Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

TradeWindsFriuts? And a BREWING QUESTION!
    #9570707 - 01/08/09 02:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I rarely venture to this section, but since I started growing some mimosa hostilis I wanted to try my hand at growing some other things (I had a great success with the hostilis :smile:)

I'm mostly looking to grow edible things, in containers, indoors in Upstate NY.

TradeWindsFruits.com seems to have an awesome selection of stuff that I am interested in, and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the site? And, if so...how viable were the seeds you got?

Thanks! :peace:

Also; rather than make two threads...is anyone familiar with the NY state law on buying homebrew equipment under age? I'm only 18 years old. I used to brew beer with my dad all the time, but now that he doesn't live with us anymore I don't get to. I mean, I'm drinking beer anyway, and I'd rather drink some nice homebrew than drink the watered down piss they sell at grocery stores. I'm not looking to get drunk, (theres way faster ways if that is my end goal) I'm looking to enjoy some brewskis amongst friends.

Edited by RasJeph (01/08/09 05:07 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: TradeWindsFriuts? And a BREWING QUESTION! [Re: RasJeph]
    #9571868 - 01/08/09 06:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That is very strange you ask. I just made my first order through them over the weekend and received it today. I would definitely recommend them. They have free shipping if you order more than $8 or $8.50, which is awesome.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #9571870 - 01/08/09 06:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:Also; rather than make two threads...is anyone familiar with the NY state law on buying homebrew equipment under age? I'm only 18 years old. I used to brew beer with my dad all the time, but now that he doesn't live with us anymore I don't get to. I mean, I'm drinking beer anyway, and I'd rather drink some nice homebrew than drink the watered down piss they sell at grocery stores. I'm not looking to get drunk, (theres way faster ways if that is my end goal) I'm looking to enjoy some brewskis amongst friends.

I know the laws of a couple states and I'm going to assume that's it is the same for NY.  It's not illegal for anyone to own a bucket or carboy, grain or malt extract, hops, or yeast.  Technically the only part you have to be at least 21 of age for is pitching the yeast, because at that point, the yeast has the potential to make alcohol. 

It's not illegal to crush grains.
It's not illegal to mash grains.
It's not illegal to boil hops in wort.

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: TradeWindsFriuts? And a BREWING QUESTION! [Re: Redstorm]
    #9572466 - 01/08/09 07:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
That is very strange you ask. I just made my first order through them over the weekend and received it today. I would definitely recommend them. They have free shipping if you order more than $8 or $8.50, which is awesome.

I know, thats why I was inclined to use them haha. I wanna try my hand at cultivating some dragon fruit, as it said it will do OK in a container...fingers crossed :P When ever you get around to planting your stuff, can you let me know how the germination rate was? Thanks in advance :smile:

And thanks for the brewing information. I'm not worried about the 5-oh kicking in my door for the actual brewing...so long as buying the materials myself is cool I think I'll give it a shot this summer :thumbup: Actually, I'm pretty sure my mom would buy it for me, if I promised her a few brews haha.

:peace:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9572607 - 01/08/09 08:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I planted some cherry tomatoes and jalapeno seeds in containers today, so I'll let you know.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: TradeWindsFriuts? And a BREWING QUESTION! [Re: Redstorm]
    #9574634 - 01/09/09 01:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.seedsavers.org/ Cool place for seeds..

Most stuff you use, can be bought at walmart..It may look odd to be buying a 40 qt pot...

Don't sell it or kill a friend(D,driving) and you will be fine..The law is for every one over 21 in a home you can make 100gals ie 4=400gals....

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineLucienne
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10353726 - 05/17/09 04:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I live in downstate NY, and although I am over 21 I have never been ID'd in a brewstore. I also order some things off the internet, and they  don't ask for ID. Good luck with your brewing!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Malt Extract

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing