Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Milk Thistle Extract, Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes?
    #9615809 - 01/15/09 06:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

heylo

So I went into the doctor to get a physical, and a blood test was kind of sprung on me. After a physical the doc asked me to head over to the lab and get some blood drawn so they could test for any irregularities.

The day before, I'd come down off a trip with some friends, and didn't mention it to him - not because I was trying to hide it, but it totally just didn't cross my mind until now.

Anyway the blood test came back negative for hep b and hep c, but my liver enzymes were extremely elevated. He said ~normal levels for a functioning liver were something of 50-100 units of these enzymes dectected in the blood stream, mine were at 800!

he had me oome in a few days later and they are down to 200, but still 4x a safe level. I'm going in some time next week to follow up on my liver mystery. I got a call from the office of the dr today, the nurse on the line told me to stop drinking and taking tyelenol immediately because of the liver problems, i told her i haven't had either since july of last year and she kinda laughed and said "ok, well stop taking them anyway"

I'm just curious if anybody knows if cubes can cause your liver enzyme levels to be elevated for several days, next time i go in - im going to mention it to him anyway - its just stressing me out right now that nobody knows why my liver is freaking out.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9616550 - 01/15/09 08:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hmm... that's pretty strange.  i don't think mushrooms would do that but that's just an assumption and i don't have any facts to base that on.

do you drink heavily or anything like that?

i hope you figure out the source of the problem and everything works out ok for you. :peace:

in the mean time though you could try taking milk thistle or drinking kombucha... it might help.  but do some research about it first.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Offlineverructor
Stranger
Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: two_rivers]
    #9616695 - 01/15/09 08:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the reply, I've been instructed not to take ANYTHING herbal, no vitamins, no other meds... so i'm just gunna wait this out I think.

No, I don't drink heavily, in fact I haven't had a drink since July 2008, ~6months ago. :frown:

EDIT: ops, well I guess I'm not posting anonomously anymore :p

Edited by verructor (01/15/09 08:46 PM)

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: verructor]
    #9618029 - 01/16/09 12:15 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if you can't take supplements, then maybe try changing your diet and finding some foods that promote healthy liver function.

i'm curious to hear what the cause of this could be.

maybe it was just some freak thing... who knows.  but hope it works out ok.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9620602 - 01/16/09 01:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That is quite odd. I'm sure psilocybin mushrooms do not cause elevated liver enzymes (or at least I've never seen a study to suggest they do). Are you absolutely sure that all the mushrooms you ate were cubes then?

Invisiblethehappymushroom
grappldox

Loc: Costa rica.
Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #9625502 - 01/17/09 11:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
That is quite odd. I'm sure psilocybin mushrooms do not cause elevated liver enzymes (or at least I've never seen a study to suggest they do). Are you absolutely sure that all the mushrooms you ate were cubes then?

properly identifying mushrooms is important. i got a friend that died from buying mushrooms from a random guy.he gave him a yellow amanita forget the proper name but its the "death angel cap" . he didnt kno the first thing about mushrooms and ate them and died several days later. never found out who gave it to him either. its sad. thats why im growing all my mushrooms. be carfull man,happy trippin.

--------------------
Disclaimer: I do not buy, sell, cultivate, manufacture, or use any illegal substance. Any postings I make on this forum are purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures that I may post have been created by artificial means from images gathered from the internet and other sources. Any statements made should not be considered truthful.

Offlineverructor
Stranger
Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: thehappymushroom]
    #9626201 - 01/17/09 02:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all your input.

Yes, I'm sure they were cubes, I'll have to check with my friend as to what 'flavor' they were, but I'll keep you guys posted as to blood results later this week if you are interested.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Will cubes cause short term elevated liver enzymes? [Re: verructor]
    #9629883 - 01/18/09 04:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well first off, anything you put in your body is going to cause your liver enzymes to fluctuate. I don't know why people are so sure psilocybin mushrooms wouldn't change your enzymes...its a drug that has entered your body and must be metabolized by your liver. Same goes for anything else you put in your body, even vitamins and supplements. They all have to go through your liver. However, having a level of 800 is rather high and alarming. You should definitely find out whether the mushrooms you ate were all cubes. Even if you did trip off them, if the guy hunted for them there's a chance that one of those shrooms was not a cube. It sounds rather strange that your enzymes would skyrocket that high after only eating cubes. What enzymes were elevated? Was it the ALT and AST enzymes? Also did any other abnormalities come up, such as your electrolytes? Usually with amanitin poisoning you will have a huge elevated AST or ALT along with electrolyte imbalances or deficiencies....trust me, I know this first hand. Also, have you had any sort of strange symptoms recently, such as a dry mouth, vomiting, or diarrhea?

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Milk Thistle Extract, Toilet Paper

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being