Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesamxxxxxx
Stranger
I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!!
    #959567 - 10/14/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I recived a mex mushroom kit on saterday, but there were no instructions with it so all i did was pour a little water (and i mean a little drible all around) and put the special bag over the top stood up right and put it on a shelf in the living room. I also washed hands and arms first.
the kit has faint white fur patches on top in places is this ok?

what else do i need to do?

what should i expect next and when?

thanks

Sam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblazzingbudzzz
one fun-gi
Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: samxxxxxx]
    #959630 - 10/14/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are trying to say. If it came with white fur patches on it then that is not good, that is contamination (assuming that it was not pre-innoculated by the supplier). However if it is innoculated then that is good.

--------------------
I used to be josh057, but my account got screwed (I have no idea why)
I can't stop thinking, because i'm tripping about thinking about how much I am triping.

Offlinesamxxxxxx
Stranger
Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: blazzingbudzzz]
    #959650 - 10/14/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry i'm very new to this

The kit had been inoculated befor i recived it with the mexican strain i believe.

so if this is all good what should i exspect next and what should i watch out for?

Thanks

Sam

InvisibleShaw

#959668 - 10/14/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

mushrooms.

--------------------

Offlinesamxxxxxx
Stranger
    #959818 - 10/14/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

also it does'nt look very humid in there, is this ok?

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #959841 - 10/14/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Contact vendor , get those idiot sheets (just a pun , not insult or opinion ) ! Let them know what you have done , they should be able to walk you through it easier than here . No matter what they say or give you, READ , read all you can even if not tek you will be following , but master "one" similar to your tek. I think this helps give better grasp of whole picture(growing in general ) of mushie cultivation . Also preps you for when you try experiments of your own .
Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #959845 - 10/14/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lol i have to admit i liked Shaw's answer :wink: cool.

well u got a bag. congrats. you dont have much to do now apart from keeping moisture up, fan and then pick up your shrooms, if everything was done right.

remember to keep the air inside the bag really wet, you need more than 95% moisture in the air to initiate pinning. BUT, be careful, DO NOT MOIST IT LIKE IF IT WAS A POT WITH SOME VEGGIES :wink: take an empty water spray-bottle, clean it thoroughly. Boil some water and when its cool [remember to close the lid so as nothing fells into] fill your spray. You can use this thing to moisten the sides of the bag. AGAIN, remember that you have to open it 2 or 3 times a day to let it get fresh air [fan it a few times with a magazine or so].

and last but not least, we NEVER EVER spray water directly to pins or shrooms. NEVER. :smile:

Good luck my friend!!! hope you will pick some and trip well !!

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

InvisibleMac

#964223 - 10/15/02 08:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If the kit is the one that comes from the Netherlands just mist the casing every few days until you see the pins, then once you see the pins fan the bag at least once a day. I had that kit and had to put casing box in a larger see rubbermaid tub, the mushrooms where touching the sides of wet bag and was afraid they would rot. The kit really is awsome. TripMeister had that kit also and post some great pic.

Tripmeisters kit

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: Mac]
    #964270 - 10/15/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I thought it is illegal to have a pre innoculated kit sent to you. Can you PM me of your source?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleMac

Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: SixCee]
    #964419 - 10/15/02 09:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not really sure how illegal it is. They will ship mycelium cultures but not mushrooms themselves. I'm sure there is a fine line there somewhere. The site is called de-sjamaan. If you go to this page it says mycelium stage Mushroom laws[/url] is not considered illegal (Federal Law in United States), sort of confusing

[url=http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/shrooms/MMFAQ.html].

InvisibleMac

#964424 - 10/15/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

try again
Mushroom Laws

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Mac]
    #964438 - 10/15/02 09:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #964442 - 10/15/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The "kit" with live culture is illegal to import into the USA.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinecheesyincident
Cheese Head
 User Gallery

Loc: Ohio
    #964481 - 10/15/02 09:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Mycelium is stil llegal up until fruits start forming......you cannot extract the illegal substances from mycelium until primordia start forming. You could receive a bag that is completely colonized if it was available.

--------------------
Incidents Happen

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: mickey_rourke]
    #964483 - 10/15/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by matts (10/15/02 09:47 PM)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: matts]
    #964491 - 10/15/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I'm very familiar with the FBI study, but I can assure you it's illegal to be in possession of a live culture in the form of a grow kit. Also, the Fiske vs. Florida case that you're pointing to concerns only the state of Florida and has no bearing on Federal law or individual state law. Hell, even spores are illegal in CA and GA. They have no psilocybin at all either. No matter how you try to explain it, possessing a live culture in kit form would constitute an intent to manufacture charge minimum.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: mickey_rourke]
    #964527 - 10/15/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: I have a Mexican Kit But No Instructions!!! [Re: matts]
    #964534 - 10/15/02 10:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hell, who knows. I don't think it's necessarily dangerous to pass around live cultures of illegal species due to the difficulty in determining what mushroom species it is in the first place. A colonized petri dish with an oyster isolate for instance looks pretty much like a colonized petri of cubensis.

Concerning making life tough for you, that's a given. All they have to do is charge you and arrest you. Even if they have no real case against you, you're going to still have to fight it with a lawyer. Ahh.. The joys of the American injustice system.

Peace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom