Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeacefulJoint
Dani
Male

Age/Mind Shroom's
    #9598857 - 01/13/09 12:02 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

&:)
hello fellow trippers,

Well to start off im a 15 year old pothead.

Ive only tried shrooms once(an 1/8) and they werent very potent(i knew the guy who grew them).
but nevertheless it was a very magical moment for me.

Everything seemed like it fit perfectly with this world,Nature was at its best,The Trees......i cant put into words of what i thought about them,And alot of Laughter! haha  :heart:

its been about year since then and i hang out around many experienced trippers
many have told me that my minds has to be fully mature(mind) to understand and really experience the true nature(Magic) of shrooms but others have told me that i have to be about 20 to really understand so i ask you.

Do you guys think its not right for me to take these special Fungi at this age?(i think im ready for low doses but just about once every 3 month.)

Which is more important age or how mature your mind is?(mind mature<--age is not a factor)

&

also if i do choose to take some psychedelics later in life im wondering  is acid anywere near the effects of shrooms?

is this saying true ?(With acid your the driver,With Shrooms your the passenger)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel FREE to share your youngest/first trips!(Id love to hear em!
:bigblunt:

:smile:& Thanks for your Thoughts.
:yoda2:

--------------------
Peaceful People Eat Shrooms :smile:

:mushroom2:

Edited by PeacefulJoint (01/13/09 01:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSynesthetic
Ratings go in journal.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tooele, UT
Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: PeacefulJoint]
    #9598888 - 01/13/09 12:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm going to ignore your age and answer your question.

Handling psychedelics is a matter of maturity, and maturity is only loosely correlated to age at best.

Many adults act more childish than children, and many children act more like adults than adults.

My other advice is not to take a psychedelic unless you respect what it can potentially do to you. They're not all fun and games. They'll give you exactly what you need and, more often than not (for me), it's not very positive.

Lastly, remember that the important part of a trip isn't the experience, it's what you take FROM that experience. Hopefully you can find something useful in every one you have.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Age/Mind Shroom's *DELETED* [Re: PeacefulJoint]
    #9598930 - 01/13/09 12:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Mufungo

Reason for deletion: ...

--------------------

OfflinePeacefulJoint
Dani
Male

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Synesthetic]
    #9598964 - 01/13/09 12:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I Completely understand Synesthetic.

These psilocybin and psilocin need to be respected and not just for all the fun visuals(i really dislike those people who just take them for the visuals)
But i really want to explore my mind and thoughts much more than i think i'll understand.

I hope once im more ready to take these i could truly take a heavy dose and go in a state of mind were i could truly understand more about myself or whatever happens :smile:. and perphaps grow these fascinating Fungi.

Btw:
i've been hunting and admiring them in my photography  :hehehe:
my next finds well be my first post in the hunting forum

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Mufungo]
    #9598974 - 01/13/09 12:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I started tripping at about that age, and although I'm not going to condone the use of these psychedelics to a person of your age without knowing you personally, I know I was fine psychologically to start back then.

Then again, I also couldn't resist the urge to not trip whenever I could get my hands on mushrooms so that in itself was a huge problem. Give it a few years, do research, and appreciate your early taste of the future.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #9599022 - 01/13/09 12:39 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Your mind is still in development. Be careful with a drug(s) that altar the state of your mind.

Mushrooms are a drug that is mainly taken for intoxicating effects (tripping out). The only people that should not eat them are people who are emotionally unstable or have an underlying mental illness. I also will add infants into the mix because psychedelics are too powerful for a child's mind to deal with. It would just end up in intense confusion, fear, anxiety, or paranoia.

People that say, "Well you aren't old enough; you've never been in a serious relationship, you don't pay bills, etc." need to get off their high horse.

Its a drug. People take it due to curiosity, and everyone is entitled to their curiosity.

In the end its a psychedelic drug that makes you trip out. Being older could potentially help or hurt your trip.

You potentially could be able to control your trip easier or at the same time, you could trip out very hard on a life experience and start crying, and come away with a negative experience.

As far as LSD compares to mushrooms, LSD is better in everyway in my opinion. Ingestion is much easier, it lasts longer, better visuals, and less of a mind fuck (usually).

However I would wait to try LSD until you have done shrooms about 5 times, because LSD has the potential to be stronger than mushrooms in my opinion, mainly because of the more intense visuals.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

OfflineCulpepers
Open-Minded Fugitive

Loc: Denmark Flag
    #9599189 - 01/13/09 01:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hi PeacefulJoint!
I don't really feel that I can comment on whether or not you're ready to handle psychedelics.. What I can do, though, is tell you about my first trip.
The first time I tripped (on HBWR seeds - you know, the ones with LSA in them), I had only just turned 16. I had a perfectly fine trip. Mellow and introspective. Then, a few months later, I procured some hits of good blotter acid, but I didn't feel like tripping for another half year. That first trip had simply satisfied my tripping urge, so to speak. So, I saved the hits in my drawyer, and dropped them with a friend a short while after turning 17. I had another great trip. One that tought me a lot of things about the connection between arts and the subjective experience. I don't feel that my age was an obstacle. I really feel that tripping helped me understanding what "growing up" means to me.

Hope that was useful to ya. It's an extremely interesting subject, and one that I'd like to discuss more in-depth. 'Thing is, that I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment. Would you mind if I PM'ed you about this subject at some point?

--------------------
"Imagine all of creation as a big pond of water. Your life is a drop of water falling from the sky. During life you feel separate and then you hit the water and become one with it. There is no drop of water anymore, just the pond."
-- ChinaCat72

OfflinePeacefulJoint
Dani
Male

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Culpepers]
    #9599226 - 01/13/09 01:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Culpepers i would'nt mind feel free to do so whenever you have the time

--------------------

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#9599678 - 01/13/09 03:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

to tell you the truth the best trips recreationally ive ever had were when i was younger around 15 or so...

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9599829 - 01/13/09 04:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You seem quite intelligent, but I'd wait until you're a bit older to experiment with full-blown psychedelics. They're extremely powerful and you might regret it if you take them at this age while your brain is still growing. I waited until I was 18 and I'm very glad I did; I think I would have had some emotional difficulties if I hadn't. That is to say, less manageable than the ones they actually did give me. (Very minor and transcended by now. :peace:)

It's easy to say you'll use them with moderation, but once you're intoxicated with the mystery weekly use seems downright sensible. That's how it was for me.

It's ultimately up to you, though. Maybe you'll be smarter about it than I was. :yesnod:

You're probably about to get banned for being underage, though. Just a heads-up. :sad:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (01/13/09 04:39 AM)

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9600190 - 01/13/09 07:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I started growing them at 16, but for someone with a constant source I tripped very rarely. Maturity isn't age based. When I was 16 I had an intense mushroom trip that pretty well changed my life for the better (5 grams my first time). I know a 16 year old who is mentally around 10-13 and he dropped acid and it was a sad sad sight. Even being a pothead at your age is going to fuck you up but I've been there and I know what it's like. If anything I'd say you can trip a couple times a year but limit your pot intake too. You don't want to ruin your minds potential in any way you are still not an adult. Acid gives me the same basic feeling of shrooms. When I look at myself in the mirror on acid it reminds me of my shroom self. But acid is a lot different. I find shrooms to be confusing but acid feels like electricity is running down your spine and everything makes sense. You have the energy to work through your trip where as mushrooms leave me feeling drained. I like both though for different reasons. You'll probably get banned but whatever. As far as I'm concerned if you're underage on this site, but people can't tell your underage because you don't type like an eleven year old myspace user then you're allowed to stay. But you've admitted to being 15 so I dunno. Don't let impatience cause you to ruin your mind, but every once in a while is okay I think just don't become one of those people that does it every weekend. I don't really know anyone who fucked themselves over by tripping but I've met kids who decided it would be cool to do ecstasy multiple times a week for a few months/years. Their brains do not function properly.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: jellyfish]
    #9600357 - 01/13/09 09:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I started eating shrooms when I was 16.

PeacefulJoint>> It sounds like you have the right intentions and attitudes towards shrooms. That's a good start.

But the thing with shrooms as a teen... your teen years are when you are forming your identity. You're finding out who you are, what you want to be like, and even what gender you're most attracted to.

Psychedelics are powerful ego-dissolving drugs. They WILL destroy "you". When you start taking a lot of psychedelics while you're trying to form your self identity... the whole process can become a little unstable.

Mushrooms made me who I am, especially because of my early tripping days. I wouldn't take it back for anything! But if I were to give someone else the benefit of my experience, I would say this:

Don't trip too much. You will become disconnected from reality. Just take it easy and save it for VERY special occasions. No more than a few times a year.  Also, try and stay away from synthetic psychedelics until your older. Some of them are really great, but as a highschooler you probably will get a bunch of garbage that will damage your brain. Wait until you're a little older before you try LSD or X any RC's.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

InvisibleIndigenous
Stranger

Loc: Celestial Realm
    #9600369 - 01/13/09 09:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PeacefulJoint said:

Well to start off im a 15 year old pothead.

thread fail

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: jellyfish]
    #9600386 - 01/13/09 09:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Limit the cannabis intake. I would say that cannabis is much more harmful than psychedelics on the developing mind, for several reasons and in many ways (forgive me, the DMT has gotten to my head and my thoughts are branching out). For one, the way it plays about with your dopamine system is not appreciable. It may seem like a good experience at the time but in the long term, it WILL induce amotivational syndrome and all sorts. You need the willpower and determination of a cyborg to fight cannabis's negative effects, and even then it will erode those things. If you have this in you then you will already be the pinnacle of success at your age - perhaps a self-made millionaire, a player (in the sexual sense), an academic genius, all sorts. Take it from me, being a pothead is not worth it. I'll pull a statistic out of my arse and say that 99% of people cannot handle the effects, no matter how well they claim they can (and I would put myself in that 99%). The other 1%, well they're pretty famous people.

On the other hand, with shrooms and such: The general effect of more or less every natural psychedelic is that there are zero harmful physical after effects. Once the drug and its metabolites exit your body, you're back to sober health. On the other hand, they put you into an extremely malleable state of mind so the potential for psychological damage is immense, as is the potential for personal growth. At 15 (it's better to gauge where on the puberty timeline you are) your brain is EXTREMELY malleable. What you do at this age will decide your thinking patterns for the rest of your life; no small thing. If you develop into a positive and well rounded person, your brain will integrate this into your personality and you will have an easy and nice life.

On the other hand, if you become neurotic, pessimistic, entrenched in bad, empty, any of the generally negative things in life, prepare for a life of hell. As you get older, it gets harder and harder to reverse those patterns you have conditioned and developed over time. So what I suggest is that you make life easy for yourself. If you think the risk is worth it, take it. But don't blame anyone else if things go wrong. No matter what, you can't avoid conditioning your brain. A bad trip will send your life in the direction of negativity (this is true for ANY negative experience in life) while a good trip will of course, provide momentum for your life to head in that direction.

The fact that you describe yourself as a "pothead" speaks volumes, I think you should lay off the cannabis a bit. Don't withdraw, just cut down the dosage, make getting stoned (i.e. having a +3 experience) as a special occasion instead of just getting high (i.e. +1 or +2 intensity) 24/7, give it some purpose; you will have a far richer experience that way as well). Make your way into psychedelic land whenever you feel ready. Depending on your predisposition, it can either not be a big deal whatsoever (if you have been exposed to a lot of hardship and stress in life and have developed healthy and positive coping mechanisms) or a hellishly overwhelming experience (a lot of stress in life combined with being highly neurotic, dealing with problems in the wrong way, general weak-mindedness or an overall easy and sheltered life). There is also an element of luck that plays in, you can minimise this with good usage of set and setting.

The younger you do it, the lower the dose you should start off with and build up. Don't listen to people who say you should make your first time "worth it", don't eat 20g dried the first, second, 11th time, you have all the time in the world for that, don't hang onto "first times". Respect the psychedelics because honestly, they have the power, not you.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Indigenous]
    #9600388 - 01/13/09 09:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Being mature is important, but being older, having experienced more things in life is important too.*

You can trip, but what you get from the trip and the way you consider it might change.

And yeah, you're kinda young to post here, I think.

OfflineProtoman
Lost
Male

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Indigenous]
    #9600397 - 01/13/09 09:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sure, you sound intelligent enough (though not enough to hide your age...) to know what you're getting in to, but I would still wait just a few more years. Yes, psychedelics can teach you a great deal about our universe and more importantly yourself, but you should probably start using your sober mind a little more. Analyze yourself when you're not on drugs, learn and teach yourself without aid of outside substances before you dive in.
Learn to walk before you drive.

--------------------
"Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less. One is always living a little more or dying a little bit." -Norman Mailer

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

#9600582 - 01/13/09 10:19 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Since you will still be able to read this thread after you are banned, I will toss my two pennies into the fountain.
I think you are old enough to decide if you want to take these drugs.  Nobody can stop you.  I do not agree that you need to be twenty to understand a psychedelic experience.  I cannot say that it is right or wrong for you to take a psychedelic.
I think that maturity is related to age.  Everyone starts life being immature and grows up into an adult.  Adolescence makes up the bulk of that transition.  I do not understand why you think that your maturity is not related to age.  Mentally, people become adults somewhere around 16 to 19 years of age.  Some people over twenty may be less mature than people your age, but this is rare.  Probably, you are not quite an adult yet, but you are close.
LSD is very much like mushrooms.  There are some differences between the two but the differences are subtle.
I do not think it is true to say that with acid you are the driver and shrooms you are the passenger.

--------------------

OfflinePeacefulJoint
Dani
Male

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: Poiesis]
    #9600799 - 01/13/09 11:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've read all your post and i agree crkhd.I should cut down on the cannabis i been seeing myself smoking everyday for about 3 month now and it seems now is the time to stop that routine.

As for The Shrooms i know the impact it could have on my mind
but i feel i could take it i've been really seeing who i have become and what kinda person i am for the past year but till now i really feel like ive found who i am and ready for these Fungi but i will limit myself when i use them.

But just to safe with my mind i will postpone the use of them till the middle of this year.
And i will wait till im 20 or so to try any chemical drugs that im interested in  x,acid,lsa.

Thank's for all your thoughts and knowledge in this subject

TheMerryGangster  haha
i'll try not take them whenever i can or see them :wink:

No high doses for me till i feel im ready just one small dose a year.(For now) :hehehe:

Thank's again You people are true psychedelic Trippers.

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #9600975 - 01/13/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's not an age issue, it's a mental development issue. Like it or not, drugs fuck with your head, and if you think that's a good psychological thing to experience at 15, then go nuts. Mushrooms destroy your mind (temporarily, and not like explody destroyed, more like in a mangled and exposed sense) and from that experience you can expand it because you have learned a lot about how it works. Kind of like dismantling something to see how it works. And not just the mind, existence and all those other aspects of life are included too.

But you're young, you don't need to accelerate the development of your mind through drug use. Pick up some philosophy books (Although, on second thought, I'd advocate drug use before I'd advocate getting into philosophy) and understand them. I mean REALLY understand them, they go farther down the rabbit hole than drugs will ever get you, drugs just allow you to experience some of the basic ideas firsthand. This is why I believe acid in the hands of a philosopher is a positive, while acid in the hands of a naive idiot is a negative.

And another word of advice, that would probably the truest thing in this post; You don't know what you're getting into

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflinePoiesis
Strangerer Than You

Re: Age/Mind Shroom's [Re: AlCapwn]
    #9602155 - 01/13/09 03:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wait until you are twenty to try "chemical" drugs?
The drugs in marijuana and mushrooms are chemicals.  They are no more or less chemical than any other drug.  LSD is not any more chemical than the drug in mushrooms.
Water is a chemical.  H2O.  Water is as much of a chemical as LSD.
You have drawn an imaginary line.  Why do you think this imaginary line is important?
Maybe you are using the wrong word, but I still do not understand the line you have made up.  What is the rationale behind it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate