Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: enter [Re: ]
    #965388 - 10/16/02 07:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

LOL. Yes, short outbursts. I have to leave for work shortly, but I'll throw a few things out.  Philosophy has not improved in recent times - it's been a downhill ride after Plotinus. Anything that is profound today, probably harkens back to Plato. I was a kid-scientist growing up in an expanding home lab: gas, running water, glassware, chemicals, first of anyone in town to own a He-Ne Laser and holography lab in 1970. I was much more Aristotelian, in the 'external' empirical scientific method mentality. After a few acid trips, I began to apprehend the Realm of Pure Ideas - Archetypes. I turned into a Platonist without calling myself that of course.

It may well be that Socrates was executed for turning the impressionable youth on to the Eleusinian Kykeon outside of its ritual use. This might explain much of the philosophy that Plato expounded. Of course, they may both have been spontaneously aware of the Light beyond the shadows of mere phenomenon.

Of the ordinary 'six' branches of philosophy, I suppose that I am most taken by Metaphysics. As an INTP by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I am a dyed-in-the-wool space-shot. My astrological chart has a lot of 'air' in it but I'm told that 'fire' in Mercury contributes to a 'burning intellect.' It amazes me that I function on the Earth plane as well as I do. I mention these things because they describe fairly deterministic aspects of myself. That is, I seem to be constitutionally hard-wired to shape simple awareness through these kinds of channels. Fortunately, my Lady is also an INTP, otherwise, life among the Aeons would be far too lonely. You must visit one day - we'll take a trip through the Van Allen radiation belt :smile: 

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: enter [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #965500 - 10/16/02 10:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

We are so alike that it is chilling.  I actually got goosebumps when I read your post and that is a first for me on the Shroomery.

Me?  I'm stuck in Aristotle though I have spent some time ruminating about Plato's cave.  I guess that makes me a cave dweller. :wink:

I am an INTJ.  No shock I'm sure.

Our histories are remarkably parallel.

And yes, a visit is probably in order.  Thank you for the offer.  I am planning a little Continental trip for next year to meet some of the people I have grown to care about.  When that happens you can be sure you are on that list. :wink:

Cheers friend, 

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #965745 - 10/16/02 01:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Philosophy has not improved in recent times - it's been a downhill ride after Plotinus.

Yeah... if I didn't understand Nietzsche, I would be inclined to say such things, too. :wink: 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#967424 - 10/16/02 11:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You can always PM me for phone and address. We're 20 minutes from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale International airports  :smile:  INTJ's tend to be more 'Aristotelian' - math and computer science are often pursued. My Lady's ex-husband is an INTJ - very bright guy - just wrote a book on metaphysics.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: enter [Re: Sclorch]
    #967442 - 10/16/02 11:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, it's not an entirely smooth ride downhill - there are some rises among the falls, and Nietzsche is one of the rises. I say this because there is good evidence to support this philosopher as being a real influence behind the depth psychologies of the late 19th century, and I've been through many years of experience with Jungian analysts - receiving analysis, applying for analytical training, (and being rejected for training - fortunately, as it turned out!), and writing a dissertation on depth psychology that utilized Nietzsche to a certain extent. But the bottom line for my highest entheogenic experiences takes a Platonic vector into the Christian Trinity/Unity.

--------------------

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#967451 - 10/16/02 11:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

e

Edited by shaos (04/10/11 04:35 PM)

Offlinekrispyfi
lumber tyrant
Loc: se usa
    #967456 - 10/16/02 11:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

After a few acid trips, I began to apprehend the Realm of Pure Ideas - Archetypes. I turned into a Platonist without calling myself that of course.

:shocked:

wow, i thought that archetypes were pure bullshit until i had this one shroom trip. i integrated them into my worldview by saying that archetypes don't exist in the real world, but that human brains are hardwired to think in terms of archetypes. copout? maybe...  :crazy: 

--------------------

If i get into some trouble TURBO BOOST will set me free.
Michael Knight you watch the bass with the K I T T.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#967462 - 10/16/02 11:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

INTJ= introvert intuitional thinking judger :shocked:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: enter [Re: krispyfi]
    #967500 - 10/17/02 12:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A Platonist is gonna be an Idealist too. The brain derives from Universal, Archetypal Ideas, not the other way around. Plato, Socrates and Greek mentality in general recognized the notion of 'cosmos,' the All, as an ordering principle in itself. The Logos was the Divine Reason that so organized the geometry and motion of the heavenly bodies. Christian Platonic philosophers attribute something more to Logos than the early Greeks, and detract some of the meaning from the cosmos itself, viewing it as the creation of God, via the Logos. Nevertheless, Reality consists of Spirit over matter.

Mushrooms come out of "bullshit," not the reverse!  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (10/17/02 12:12 AM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #967527 - 10/17/02 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ive read a a decent amount of books on eastern and middle-eastern philosphy, as well as a few on western philosphy. Ive also read various sections of textbooks on the subject.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: enter [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #970160 - 10/17/02 07:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There's something to what you've said. Even the Gospels developed into a kind of 'social gospel,' which caused me to change New Testament teachers when I was in seminary. I ended up going from some 'be-nice-to-one-another' teacher to a Hindu-turned-Christian, whose bookshelves were full of Marxist texts - another social gospel.  Suffice to say, I was dissapointed by the general social understanding. Even John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, was influenced by the mystical Christianity of Greek Orthodox theology (Patristics) yet it never came across in classes.

As to being multifaceted...you're probably way younger than a few of us - me included - and haven't racked up the amount of time some of us have with all these mental masturbations - howsoever intellectually stimulating they may be! :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineCalen
journeyman
    #970393 - 10/17/02 09:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Terms?  Quick learning and experiencing precedes full understanding of the processes for me.  Usually, I am lead to shortcuts to find the answers before I uncover the full process that leads to them.

My philosphic mantra is:  I experience philosophy by practicing.  If I munch on it and the digestion does not assimilate well enough,  I'm flushing it out and down the toilet.  :laugh: Or if I figure I can't even come close to explaining the philosophy and help the anyone understand it, I won't waste my attention span on the subject.

My bases are, starting with the most experienced: graphology, brain entrainment,  kabbalah, divination

All interconnected to find a causal reality.

So Mr. Mod, what's the ah meal plan for today? :smile: 

Anonymous

Re: enter [Re: Calen]
    #971786 - 10/18/02 09:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Toasted Cheese

Anonymous

Re: enter [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #972383 - 10/18/02 03:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why is this a shock?

Cheers,

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#973320 - 10/18/02 10:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the reason that I put that :shocked: has escaped my knowledge as well. 

OfflineCalen
journeyman
    #978090 - 10/20/02 10:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hehe..  I wonder who italicized and bolded 'the' word.

My interests are just an angle on Plato via Aristotle [grapho],  Pythagoras [KB], and Mozart [entrain].  One time or another these gifted people met to exchange ideas and theories.  Except for Mozart.. :smile:  All I'm doing is applying the concurent , re-shaped theories, interchangeably.

A modern Socrates walker, I am, who walks the *dialectic*. I scuttle out of caves instead of staying in there for too long.  Get a breath of fresh air.. and check for my vital signs. :laugh: 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies