Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Christians [Re: Syle]
    #9618906 - 01/16/09 01:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You don't think Christians miss church every now and then?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Christians [Re: DR. PRIME]
    #9618910 - 01/16/09 01:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:
Well that's not my opinion. He either did or he didn't, no? And if he did what else would he pull something like that for? So he attends church every Sunday all year up until election day. Then the first Sunday after he's elected he just suddenly changes his mind. "Meh, sorry hunny, I'm gonna go shoot some hoops instead." I'm sure he just wanted to celebrate. :rolleyes:

Not like I give a shit if he goes to church or not. But it just sounds shady.

yeah, but you come to an opinion based on nothing but your assumption whereas there are irrefutable facts in front of you that make a point that he IS as Christian, and practices.

your fear and judgment of other christians creates a desire in you to see your buddy Obama as above the whole "religion thing".

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
Re: Christians [Re: Silversoul]
    #9618951 - 01/16/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Ron Paul is actually much closer to a Sarah Palin type of Christian.

Damn, I thought he was smarter than that.

--------------------

OfflineLouiscypher
The Ancient One
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Great PNW
    #9618957 - 01/16/09 01:24 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I had a sign made for my house so they wouldn't bang on my door and wake me up inviting me to their church. WTF? They do it all the time where I live and waking someone up who works an off shift is just a shitty thing to do. I'm really grouchy when I haven't had enough sleep.

--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Edited by Louiscypher (01/16/09 01:29 AM)

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #9618958 - 01/16/09 01:24 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:
I hear Obama faked it for publicity.

You heard wrong.  Obama's been going to church since the 80's, long before he contemplated running for office.

but but but...my friend told me that he isn't a realy christian!

If that's how you read the things I write then sorry for you. There's actually pretty good evidence supporting his truancy BTW. There was even an article about it that was shown to me. So plz fuck off. I don't care if it's your thread cuz you're just mocking me... I'm backing you anyways.

And I'll take Silversoul's word for it. He has proven to be reliable and unbiased, unlike a lot of people around here. I am unaware of Obama's full religious history anyways. But that small detail did catch my interest.

Quote:

your fear and judgment of other christians creates a desire in you to see your buddy Obama as above the whole "religion thing".

How have I shown that I fear judgment? Who are 'they' to judge me that I should be afraid? We are all in the same place. I never said Obama isn't Christian, I was just bringing that strange fact to light for conversational purposes, not to be mocked out of misunderstanding.

--------------------

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: Louiscypher]
    #9618961 - 01/16/09 01:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Bible thumpers lol

--------------------

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #9618975 - 01/16/09 01:30 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The only thing I truly fear is the uncertainty of where this country, the world in general, is going to end up in my lifetime.

I'd rather spew out some things and defend myself sometimes for the sake of learning so I can do my best to maneuver through it all. I'm not pretending to know everything, I just call it as I see it. Let someone who would know tell me otherwise and I'll listen. But mockery just accomplishes nothing. So save it for someone who is actually attacking you.

--------------------

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Christians [Re: Learyfan]
    #9619054 - 01/16/09 01:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
People here tend to think outside the box.  Religion is an attempt to keep your mind inside a box so that you'll do what you're told.  That's why people here are resistant to it. 

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Christians [Re: sam420]
    #9619110 - 01/16/09 02:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If Christians are entitled to look at me as a hell-bound damned soul, I'm entitled to look at them as idiots.

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9619142 - 01/16/09 02:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:
If Christians are entitled to look at me as a hell-bound damned soul, I'm entitled to look at them as idiots.

Any "Christian" who looks at you that way doesn't understand the teaching of their supposed sacred teacher. Not to mention the fact that we are all brothers and sisters of one father, and he loves us all equally, no matter how "good" or "bad" we may be.

In fact, the teaching and example of Christ points to real judgement only for those who use religion to hurt others or to make themselves look "holy" & "better" to the general populace. But why follow HIS teachings? Just because he's the "Christ" in "Christ-ianity", what does THAT matter?

It's frightening the lack of knowledge and understanding the "Christian" church has of the teachings of their leader.

Wars and hatred and all of that do not, and have not EVER stemmed from REAL Christianity. It cannot. It would be like getting oil out of a water well.

This is the path that teaches you to give a robber your watch if he takes your wallet, the way that says help all that need it, and forgive ALL for their mistakes, no matter the cost to you. The teachings are to humble oneself and to find God inside of every other man before you try to elevate yourself above another.

Sound like any church you've been to?

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Christians [Re: whattheheck]
    #9619176 - 01/16/09 02:47 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

recently a christian woman on an online community wrote to me she has been praying for me, i told her to fuck off, problem solved

--------------------

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Re: Christians [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9619254 - 01/16/09 03:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Uggh. When you guys are talking about Christians, you mean fundamentalist types. Most Christians don't go to church that often, most haven't read the bible, and most are decent people.

Also I actually liked Sarah Palin. And Ron Paul is religious. I've known very many religious people in my life and very few were obnoxious about it.

Yeah, the bible thumping, holier than thou, fag hating, abortion clinic bombers are a bunch of fucktards. They don't, however, represent mainstream Christianity. Most Christians do not take the Bible literally, and most do believe in evolution. They just happen to believe in a creator and that Jesus is a savior and forgives them of their sins.

It may be different in the Bible Belt, but that's been my experience.

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Christians [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9619281 - 01/16/09 04:09 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
recently a christian woman on an online community wrote to me she has been praying for me

Seriously. Praying? That's just Santa Claus shit. Please, imaginary man, save this soul. Puh-lease.

I have no faith.. just doesn't make sense to me.

Offlineslickvic
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: Brugman]
    #9619531 - 01/16/09 06:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I like your jesus christ, i dont like your christians, they are not like jesus.  Gandhi

--------------------
i tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for Wasting the dawn...

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
    #9619570 - 01/16/09 07:17 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you want a chuckle?

check out this fucking idiot hindu catholic priest

its fucking hilarious the fucking hide of these 'lovely' people :lmao:

watch 1 and 2 the guy asking the questions knows more about catholicsm than this charlatan

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9619811 - 01/16/09 08:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sam420 said:

Well sure, everyone is 'entitled' to be judgmental and dismissive of other people if they want.  The question is, does it make sense?  I've done it too, but in my saner moments I realize anger towards religious people is more of an egotistical, emotional reaction than a logical one. 

So often I see Shroomerites rationalizing hatred and disrespect by arguing 'well they did it first.'  So what if they did?  Isn't intolerance and prejudice the very thing that is so objectionable? 

It seems the problem is being incorrectly identified as the people themselves, when really they are just afflicted by the real problem: The same fear-and-blame-based thinking that is suffered by the people that hate them.

When you can get past that initial emotional reaction and really look at the person without preconceptions, you can see that they are just another person.  They have fears, loves, wants, preconceptions, tempers and emotions too, they were just brought up differently, that's all. 

It is amazing how quickly you can disarm another person's anger when you choose to respect them as a person, regardless of what you think of their beliefs or attitude.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: filthee]
    #9619869 - 01/16/09 08:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it looks like the hindu priest is about to cry

--------------------

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Re: Christians [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9619891 - 01/16/09 08:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lol his iliterate hinduism held back noahs flood

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Uh-oh!
 User Gallery

Re: Christians [Re: filthee]
    #9619988 - 01/16/09 09:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Whenever Im told Jeebus died for my sins, I look them dead in the eyes and say...
Ill die for my own god damned sins thank you very much!

--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Re: Christians [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #9620036 - 01/16/09 09:24 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ive prayed to st jude thaddeus the patron saint of hoplessness and desperate cases and it works

i dont care if people here think its crap

i was saved a couple of times from doing these prayers and im no saint trust me

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder