Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Calea Zacatechichi, Melatonin, Paintball, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Lucid dreaming
    #9614775 - 01/15/09 03:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have only lucid dreamed twice in my life and have been trying to to for some time now to achieve it again.

I have taken Melatonin and Valerian root quite a few times and they helped me fall asleep much faster but dream-wise they didn't do too much, other then increasing my dreaming a little if at all.

So I'm looking for some tips or advise to help me reach lucidity or at least to dream more.

I've done much research and am looking for some personal experience.

Thank you very much.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: freeDOOM]
    #9615051 - 01/15/09 04:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Mexican Dream Herb has been suggested time and time again. For me, it's a kind of amplifier of the dream state. Even hypnogogic hallucinations are more vivid. Silene capensis in another one, but the dreams can be nightmarish (we're talking very frightening clowns and spirits), though it's been said it's prophetic.

Also try to get a lot of serotonin in your brain before you go to bed. Eat lots of turkey. This seems to help me.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Edited by burgatory (01/15/09 04:43 PM)

OfflinefreeDOOM
Stranger then you
Male

Loc: New York, USA
Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: burgatory]
    #9615124 - 01/15/09 04:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I've heard of dream herb before. I think I'll buy some off of BBB sometime and give it a try.

Nightmares aren't very fun so I think I'll stay away from the Silene Capensis.

Thanks for your input.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: freeDOOM]
    #9617896 - 01/15/09 11:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If your relying on external aids your going down the wrong route IMO. Have you tried keeping a dream journal and picking out dream signs?

InvisibleLobsterSauce
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9617940 - 01/16/09 12:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Defo give dream herb a go. Smoked a few blunts of it before just before I went to bed and had extremely vivid dreams and remembered them the next day. Wasn't lucid but didn't even know there was such a thing as lucid dreaming back then.

--------------------

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #9618143 - 01/16/09 12:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Dream herbs have never been a great help IME. Like cosmonautt said, I've found that recording my dreams in a journal is the only sure fire way to consistently attain lucidity.

Instead of spending your money on dream herbs, buy a cheap digital recorder ($20). This helped motivate me to be consistent in my journal entries, knowing I don't have to wake up and immediately begin writing. When I do wake up, I make sure to not think about anything (this is key to remembering your dreams!). I just relax in the meditative state I have awoken into and my dreams begin to flood into my mind. After a minute when I can reasonably recall most of the details of my dreams, I press record and talk myself through them. The more I talk, the more I remember by association. I find the recorder beneficial here in that I can talk in a 'stream of consciousness' way without worrying about writing. The first time you make an entry to your journal, you may not remember too much from your dreams, but the more you do it the more you will remember. After I'm done, I make sure to listen to the recording a few time throughout the day, most importantly before going to bed.

Of course there are all kinds of other techniques to ensure going lucid, but for me this is a staple. The number of lucid dreams I have invariably correlate to my perseverance in journaling. Good luck :thumbup:

Oh yeah, LD4All is a great resource to peruse.

--------------------
If you spare a little of your imagination . . .

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: myriadeyes]
    #9618172 - 01/16/09 12:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

WILD is also a good technique that requires only willpower instead of writing or herbs.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: deCypher]
    #9618207 - 01/16/09 01:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It seems some people can do them and some people just can't.. I'm usually able to do them when I take naps, or when I have multiple wake ups in the morning. Half the time my wild's turn in to extremely strange astral projections where I gyrate around an axis until my body and sense of direction melt away, and I just exist as consciousness. During half of these I become in full control of an orchestra or band in my mind, which illicit mass amounts of euphoria the likes of which I've never felt on any drug. I'm so glad I discovered lucid dreaming.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #9618344 - 01/16/09 01:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
WILD is also a good technique that requires only willpower instead of writing or herbs.

Willpower and intent, especially in the form of suggestions before you go to sleep, help enormously in my experience. I can wake myself up without an alarm clock this way as well.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9618375 - 01/16/09 01:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I like the skill!  I usually end up waking a few minutes before my alarm goes off... rather annoying to realize that I had a few more minutes available of sleep that I wasted.  :lol:

--------------------

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

#9618433 - 01/16/09 01:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

How do you induce a wild by suggestions? I'm intrigued.

--------------------

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
    #9618564 - 01/16/09 01:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I like the skill!  I usually end up waking a few minutes before my alarm goes off... rather annoying to realize that I had a few more minutes available of sleep that I wasted.  :lol:

I do that too! Everyday!

This thread is really interesting. I think I will start writing my dreams down more. I don't know what dream signs are though.

--------------------

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9618686 - 01/16/09 02:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Everybody is different, so everybody has different dreams. However, there are some common dream signs.

Malfunctioning devices
Your telephone won’t work, you have trouble turning on your computer, the TV is broken, etc.

Your teeth falling out
A very common dreamsign. A variation on this theme is loose teeth.

Bathroom trouble
Bathrooms in dreams are unfindable, extremely dirty, or have a tremendous lack of privacy.

