Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
appartment flooded
    #959925 - 10/14/02 04:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if a person who is growing shrooms had an appartment that got flooded would they be likely to experience any increased contamination? what would be the best way to combat the problem? Is there anything that can be used to clean the stuff that is growing deep in the carpet?
i would imagine everything would smell a bit musty and sour in the appartment. Does this mean that a bunch of stuff is growing in the carpet even if it had been dried and the pad replaced? what could the person do if this were to happen?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
Re: appartment flooded [Re: z@z.com]
    #959937 - 10/14/02 04:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Funny you should bring this up.. My apartment just flooded and most of the capet it now ripped up. There probably is a higher risk of contamination but once the carpet is replaced it shouldn't be as much of a problem. Just be extra careful.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: appartment flooded [Re: NeonBlack]
    #959942 - 10/14/02 04:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

so if the person isn't going to be able to replace anything but the carpet pad will that be a problem?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
Re: appartment flooded [Re: z@z.com]
    #1000970 - 10/28/02 09:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

break out the steam cleaner and dump in some chems

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: appartment flooded [Re: cujo7999]
    #1001668 - 10/29/02 12:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a carpet guy and if the pad is replaced, it wont be that bad. Molds dont grow on carpet well. But if the carpet got real wet, convince your landlord to replace it, wet carpet is shot. The backing will seperate from the fibers. Prepare for fuzzies.

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: appartment flooded [Re: iloveraving]
    #1002162 - 10/29/02 02:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

dude is that why i got fuzzy thingies i always spill shit on my carpet right under where im sitting and theres tons of fuzzies

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum