Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: The Benadryl trip [Re: Rewrite]
    #9598298 - 01/12/09 10:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rewrite said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:
never again.

A-Fucking-men

indeed, leave that shit alone. i think what was meant by the difference in visuals vs. mental state was just that drugs like diphenhydramine or dramamine are the exact opposite of profound. you might see things that aren't there, or have funny warped visions of colors and shapes, but your consciousness is not elevated at all. in reality, it's probably inhibited, since those are quite toxic chemicals, and if you do too much there's a serious possibility of dying. real psychedelics like lsd or psilocybin, which may be harmful in unrealistically high doses, will not hurt you physiologically. the intention in taking them is to alter your consciousness and change the way you perceive the world. changes in vision, like tracers, warped shapes, vibrant colors, and "breathing" solid objects are just cool supplements to the much deeper and profound trip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblei95fl
DĄŃC€444LYYF€
Male User Gallery

Loc: RIØ D€JAN€IRO Flag
Re: The Benadryl trip [Re: Hendostan]
    #9598351 - 01/12/09 10:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

good way to put it thanks !

--------------------
"You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye."
"Bill Clinton does not inhale marijuana, right? You bet. Like I chew on LSD but I don't swallow it."
"America should start a war on education, if its anywhere as successful as the war on drugs, everyone would be hooked on phonics."

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9598834 - 01/12/09 11:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said: i think what was meant by the difference in visuals vs. mental state was just that drugs like diphenhydramine or dramamine are the exact opposite of profound.

I agree with you that traditional serotonergic psychedelics do provide a sense of profound enlightenment, whereas deliriants have more pronounced visuals and no sense of meditative bliss.  Instead, what you get is a way to interact with your dream state while still awake--a chance to see the metaphors of your subconscious mind played out for full interpretation.  It can easily turn into a nightmare if you're not fully and utterly prepared to see reality ripped to shreds: you'll be talking to your friends, shooting the shit and passing the bong back and forth, and then you'll wake up to realize that your friends were never there to begin with.  The hallucinations from your dreaming mind will appear indistinguishable from normal reality; just imagine the perfect detail of a lucid dream, except blended into waking life.  This can lead to extreme exhilarance when you realize you can visualize anything you desire into life, and it can also lead to extreme dysphoria and fear when you realize that whatever you think of can become real (hordes of spiders crawling up your body, the ghosts of your dead ancestors trying to kill you, etc).  If you can remember how awful a nightmare is when you think it is real, just imagine how powerful seeing the terrors of your inmost demons unleashed to waking life would be.  Yet still, most of these bad trips are caused by either taking way too much, or by not being able to conquer the fear that these substances present.

Quote:

Hendostan said: in reality, it's probably inhibited, since those are quite toxic chemicals, and if you do too much there's a serious possibility of dying.

Deliriants have a lower LD-50 than most psychedelics; what's your point?  They are a tool like any other... and I personally would not trade away my Datura experiences for anything.  They're able to truly rip the hinges off of reality as you once knew it--incredibly valuable for ontology alone, and more than capable if you wish to pursue them as entheogens in the ritualistic setting.  Like anything dangerous to handle (like a chainsaw or a gun), start small and work your way up if you're determined to work with them.  Keep time in between dosages.

Quote:

Hendostan said: real psychedelics like lsd or psilocybin, which may be harmful in unrealistically high doses, will not hurt you physiologically.

Yet traditional psychedelics can and have hurt people psychologically, either through HPPD, anxiety disorders, depression, and even mental disorders if it was latent.  To argue that deliriants should be avoid at all cost while real psychedelics are harmless is naive; each have to be respected as powerful psychoactives that should be treated relative to their individual safety factors.  I would actually prefer low doses of Datura Stramonium over DPH, mainly because the former has thousands of years of ritualistic use as an entheogen vs. the comparatively untested pharmaceutical that has primarily antihistaminic effects instead of the desired anticholinergia.  I've had great results with improved lucid dreaming with Stramonium as well.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Edited by deCypher (01/13/09 12:04 AM)

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: The Benadryl trip [Re: i95fl]
    #9598869 - 01/13/09 12:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey lets abuse dumbass drugs so we can see cool shit! Fuck yeah man!

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: The Benadryl trip [Re: deCypher]
    #9598994 - 01/13/09 12:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i think it is unwise to try and get off on antihistamines. when taking the active dose into account, it would be far easier to overdose on allergy pills. i never said any substance doesn't have the potential to be harmful. i was simply trying to explain the difference to someone who has never experienced anything but diphenhydramine. i have never experienced datura but am familiar with its entheogenic history. you could try to explain things without calling me naive.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9599008 - 01/13/09 12:35 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Apologies; it just bothers me when people wholly condemn deliriants for a seeming lack of profundity.

I do agree that anything that is primarily an antihistamine would be best avoided in favor of anticholinergics that have that only as a peripheral side effect.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order