Different houses
In dreams your house never looks the way like it does in real life. Or you find yourself in houses or rooms where you used to live.

Not being able to run fast
You have to get away fast, but you can only run in slowmotion. Or your feet are stuck to the ground.

Perpetual falling
If you notice this one, try to change from falling into flying.

Being naked
Suddenly you realize you are naked, or essential parts of your body are uncovered and everybody is looking at you. You spend the rest of the dream searching for clothes.

The idea is that if you recognize something regularly occurs in your dreams, the next time you encounter it you may realize you are dreaming and become lucid.

--------------------

Edited by myriadeyes (01/16/09 02:37 AM)

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#9619497 - 01/16/09 08:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah like said before WILDing works good for me. Especially in the combination of caffeine+weed.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9619801 - 01/16/09 10:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

myriadeyes said:
How do you induce a wild by suggestions? I'm intrigued.

Before you go to sleep focus very hard on your intent.  You might try repeating the mantra "I will stay awake while my body falls asleep", or just focus on maintaining awareness.

The key is to let your body fall into a state of deep relaxation and motionlessly wait until the vibrations start.  After that it's a matter of being passive and not getting excited, and the rest should be cake.

--------------------

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

#9620295 - 01/16/09 12:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok well yeah I'm experienced in wake induced lucid dreaming if that's all that means, I just don't usually talk to myself..

The waking up without an alarm clock thing fascinates me too. I've had the 'wake up a few minutes before the alarm' thing happen a lot, but it's far from a consistent occurrence. In my experience I suppose it's only coincidence or an established body clock, because I'm certainly not doing it on purpose. Is it really possible to cognitively wake up at precisely the time you mean to?

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #9620399 - 01/16/09 12:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thirdtragedy said:

I do that too! Everyday!

This thread is really interesting. I think I will start writing my dreams down more. I don't know what dream signs are though.

Here are a few of my dream signs so you get the idea. They are all subjective, for mine will mean nothing to you. I recommend "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge for more on using dream signs to induce lucid dreams.

Form:
  Ego form:
I am a mother.
I am an old man.
  Setting form:
***The Frat house is different then in reality.
****Island Rec is different then reality.
  Object form:
The snake changed colors.
Four pack of water melons.
Huge box set of book/dvd combo.
**Paintball gun with Iran on it/Paintball gun with Halo B

Inner Awareness:
  Emotions:
**Angry at Scotty for a big brotherly reason.
  Perceptions:
Walking to the second story felt like entering a field of disorientation.
Walked into a haunted room and got bounced out.

Context:
  Ego roll:
**A gun toting mobster/gangster.
  Setting place:
In a hotel resort complex type place.
In a run down or bladerunner-esk city.
**In a supermarket or mall department store.

Character place:
**In a strange social engagement with acquaintances.
Smoking in the hot tub.

OfflineShamberlain
Stranger
Male

#9620591 - 01/16/09 01:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've gotten really good at lucid dreaming, or even if on the occassion I can't manage a lucid dream I still have numerous dreams which I can remember.

I find it's harder to lucid dream while I smoke weed, and they are sooo much more vivid if I give pot a break.

I simply just go to sleep with the intent to dream, yet I keep my mind awake somehow. It took me a LOOONG time to get it down just right. But it's kind of like meditation. I can actually feel my body enter a very relaxed state and I'll start to dream while being aware.

I had unfortunate side effect though....as often as I dream I get sleep paralysis. Initially I didn't know what it was and it was scary as fuck. Now I almost enjoy it, even though it is the absolute weirdest thing to experience.

Edited by Shamberlain (01/16/09 01:07 PM)

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: Lucid dreaming [Re: Shamberlain]
    #9621031 - 01/16/09 02:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I tried to do this last night / this morning and I got abruptly woken up the first time so I didn't get a chance to remember anything. the second time i did remember some but I smoked so much weed last night it is hazy! I should have wrote it down but I didn't. I think I will start though!

Thanks for the recommendation I am actually going to the book store tomorrow so I will have to check that book out.

Also about the alarm clock thing. If i tell myself a few times before bed to wake up at 10 I will wake up at like 9:58 automatically I have been able to do that since I was a kid. I always set my alarm clock for back up ... especially if drinking the night before! But that has always intrigued me.

--------------------

Offlinelmfsmoke
Stranger

Loc: SoCal, LA
    #9621208 - 01/16/09 03:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i had a lucid dream today but only after the sun got in my eyes, in the dream my vision got blinded by the sun, i couldnt see anything in the dream because of a strong glare,i was back in high school but could barely see all my friends because the glare in my eye was their no matter how hard i rubbed my eyes, so in my dream i said, ok well i guess i have to wake up this is uncomfortable and less than 10 seconds later i woke up, to the sun directly in my eyes, but i felt how strong i was in the dream, it was a little struggle getting out of the dream and into reality it was pretty interesting

--------------------
Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Calea Zacatechichi, Melatonin, Paintball, Valerian Root

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism