Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshaggyeg6si
Stranger

First contam...
    #9621989 - 01/16/09 06:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So I have been tracking things in a day by day way in my journal, and I found contamination for the first time today. Upon lookin the contamination sticky, it appears to be trichderma. I only have four jars in my incubator and one of two of my Brazil jars has been overcome by green mold. I placed it at one corner, while keeping the other three in the opposite corner. I know the when in doubt, throw it out rule, and whatever fruits from that jar, I wouldnt eat anyway. I want to keep it incubating to see what will arise from this mold and how it will affect other mushrooms and my mycelial network. My question is, is there any risk of the contams jumping ship and hitting my 3 other jars?

Edit: upon looking elsewhere in the sticky, it appears also like penicillium. Either way, both feed on carbohydrates.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area
Re: First contam... [Re: shaggyeg6si]
    #9622123 - 01/16/09 06:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if you've ever had mold in your house, or know what breathing it in can do to you, but it is ugly. Depending on the mold, you could get seriously ill, or infect your whole house, even make future growing difficult.

In rare cases, a mold *might* have compromised any dry verm layer or other protection you might have, you just never know. Personally, I would either toss it or bury it in my backyard and maybe if I'm lucky, one day some shrooms would pop up.

--------------------

Visit Research Chemical Review for information about the most recent and rarest research chemicals including opioids! Get deals for your favorite vendors exclusive to Research Chemical Review readers!

researchchemicalreview.com

Offlineshaggyeg6si
Stranger

Re: First contam... [Re: Shrink]
    #9622236 - 01/16/09 06:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's not verm. I have gone ways of the grain. Quart jars, 3/4 with rye berries. Like I said, I want to monitor it, not grow from it. I'm just worried of the contaminants getting my other jars which seem to be still doing well.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area
Re: First contam... [Re: shaggyeg6si]
    #9622443 - 01/16/09 07:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why on earth would you want to propagate it lol? I mean it might be a little cool for a while, but it might get to the point where its plain dangerous. If I accidently dropped it or something, I would shit bricks. Just imagine millions, billions of mold spores floating around.

But to answer your question, they should not contaminate your other jars, unless there is a filter breach (providing you have a filter, which I hope you do). But as soon as you get bored with it, I would throw it the heck away. Hell, I would throw it away now.

--------------------

Visit Research Chemical Review for information about the most recent and rarest research chemicals including opioids! Get deals for your favorite vendors exclusive to Research Chemical Review readers!

researchchemicalreview.com

Offlineshaggyeg6si
Stranger

Re: First contam... [Re: Shrink]
    #9622483 - 01/16/09 07:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

To learn.  I am into this to not only create one of the most awesome things in the planet, but also to learn. Observation may help me figure out what was contaminated, print, syringe, grain, or jar. We learn from our mistakes, afterall.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation