Home | Community | Message Board


Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1
    #958030 - 10/13/02 10:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #958108 - 10/13/02 11:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So then... has the server been down every time I've tried to connect?
I know it's not my network card. I connect just fine to the Unix Philosophia server.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Registered: 12/10/99
Posts: 14,279
Loc: South Florida
Last seen: 7 months, 18 days
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #958166 - 10/13/02 11:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Complaints, complaints. God is closer to you than your jugular vein, as they say in Islam. Stop yer bellyachin' and get serious. You remove yourself from the real attempt to communicate with God with all this cynicism, scepticism, scientism, empiricism, etc. Time to get non-rational - not irrational. Try the classic non-rational mode of communication - it's called faith. Believe and act 'as if' it's all true. Do an experiment in truth, but put yer heart into it! You have nothing to lose (except your recalcitrant reputation) and everything to gain, here and beyond.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Registered: 10/01/02
Posts: 5,385
Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #958224 - 10/13/02 11:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Most people are still using 'dumb terminals.'


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #958384 - 10/14/02 12:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have a recalcitrant reputation now?
Shit... I thought I was just telling it like it is (as seen by me).

Markos... we've been over the whole "faith" issue how many times now?
Whatever... I'm tired of the same old shit-
"Sclorch, abandon reason! You're doomed without non-rationality (whatever the fuck that is)!"


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #958483 - 10/14/02 12:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Rational thought is reasoning based on a particular era. It is dependant on the thoughts and "truths" held by the people of that time. It varies decade to decade, century to century, NewJersey to NewYork.
What is considered rational and believeable today can hardly be held up from centuries ago (i.e. earth is flat.)

That being said it is a bit rediculous for anyone to have used such a tride and dull modern analogy to derive understanding in any form of "ancient" "or "holy" (or whatever self righteous adjective that pleases you) belief system.
If I actualy did want to go to church one evening, you could bet I would head for the first backlit bulleten board sign that held some catchy and ineffable phrase like "whoop there god is" or "roses are red violets are blue jesus can save everyone!"
Christ! I feel like I'm reading a JeffFoxworty book about bible studies.

Don't get me wrong, I find religions highly stimulating, and their histories rich in thought, money, and occasionaly embarassing hypocrisy. And I have taken a few hints from that Jesus guy and drink lots of wine and never serve water at my parties (and damn are sandals comfy) But I think that comparing what is supposedly" mighty and upon high" to somethig so blase' and human is discrediting and not very stylish.
Hell, catholicism is based on the desire to wear fancy robes and hats.



--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #959162 - 10/14/02 07:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Paragraph 1- truth changes with time... a twist on relativism. I can dig it.

Paragraph 2- *stops laughing first* I agree... such texts shouldn't be constantly reinterpreted to better sync up with modern culture. Too bad the original authors aren't around to give us regular updates... Bible version 1.0 is sooo obsolete. It's like the 5? floppy.

Paragraph 3- How come the non-religious seem to get more stimulation from religious texts than religious people?
By the way, sandals ARE damn comfy (not stubbed-toe proof though).


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Registered: 06/07/02
Posts: 228
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Last seen: 18 years, 5 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #959436 - 10/14/02 12:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I must have one of those fancy Imac's without a network card.  :frown:  I can't even link to anything.  Damn it all. 


--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Registered: 09/09/02
Posts: 539
Loc: ghetto# 03479
Last seen: 16 years, 2 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: postalboy]
    #959445 - 10/14/02 12:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i talked to god last night. he said to tell you have a week to live. of course i can't prove this, you'll have to talk to your god and see what he says. in the mean time please keep posting annoying topics that lead to angry arguments between two parties who will never agree..


--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #959542 - 10/14/02 01:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Registered: 09/09/02
Posts: 539
Loc: ghetto# 03479
Last seen: 16 years, 2 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #959555 - 10/14/02 01:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

try being honest with yourself.


--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: vaporbrains]
    #959563 - 10/14/02 01:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Registered: 10/01/02
Posts: 5,385
Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #959657 - 10/14/02 02:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why is a person who proclaims there is no god any more a fool than one who proclaims there is a god?


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #959660 - 10/14/02 02:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

NOTE!
I in no way claimed not to be religious. I just have a hard time not laughing at the concept of a god that is all knowing all powerful, all considering and yet will damn me to hell for being what is in my inherent nature to be.
And besides I've been to hell already, It's called Mississippi. Never go there.
Pierre


--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #960008 - 10/14/02 04:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

NOTE!
I in no way claimed not to be religious.


Fair enough... my comment wasn't necessarilly directed at you. Your post just spawned that question in me.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #960145 - 10/14/02 05:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Registered: 09/09/02
Posts: 539
Loc: ghetto# 03479
Last seen: 16 years, 2 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: ]
    #960798 - 10/14/02 09:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'M SAVED!!! WOOHOO! Thanks enter!!! you saved me!! i didn't realize i was such a fool, but that link to an internet database of bible verses really changed everything!!! GODDAMN, IM A NEW PERSON!!!!! GOD RULES! SATAN IS FOR DORKS!!


--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Registered: 12/10/99
Posts: 14,279
Loc: South Florida
Last seen: 7 months, 18 days
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #960823 - 10/14/02 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps I ought to have said, in the language of Ken Wilber, "Transrational." This does not abandon the rational, but begins with it and then allows a higher logic or reason or logos to operate - independently of one's ego, I might add.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #960977 - 10/14/02 10:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, well... that sound like a really swell thing. Transrational... FANtastic!
Okay... does it come with instruction or what?

independently of one's ego, I might add.
I suppose questions such as, "How does this work?" are off-limits, eh?


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #961006 - 10/14/02 10:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

BANG!

Out of order. Please limit your comments to the psychosexual iterations.

Thank you.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineWorldRaven
Duality of aRaven
Registered: 09/16/02
Posts: 7
Loc: Among the souls of my peo...
Last seen: 18 years, 11 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #961627 - 10/15/02 01:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So can I smurf the server??  :grin:


--------------------
I created the world................
Now I must create it anew........


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: ]
    #964429 - 10/15/02 11:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

That's funny...
My mushrooms are always muttering the same damn thing...


--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #964440 - 10/15/02 11:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My mushrooms are always muttering the same damn thing...

So is that ^^^. :grin:

Cheers,


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: ]
    #964459 - 10/15/02 11:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry ya greek...
I only get Marx brothers humor, and those bastards were slavs. Next time, use a punchline like "and how an elephant got into my pajamas, that I'll never know..." or "That's a no good... I'll take five and ten in woolworth..."
And I be laughing my ethered ass off....


--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: ]
    #964469 - 10/15/02 11:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay okay... I just feel stupid 'cause I don't get the BANG thing...
there I admit it... :confused: 


--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #964473 - 10/15/02 11:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

[makes mental note to brush up on slavic humor]


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #964477 - 10/15/02 11:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's either a big gavel or a gun. Take your pick.

Cheers,


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #964482 - 10/15/02 11:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh you meant "psychosexual iterations."

That was a play on words for a audience of one, inside joke.

Cheers,


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Registered: 10/11/02
Posts: 109
Loc: here
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #966428 - 10/16/02 05:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> Rational thought is reasoning based on a particular era.

In the sense you're using it, rational thought is faith. One's head builds a god out of random impressions and imprinting and names it Reason. It claims to be all of humanity's collective knowledge, but in reality it is merely scattered impressions. Kill it and steal it's God-stick so you can run the show yourself.

Reality is a set-up. The 'real world' of matter is far removed from the world of ideas which exist in people's minds. Sort of like the Internet. Want to be a hacker?


--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Registered: 10/11/02
Posts: 109
Loc: here
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: vaporbrains]
    #966436 - 10/16/02 06:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Bibles are cool. There's this collection of stories and texts from millenia ago which seems to be everywhere, yet noone ever looks at it like that. Reading it on dex is great. I start feeling like God's older brother.


--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Registered: 10/13/02
Posts: 46
Loc: suitcase city
Last seen: 17 years, 10 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: xganon]
    #966950 - 10/16/02 08:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Rational thought being faith is not exactly what I meant, although i do like the visual image of me mugging someone of their "god stick" and running around claiming to be in charge... hehehe

I meant more that "rational thought of the era" is distilled into that eras' sense of"reason". Reason being the child of logic(one or zero, is or isnt), wich has not a damn thing to do with faith, (definately maybe). It's fault is that logic is only limited to what we know when we know it. That is what empowers 'faith'... that or logic being so harsh that you can't handle it.

My point was someone was not only literally and figuratively mixing them together (which is aubsurd and goofy) but also using examples of such from different eras, therefore making the whole point bunk.

I do not neccicarily disagree with the attempted arguement, just the attempt.
Next time, he should read some Oscar Wilde first... heh heh heh heh =)


--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Registered: 10/11/02
Posts: 109
Loc: here
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Beauville]
    #967103 - 10/16/02 09:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> I meant more that "rational thought of the era" is distilled into that eras'
> sense of"reason".

One can effectively block those outside influences. Curling up into a ball in bed while drugged, the 'spirit' of society/the 'era' can be observed. It isn't real. Those perspectives aren't real ones. My head made them all up. Like the judgmento-vision of the social phobic, the 'rational perspective' that seems so concrete and logical is actually a set of unproven assumptions. These assumptions are picked up whenever anyone assigned tribal 'authority' broadcasts them. As long as they don't contradict previously-installed ones, they become the thoughts of 'everyone'.

> Reason being the child of logic(one or zero, is or isnt),
> wich has not a damn thing to do with faith, (definately maybe).

Logic does not need to be absolute in that way. It outputs yes-or-no decisions sometimes, but it can arrive at those answers by more complex methods. It outputs "yes" or "no" in a specific situation-context with specific data. Change the data or the context and the answer can change. Your argument is made of 1s and 0s, but it's abstracted above that. The logical process can be the same way.

> It's fault is
> that logic is only limited to what we know when we know it.

Logic can accept this and mark it's decisions as contigent on the accuracy of it's data. If you don't know much, then that's more data, and logic can inform you that you don't know enough about the situation to proceed.

> That is what empowers 'faith'... that or logic being so harsh that you can't > handle it.

'Faith', before it got mangled through millenia of translation, may have been a tool, not a logical concept. Self-hypnosis while in a higher state to control the future self in a lower state. One's current state is always the highest, even when that state cedes control willingly.

Reason is suicidal. If carried out to it's natural conclusion, it turns into nihilism, becoming whole.


--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: xganon]
    #967901 - 10/17/02 02:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

xganon-

You know... most intelligent people realize that logic is not infallible. And ever since fallibilism showed up, I think we all have at least a smidgen of doubt running in the background. Beauville is obviously NOT claiming that logic doesn't make assumptions... I think he approves of logic for practical reasons. Well, Beauville...?


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: xganon]
    #967905 - 10/17/02 02:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Reason is suicidal. If carried out to it's natural conclusion, it turns into nihilism, becoming whole.

It doesn't need to be taken to an extreme to work.
No doubt you're an idealist... tragic.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Registered: 02/06/02
Posts: 4,454
Last seen: 8 years, 8 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #968490 - 10/17/02 10:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Reason is suicidal...

Is that like realizing the nature of life, like falling out of the subjective loop, and losing all sense of meaningfulness to factual numbers?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #968673 - 10/17/02 12:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Why is a person who proclaims there is no god any more a fool than one who proclaims there is a god?




The extremes. Atheist on one side and theist on the other, never asked themself about the importance of the question, the importance of in/existence of god, fighting each other to proove the impossible, not realizing there is not sufficient data to conclude a shit. How come a question about something or someone never seen can arise such dispute ?
I rather stay in the middle, agnostically driving my thoughts to issues much more important than a simple yes or no about the question. If god exists then let him come and see what a shitty world we're into, if god doesn't exist good then we can blame our selfs for the shitty world we're into, who cares ? we or god ?

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968708 - 10/17/02 12:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Registered: 08/26/02
Posts: 1,121
Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Last seen: 15 years, 9 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968718 - 10/17/02 12:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"If god exists then let him come and see what a shitty world we're into..."

are you a pessamist? :crazy:
IMO....there may be alot of shit in our world....but the beauty of EVERYTHING outshines the shittiness like a flashlight on the sun...look around at the wholeness that is all arond you, and is you....i dunno, maybe im just young and foolish :smirk: 


--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose


Edited by CleverName (10/17/02 12:56 PM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968734 - 10/17/02 01:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

The fool says in his heart (and outloud), "There is no God."



Then Nietzsche is a fool and the pope is t'a man.... nah! Probably both are fools.

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968751 - 10/17/02 01:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Registered: 10/01/02
Posts: 5,385
Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968764 - 10/17/02 01:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think the pope is a better man than Jerry Falwell (sp?) or George Bush for that matter.


--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #968769 - 10/17/02 01:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968774 - 10/17/02 01:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Basically, he said, "Think of yourself like a PC and think of God as a (Universal) Server. You simply have to use the right network settings to connect to the Server. Once you know the setting, you can save it or erase it."




It must be the DNS settings for sure, all i get is this:

I should try to reach him by IRC, #god or something :crazy:. I was expecting to find a web page with some useful links.....wait!!!! Thor is god, how the hell i didn?t relize that at first, Anno is Christ and Moe is the virgin Mary, all the mods are angels ? Damn!!!! I?m affected :confused:.... btw, there must be a holy operating system or something ?!?!

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968796 - 10/17/02 01:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Edited by enter (10/17/02 01:28 PM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968842 - 10/17/02 01:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I probably came up with a rough example, i just wanted to expose the extremes.
In reply to:

Quite frankly, I wish the Roman Catholic church would admit its leaders are business men and nothing different.



Don't take my words as rude but what business ? The business of souls ?
Really, that's why religions pisses me of, every religious/spiritual manifestation should be clear of money or any material bound. Catholics are an example of how the strucuture of their religion must make use of money, there are several exceptions and i believe there are many sincere catholics (although i don't share their beliefs, i respect them) but the higher places of the church are full of luxury, shouldn't they give the example ?

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968851 - 10/17/02 01:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968977 - 10/17/02 02:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled. Whoever humbles himself will be exalted.




What could be more humble than stand in a position where you are not obligated to fight an oposite ideal. Hence, agnosticism is the most humble of any religious position.

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #969030 - 10/17/02 02:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I would ADVISE that you are likely to know/feel/perceive the presence of the invisible Spirit of the Living God




I might be able to perceive the same thing, the diference is that i explain it differently, means i don't see the esence of god the same way you do, is it your god with a white beard and white hair sitting in a throne punishing humanity for their mistakes and forgiving their sins ? Or my god wich is the unknown part of the universe, the anti absolute truth, the unanswered questions of reality and the answered questions of my self being ?
Humanitate magis quam religione nobis opus est...
"we need humanity more than religion"

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: CleverName]
    #969046 - 10/17/02 02:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

are you a pessamist?




I'm realist but yes, i'm becoming pessimist. You just have to look around, things are going for the worst.

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Registered: 09/09/02
Posts: 539
Loc: ghetto# 03479
Last seen: 16 years, 2 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #969203 - 10/17/02 03:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, enter let's shut you up..or at least attempt to shut you up...for once and for all...

let's take my example...my personal experience....  when i was a youngster i reverently believed in God, i thought about God frequently and i prayed every night with absolute sincerity.  Naturally, i didn't hear any voices or writing on the wall. But, i also had no experience of communion with God, or any spiritual, mystical encounters/feelings whatsoever. For me as a small child, God was a comforting idea....as i developed and began to think i realized that feelings of comfort and well being are the result of the idea of god...not of god itself. i eventually became disillusioned and realized that God has never and probably will never communicate with me.  you keep spouting off about how people should pray and try to commune with God because you've had some sort of mystical experience and you are convinced that it came from God.  i think it came from your own needy brain.  if someone isn't feeling God's presence you tell them to pray harder, or be sincere.  in reality, it is YOU are not being sincere or honest. you spit out verse and make statements from your false position of superiority (I, Enter, know the Truth and I will tell you How to Get It!!!).

I, for one, am tired of hearing your bullshit.  WHy don't you just let people discover "God" for themselves.  If your God is a fair God he gives everyone a chance to come to know him...that's what my church always told me... so why don't you let God do the proseltyzing and shut the fuck up... :smile:


--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/27/01
Posts: 9,817
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: vaporbrains]
    #969315 - 10/17/02 03:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Registered: 06/07/02
Posts: 228
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Last seen: 18 years, 5 months
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #969508 - 10/17/02 04:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think the pope is a better man than Jerry Falwell (sp?) or George Bush for that matter.

Evolving, I was just wondering if you could have possibly thought of 2 worse examples of the dregs of humanity to compare the pope to??  I mean come on, it isn't even fair.  I loathe religion and the pope the great blind leader of the blind, but Falwell and Dubya?  Damn, might as well compare him to watery diaherria and stale pig vomit.  :smile:  or maybe rotten smegma and chunky menstral blood clots.  MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! 


--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #969989 - 10/17/02 06:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The fool says in his heart (and outloud), "There is no God."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Nietzsche is a fool and the pope is t'a man.... nah! Probably both are fools.

Nietzsche never said there is no god... he only said "God is Dead."  He didn't kill him... the church did.  Fred was only pointing out the obvious.  Duh!  :wink:


I find it extremely ironic that enter (of all people) is accusing someone of having a fragile ego.  I'm just tired of hearing the same shit over and over again.  I refute and I get no answer (just more bullshit).  Maybe it's not getting through the thick skull (which is necessary to protect the fragile ego).

Fuck it.... 


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 7,339
Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Last seen: 4 days, 22 hours
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #971578 - 10/18/02 06:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nietzsche never said there is no god... he only said "God is Dead." He didn't kill him... the church did. Fred was only pointing out the obvious. Duh! 




You're right, i know he said "God is dead", but if he's dead then he's no more.
I'm not sure when you say the church did kill him, Fred pointed out that man kill him because man now believe not in god but in its (man) character and personality. I don't have the book right here but i think that was the main idea.
I don't think enter wants to convert anyone to religion. Personally, i don't give a damn if he believes (or anyone else) in god or not. We're just discusing beliefs, normally religious people are the first ones to find others belief "wrong" and try to impose their beliefs as true and unique, same thing happens with some atheists where their "religion" is the anti religion.
I think you Sclorch are not going to be convinced about enters ideas, neighter enter is going loose his faith because of your ideas, although i believe faith is the most difficult feeling to explain (and i never seen it objectivelly explained) i respect those who have faith, personally i don't think i could have an objective vision of reality if i believe in faith, maybe others can but i don't know why :smirk: .

MAIA


--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala



Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire


Edited by MAIA (10/18/02 06:54 AM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Windows of Opportunity! gettinjiggywithit 602 12 11/16/04 11:02 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Christ on a Stick
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
insectvhore 6,798 117 04/20/05 11:09 PM
by the_phoenix
* Marquis de Sade on Jesus Christ it stars saddam 2,603 12 01/27/06 07:50 PM
by Icelander
* The Christian Broadcast network, and the matrix? johnnyfive 730 8 06/28/03 08:55 PM
by johnnyfive
* Anti-christ (also women and power). MJF 691 15 09/23/05 12:24 AM
by crunchytoast
* The Second Coming of Christ!!
( 1 2 3 all )
johnnyfive 4,833 40 01/29/03 11:14 AM
by johnnyfive
* The Passion of Christ
( 1 2 all )
Ped 3,015 35 03/15/04 05:21 AM
by SporeX
* Neural Networks and the Mind gotmagog 846 8 09/17/04 09:23 AM
by fireworks_god

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
3,694 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.