Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Male Discrimination is OK [Re: Sclorch]
    #964888 - 10/16/02 02:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think there are definite differences which distinguish the mental funtioning of men and women, but being as they are tendencies, we can quite easily find men who excel at certain things women tend to be good at and vice versa. When we talk about the cognitive differences of men and women, they are readily apparent on a statistical level but there are wide variances within the individual groups (of men or women).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Male Discrimination is OK [Re: Evolving]
    #964962 - 10/16/02 02:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'll agree with tendencies... I just don't like broad generalizations about broads. :wink: 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Male Discrimination is OK [Re: chodamunky]
    #965367 - 10/16/02 07:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Males are naturally the provider, protector, and food bringer. Females are the nurturing, loving, homemaker.This is not some delusional image I conjured up last night but is actually how it works in nature.

There are more examples that contradicts this afirmation. One of the most radical is with sea horses, is the male that gives to birth the little ones and take care of them.

I would change the word naturally with socially, although i believe this issue has both conotations. What is natural for women is maternal instinct and the fact that she's the one who has to feed the infants, everything else is related with the social structure. There is a good example, there's a tribe in Mongolia where the man stays at home and women go to work, the roles are totally inverted. The women stay at home when they are needed to care the little babies but that task is rapidlly passed to the man.

Regarding the feminist movement i must say they are no better than a machist movement, both want benefits based on their sex, at the end it's all politics were social and natural arguments are mixed to obtain more rights, since most societies are machists, feminist movement became the contestatary side while the machist society the contested side, it's all extremist bullshit. Believe it or not, China was the first country delivering exact same rights to man and women, i believe their society has interiorized this idea, contrary to many western societies, i don't want to go digging about freedom or other rights they don't have, sticking to the subject, China is a pioneer in this field.

Biological factors. Well, i defend man and women are intellectualy different, biological factors do intervene in the intellect. It's scientifically proved that man have a better understanding of what surrounds him (mans brain is a bit bigger than womens, that excess is seen as a ballast to calculate distances, this was defined in primordial times where man had to go hunting and needed an acurate notion of space to hit the animals with weapons or rocks), i mean man can calculate better distances than women, that's why you don't see so many female architects and it's one of the justifications used to say man are better drivers than women(notion of space), of course there are always exceptions. On the other hand women have a great flexibility in comunication, be it talking, writting or body expression.

Since the beginning man and women evolve differently but aiming one single end, the survival of the specie on a specific social context. It's up to us to handle those differencies inteligently, no, we are not the same but we have the same goals, so we must have the same rights, we complement each other so we must be aware of our capabilities in a biological and social context.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (10/16/02 07:32 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Male Discrimination is OK [Re: chodamunky]
    #965514 - 10/16/02 11:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Doesn't the femaie black widow spider kill the male after they have sex so the young could be fed? Doesn't the female praying mantis kill the male after having sex? Didn't the ancient Amazon women use men for their sperm and afterwards killed them as well as any male babies?

So in a sense yer right, the male is the "provider" and "food bringer" but the female doesn't seem too "nurturing and loving" in many cases. Hey this is not some delusional image I conjured up just a moment ago, but is actually how it works in nature

:grin: Depends on your perspective I guess. You could say the black widow is being loving and nurturing to the youngins.. which is what I was reffering to. In most cases the female nurtures the young until they are experienced enough to go out on their own. Of course their are exceptions such as sea turtles, but I think most of it depends on what is best for propagation of the species.

So yeah.. I was focusing on the human level... but if you take a look at the animal kingdom, there is a definite pattern in the natural roles of male and female in most animals. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds