Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West coast Flag
my weekend hunt and road trip
    #9594978 - 01/12/09 01:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

me and a friend went up to frisco this friday to hunt the parks, hunted all day saturday and made some cool finds (pics below). then on sunday me my wife and his family went to the fungus fair in santa cruz for the first time, we had a great time, everything was wonderful and very educational, and my honey looked good with an amanita painted on her face, it was great to see all the fresh specimens because many i have only seen pictures of, we learned a lot, had fun, and met some really nice people. good stuff!

if you know what they are let me know.

night pic, no macro, ha

bad flash

alan, i know i told you this was found in grass, but my friend assured me he found this growing off of a stump.

turkey tail

pine spike with slippery jacks?

some gyms from the fair

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: my weekend hunt and road trip [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #9595176 - 01/12/09 02:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice BLG's, #8 and #9 (plus the ones at the fair, last two).  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my weekend hunt and road trip [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9595217 - 01/12/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thank you

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: my weekend hunt and road trip [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #9599907 - 01/13/09 05:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

First 3 look like Agaricus, next 3 appear to be Russula.
The little conic one in grass posted after the 2 G. junonius pics is a little bit too ambiguous to tell.  I would need to see the underside, too many possibilities at this point.
After that, you have Hygrophoropsis aurantiaca, and the next might be an unusually brown Pseudoclitocybe cyathiformis.
Then another Gymnopilus species, Pluteus after that, then Tubaria.
After the Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor), I see Galerina, then probably Pholiota velaglutinosa or one of the similar species.  More Tubaria after those 4 images, then Psathyrella for that patch near the dead weeds, with a bug-eaten, decaying Mycena pura right after, and then more Psathyrella for the next 4 images.
Maybe a Clitocybe for the one on your jeans, then another Pseudoclitocybe cyathiformis,not sure about the pin, Mycena on the pine cone, Coprinopsis lagopus for the next two, and the next 4 are Pluteus, maybe P. cervinus.
The big shelf mushroom growing from Eucalyptus is a very old, washed out Laetiporus gilbertsonii (Chicken of the Woods).  The yellow ones look like Hypholoma capnoides, but could also be H. fascicularei...  did you bring these to the Fungus Fair?  I remember IDing some that looked like this as H. capnoides, so if it is the same collection, then that's it.
Then a purple Mycena.  Yup, Pine Spikes (Chroogomphus vinicolor) with Slippery Jacks (Suillus).  Then I see some Tricholoma after that.

Next time if you number the photos it is way easier to reply with the ID's to the appropriate images, so no one gets confused.

It was nice to meet you and your wife at the Fair.  :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblebullfrog420
Stranger

Re: my weekend hunt and road trip [Re: CureCat]
    #9600410 - 01/13/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD TIME:thumbup:

--------------------
:sun:

Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Re: my weekend hunt and road trip [Re: bullfrog420]
    #9601069 - 01/13/09 12:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

hey CC it was nice to meet you too!!! and no i didnt bring any to the fair, i just took pics to post here later. thanks for your id's, and bullfrog, yes, it was a blast.
thanks guys.
p.s
will number future post, thanks.

Edited by johnnyblaze2316 (01/13/09 12:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract