent our own unique preferences. The OP is perfectly justified in her preference for what she considers "natural" drugs, up until the point where she tells us they are better for us than synthetics. That's where those of us with different experiences and different preferences must beg to differ, on completely reasonable grounds.

It all comes down to how we each feel about the drugs we're taking, and which ones we personally feel most comfortable with.

I find it hilarious that such a simple issue is blown up into an immortal 16-page flamewar.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#9489035 - 12/24/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Plasmid LSD has effects far different from those of shrooms.

The body high is much less intense, the visuals are different and more organized as are my thoughts.
Everything about the LSD experience is different from shrooms.

IDK what your talking about.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: Aopocetx]
    #9619365 - 01/16/09 05:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aopocetx said:
Quote:

pantsboy said:
yeah cause my amphetamine plant is producing some nice buds this time of year.  i think it will be ready to harvest soon.

You're growing Acacia berlandieri?

yes

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
    #9619384 - 01/16/09 05:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I find it hilarious that such a simple issue is blown up into an immortal 16-page flamewar.

it's 13 pages dumbass! change your fucking page-view settings or get the fuck out!

j/k :smirk:

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Offlinemyshroomyhead
First Mushy gets the Head
Male

Loc: German Territory
Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: pantsboy]
    #9620750 - 01/16/09 11:37 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Organic is probably safer. I'm not 100% sure about it concerning chemicals. Maybe some scientist would rather recommend LSD than mushrooms.
I feel that i will probably stay with the mushrooms and the other natural entheogens, because my feeling about this is right.

I just can't imagine a trip from the laboratory as spiritual like one from nature.

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

Re: Organics Vs. Synthetics??? [Re: myshroomyhead]
    #9623312 - 01/16/09 08:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Whether or not a trip is spiritual is up to you.  If someone gave you actual synthetic mescaline or psilocin there would be no way to tell.  It is in your mind.
I always preferred LSD because it seemed safer to purchase.  I had read that people had sold poisonous shrooms but that with LSD a worst case scenario was that you would buy blank paper.  I think LSD and psilocin are equally safe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale