Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Loc: RIØ D€JAN€IRO Flag
red mushrooms in florida?
    #9596358 - 01/12/09 05:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i talked to a dealer yesterday and he said he could get shrooms anytime and that the shrooms are red somewhat (was high as fuck when i was listening). And he also said that they are dried out to make them more potent(not that words he said but somewher near there) lool..

anyone ever find any red shrooms in florida ?

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye."
"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
"America should start a war on education, if its anywhere as successful as the war on drugs, everyone would be hooked on phonics."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: i95fl]
    #9596452 - 01/12/09 05:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

amanitas? when you dry them out, i forget what temp exactly, the ibotenic acid decarboxylates and you get more muscimol

Edited by psilyguy (01/12/09 05:28 PM)

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: psilyguy]
    #9596475 - 01/12/09 05:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

maybe i dunno , i will be sure to post a pic once i get the shrooms though.

anyone else got any ideas to what it is?

edit; does that make the shrooms more potent?

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye."
"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
"America should start a war on education, if its anywhere as successful as the war on drugs, everyone would be hooked on phonics."

Edited by i95fl (01/12/09 05:30 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9596522 - 01/12/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hopefully he means gold-capped Psilocybe cubensis, which can be somewhat orange on the top of the caps.

Use google images to find out what those look like dried.  Make sure it looks like that.

If any part of the mushroom is any shade of red, do not buy it.

If it doesn't look exactly like the google image results for dried cubensis, take a picture of the bag with a camera, do not buy it, and post the pic here for some good advice.

Be sure that it has some blush or greenish stains on it before handing over any money.

Make sure the pic is clear, use a digital camera to take it and turn on the macro mode, take it in bright light.

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9596545 - 01/12/09 05:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

^^^sound advice

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

#9596556 - 01/12/09 05:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Hopefully he means gold-capped Psilocybe cubensis, which can be somewhat orange on the top of the caps.

Use google images to find out what those look like dried.  Make sure it looks like that.

If any part of the mushroom is any shade of red, do not buy it.

If it doesn't look exactly like the google image results for dried cubensis, take a picture of the bag with a camera, do not buy it, and post the pic here for some good advice.

Be sure that it has some blush or greenish stains on it before handing over any money.

Make sure the pic is clear, use a digital camera to take it and turn on the macro mode, take it in bright light.

yea i mean, he could've gotten the shrooms from anywhere . don't know if has to be in fl necessarily but this guy is legit.

yea don't worry i will inspect it first i'll be sure to verify what kinda shrooms they are with him as well. then ill take a pic with my camera and post back on here.

unless the red on the shrooms is what psilyguy said..

--------------------

Offlinegandalf579
Mushroom Hunter
Male
    #9596578 - 01/12/09 05:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Make sure the guy isn't confusing the False Fly Agaric=Amanita parcivolvata (which is red with white warts) with the true Fly Agaric=Amanita muscaria, which is yellow-orange with white warts on the east coast.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9597149 - 01/12/09 07:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

unless the red on the shrooms is what psilyguy said..

I am thinking that is the case. 

Familiarize yourself with the look of dried Amanita muscaria.

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

#9597322 - 01/12/09 07:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

true i will , the dried Amanita muscaria looks like the description he gave me.

--------------------

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #9597676 - 01/12/09 08:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Careful with the Amanita's.  The potency varies wildly depending on when and where they were picked.  It's hard to guess if they'll be impotent or very-potent.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: ShockValue]
    #9597703 - 01/12/09 08:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShockValue said:
Careful with the Amanita's.  The potency varies wildly depending on when and where they were picked.  It's hard to guess if they'll be impotent or very-potent.

but are some of them poisonous? So an 1/8 of these shrooms could = a 1/2 of regular shrooms?

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9598483 - 01/12/09 10:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

its actually a totally different chemical(muscimol), dose scale(5-30grams usually), and experience. the amanita muscaria isn't poisonous, but some people misidentify other amanitas like amanita phalloides. i don't know a whole lot about how it works or if its true but i've heard that if it grows too close to poisonous ones it might be contaminated. i know theres many people on this website that know more about that though. also the ibotenic acid can make you a little bit sick.
if you decide to trip on amanitas, it might not be a bad idea to take some milk thistle with it, to counteract any possible poisoning.

Edited by psilyguy (01/12/09 10:45 PM)

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #9598508 - 01/12/09 10:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilyguy said:
its actually a totally different chemical(muscimol), dose scale(5-30grams usually), and experience. the amanita muscaria isn't poisonous, but some people misidentify other amanitas like amanita phalloides. i don't know a whole lot about how it works or if its true but i've heard that if it grows too close to poisonous ones it might be contaminated. i know theres many people on this website that know more about that though. also the ibotenic acid can make you a little bit sick.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9189459/an/0/page/0

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9327978#9327978

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9598534 - 01/12/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Lol speaking of which, I found a funny old book on mushrooms today while thumbing through the library discards...

It had a picture of 3 mushrooms and the quote was something similar to this:

"Pictured here are 3 of the most poisonous mushrooms known.  From left to right:  Amanita muscaria, Amanita phalloides, and Amanita pantherina."

--------------------

Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

#9598588 - 01/12/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow yea i am defintely going to get milk thistle. for all multi-purposes actually " Preliminary evidence suggests that milk thistle might protect against liver toxicity caused by drugs such as acetaminophen , alcohol, phenothiazines , and phenytoin ( Dilantin ). "

"When injected intravenously, silibinin is thought to act as an antidote to poisoning by the deathcap mushroom, Amanita phalloides . Animal studies suggest that milk thistle extracts can also protect against many other poisonous substances, from toluene to the drug acetaminophen. 2-7 One animal study suggests that milk thistle can also protect against fetal damage caused by alcohol. "

http://www.cvshealthresources.com/GetHerbContent.do?primerid=21817&name=Milk%20Thistle

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #9599584 - 01/13/09 03:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't buy nor recommend eating fresh or dried A. muscaria.

They make most people sick.

--------------------

Offlinepsilophile82
stilltrillchillpill>realdeal
 User Gallery

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: CureCat]
    #9600803 - 01/13/09 11:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:

more sound advice^^

--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: psilophile82]
    #9600843 - 01/13/09 11:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So far all they do is make my eyes water :laugh:

But yeah, don't eat them.

--------------------

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: CureCat]
    #9600961 - 01/13/09 11:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:

Please educate your "dealer" about what he is getting rid of, he could seriously hurt someone if he does not know his product.

I posted links to warrior souls journal and entropymancers amanita guide, both are very informative and a must read if your interested in the muscaria types of the genus.

Edited by weiliiiiiii (01/13/09 12:36 PM)

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: red mushrooms in florida? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9601075 - 01/13/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah don't eat em, but sprinkle em on your bud and smoke em! :bigjoint:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder