Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male
Loc: Long Beach/Orange County,...
The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine"
    #9570496 - 01/08/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--->Hey guys, I'm new to the shroomery, but have been posting on Bluelight for the last couple of years.  I see that many people would like to know the best way to smoke DMT or the best type of pipe.  I also know many people who can't handle the harshness of the smoke, and therefore cannot break through.

"The Machine" is generally a DMT pipe that is made with a glass bottle and brillo.  You basically put the DMT on top of the brillo and light the lighter under the brillo...therefore heating the brillo and vaporizing the DMT.  It gets rid of the TERRIBLE "burning" smoke taste that I have experienced with oil pipes.  DMT, no matter what, DOES taste kind of gross, like burning plastic.  However, this method of smoking eliminated all of my problems with smoke taste, and also allowed me to take much much bigger fuller hits and break through much faster.

Here is a large thread on Bluelight, for reference in case any of you have any further questions (pretty much all questions are answered there) that explains the workings of the machine:
Make a DMT Pipe? - "The Machine" (there is a good article in the 3rd reply down from 'The Entheogen Review' periodical on making a basic machine.)
The thread goes on for many pages, so keep reading if you don't understand, and look at people's self-posted pictures of their own machines.

I have used a "normal" Machine before and I loved the idea, the concept, the ease of smoking, and the experience.  Instead of making a traditional machine, however, I elaborated on the idea of "The Machine" and made a machine of my own, except I would say it's a bit more professional than a tabasco sauce bottle with some brillo in it.  My machine, in my opinion, works way better than any other machine I've ever seen.

I have had a problem with the taste of DMT smoke for a long time.

First, having a mint in your mouth while smoking helps a whole lot.

Second, what worked for me....was not BURNING the DMT so much.  When an oil (meth) pipe is used, a lot of DMT gets BURNED and not VAPORIZED.  It vaporizes at a very low temp.  The smoke when you burn it tastes much worse.
My solution to this problem was making a "DMT machine".  I will explain how I did it right now (it's somewhat unique).  It works VERY, VERY well and you can take HUGE rips and barely taste the vapor.
Most "machines" are made out of glass bottles, but I bought a freebase air pipe (usually for crack) and turned it UPSIDE DOWN, and put brillo in the bowlpiece...

Here is a picture of the type of pipe I got before I altered it.

This is what it looks like now:

So I turned the store bought freebase air pipe upside down.  Then I stuffed the top (well I guess the bottom now...the bowl) with Brillo (with all the chems burned off, it took a while to burn all the color off and mold the right shape to fit the bowl...make sure it's pretty stuffed in there so it won't fall out) and basically just turned the whole pipe upside down. I filled the bowl about 2/3rds of the way up with brillo, so that there was about 1/3rd empty space above the brillo to put the DMT on top of.

The way I load/use it is...
First I get a pair of needle nose pliers and take the brillo out carefully so it doesn't lose it's shape.  I used to just drop the DMT into the other (smaller tube) end of the bowlpiece so it would just land on top of the brillo, and that worked for a while, but now there is so much resin caked onto the sides of the bowl and brillo, that the powder sticks to the wall and doesn't make it all the way down to the brillo, so I have to physically remove the brillo now with pliers.

I then sprinkle some DMT on the top of the brillo (as much as I want to use), and carefully put/stuff the brillo back into the pipe, making sure not to lose any DMT or let it fall off the brillo.  The way to use it is by holding the lighter a few inches below the brillo, thereby heating up the brillo, and the DMT that is on top of the brillo just melts and vaporizes due to the heat of the brillo.  The DMT will then resinate into the brillo, so keep hitting it until there is no more smoke.  Stop lighting it about 5 seconds before you want the smoke to stop generating, as the brillo needs a few sec. to cool down.

It works great.  It takes some practice to get good at it, but it is very worth it.  Much easier to take fat, tastier, and more potent hits.  Highly recommended for anyone who would want to try this.  Those are my results.

You basically use the pipe completely upside down.  The picture where my mouth is on it is the way you hit it.  It's basically the "FREE BASE AIR PIPE" from Gracie and Zarkov's "How and Why To Get Off" turned upside down with brillo in the bowl, and it is used much differently than G. & Zarkov recommended.

However, if the DMT is extremely fine powder, it could fall through the brillo. Just make sure you load it on a flat non-porous surface so you can recover it if any falls through the brillo.

If anyone is lost or confused with any of these directions, kindly let me know and I will try to answer your questions, I tried to explain it as best as I could.  I find it much, much easier to break through using this pipe.  I can't even imagine using an oil pipe or foil again...

THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT IF YOU ARE AT ALL A REGULAR DMT SMOKER, IT IS SO, SO WORTH IT.  Even making a normal machine (like with a tabasco sauce bottle) works great.

Here are some pictures of another machine that someone I know made and loves:
The First Picture
The Second Picture
The Third Picture
The Fourth Picture
This one is a traditional machine, with the steel wool shoved into the neck of the bottle and a hole at the bottom of the bottle made using an awl or a drill (where you put your mouth).  You would drop the DMT through this hole so it lands on the brillo/steel wool, and then you'd hold it upside down while smoking it, heating up the brillo so the vapor starts to rise, then suck slow...
I hope this thread helps some of you guys who have a hard time smoking the stuff or breaking through on it!!!  Any questions, reply to this thread!

------------------------------------
P.S.  I have also perfected a method to sterilize and convert DMT freebase (must be pretty pure, preferably synthetic) into the Acetate salt for IV injection.  I spoke with a friend of mine who's in his third year of medical school, and he told me exactly what I needed to do, and I saved the instructions in a text file.  All you need is vinegar, a .22 MICRON FILTER (absolutely necessary to sterilize/clean the solution), a few different types of syringes/needles, and a sterile glass vial with a septum on top (all of which I ordered online very easily).  I am not going to post the method here right now, as it would probably do more harm than good on this forum...  But if anyone is really interested and has the brains and equipment to do this kind of stuff and wants to know more, you can PM me or AIM me at 'psilocybonaut' and I'll give you detailed instructions.  IV DMT ia out of this world...25-30mg IV is a break through...you really have to be precise and sterile when converting it to a salt, however (you don't want to accidentally inject leftover plant proteins from the extraction).  please don't even think about attempting this unless you are willing to follow safe instructions and have some patience, because not following precise safety instructions can have grave consequences...

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 11:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDelicious Apes

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: psilocybonautX]
    #9570813 - 01/08/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That pipe is badass. Does the brillo give off fumes?

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #9570848 - 01/08/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Due to the fact that people say you have to replace the brillo every few uses, I think its safe to conclude that it does give off fumes. That is the only reason I have not tried this method myself.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9570857 - 01/08/09 01:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sounds similar to a crack pipe

--------------------
:partykid:

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: t00th]
    #9571274 - 01/08/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ksinao said:
sounds similar to a crack pipe

LOL looks kind of like one to.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: DNBplus]
    #9571917 - 01/08/09 04:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

No.  When you buy the brillo, it is copper colored...  After you burn it with a lighter at high temps, it turns redhot and gives off its fumes, and then a few seconds later becomes black/grayish colored.  Burning it further doesn't give off any more fumes...it's almost like ash or something...
I am pretty (95%) sure that after the initial burn of the brillo and after those initial obvious fumes come off, and it is completely scorched, it doesn't give off anything else.
Crackheads have been using brillo for years, and so do many DMT users.  I've heard of people using steel wool too.  I assume you have to burn it first as well.

I haven't replaced my brillo in a long time...  I don't use it every day though, or even every week, or sometimes even every month....  But I have had it for quite some time.

At first, I could "load" the DMT by taking out the bowlpiece, turning it over, and funneling/dropping the dose of DMT onto the brillo through the other end of the bowlpiece (the downstem, little glass tube) and that worked fine.
Now, however, we have to take the brillo out with pliers each time we load it, and put the DMT directly onto the brillo....  This is because the sides of the bowl piece got SO resinated with oily sticky DMT resin, that when you try to load it that way, the DMT just sticks to the walls of the bowl piece and doesn't make it down to the brillo anymore.  The whole bowlpiece is so caked with resin...there's probably ~100mg of smokable material in there... :smile: You can, however, load a whole lot at once and just save it for later because it crystallizes into the brillo.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 04:21 PM)

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#9571945 - 01/08/09 04:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybonautX said:
I've heard of people using steel wool too.  I assume you have to burn it first as well.

You have to use really coarse steel wool. The regular kind just ignites on fire.

Edit: Actually it seems that people have gotten steel wool confused with brillo or chore boy. I don't think you can use any type of steel wool.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

Edited by NlightNd1 (01/08/09 04:34 PM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #9572138 - 01/08/09 05:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
That pipe is badass. Does the brillo give off fumes?

DO NOT use Brillo it contains all sorts of horrid detergents and emulsifiers.  I believe the OP meant to say steel wool.

Any paint supply or hardware store will have a multitude of grades of steel wool (graded like sandpaper) and it is F%^&ing cheap!  Just get some of that and FORGET the Brillo!!!

N.B.

Edited by Nature Boy (01/08/09 05:07 PM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9572199 - 01/08/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks cool but I don't see the advantage of turning it upside down.  I have no problems using a regular oil pipe...I just don't understand why you are trying to re-invent the wheel or complicate an otherwise simple matter.

But...different strokes for different folks, I guess.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nature Boy] * 1
    #9572980 - 01/08/09 07:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9574241 - 01/08/09 10:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Looks cool but I don't see the advantage of turning it upside down.  I have no problems using a regular oil pipe...I just don't understand why you are trying to re-invent the wheel or complicate an otherwise simple matter.

I don't think you understand.  The whole point of turning it upside down is so you can heat up the brillo, therefore heating the DMT slowly so it doesn't burn, as when it's in an oil pipe.  Also you wouldn't be able to use it right side up.  How the hell would you heat up the brillo?  And without brillo or a screen or something the DMT would just fall through the hole.  I'm not re-inventing anything, my pipe works just like a normal machine it just works a bit better and is way cooler.

This is by no means a "new" way of smoking DMT that I somehow pulled out my ass.  The mechanics ofn the machine were first published in THE ENTHEOGEN REVIEW, VOLUME XII, NUMBER 1 VERNAL EQUINOX 2003. 
Here's 2 excepts from that:
Quote:

A problem for some true DMT aficionados is the difficulty
involved in effectively delivering large doses—ideally without
leaving one’s lungs feeling like they’ve been coated with
caustic residue. For those who really want to get a 50 mg dose
or more, rather than just burning that much, there is finally
a solution. “The Machine” is an amazingly effective drug delivery
device that I recently test-drove. It is capable of holding
one or many doses, for one person’s repeated use or multiple
users. I was introduced to The Machine by an Australian
friend who, at the 2002 Burning Man, also taught me
about the benefits that can be derived by using mullein when
smoking tryptamines

Note: Having recently tested The Machine, I give it my highest endorsement.
Previously the “burned plastic” taste and seared lung feelings from smoking a
regular DMT pipe had caused me to abandon smoking as an approach to ingesting
DMT. It was simply too painful and I never got a big enough hit to experience
much effect, frequently coughing out too soon the hit that I did get. For whatever
reason, vapor produced by The Machine wasn’t nearly as rough as that
smoked through a normal DMT pipe. And man, does this pipe deliver a punch!
— DAVID AARDVARK

Machines are by far the best way to smoke DMT, in mine and many others' opinions.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 10:06 PM)

Invisiblebenivey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9574705 - 01/08/09 11:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm imagining this happening, and I want to ask: When you are heating the DMT while it's in the steel wool, is there a possibility that it would melt through the other side and fall out the bottom?

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: benivey]
    #9575550 - 01/09/09 04:28 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

^ Ummmm...yeah, that's just one of my issues with this setup.  Doesn't look too inconspicuous to have laying around the house, either.

But, like I said...I suppose it's whatever you get used to.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9576314 - 01/09/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm imagining this happening, and I want to ask: When you are heating the DMT while it's in the steel wool, is there a possibility that it would melt through the other side and fall out the bottom?

No, this does not happen, but I see how you might think it could.
First, you should always use the finest gauge of steel wool/brillo that you can find (so there are much tinier holes when it is burned and mashed together tightly).  Second, the DMT is on top of the steel wool/brillo (so it's on top of about 2-2.5 inches of solid, compressed brillo).  So that is a pretty large sized mass of steel wool/brillo for the DMT to make itself all the way through.  I actually think it would probably be kind of hard to burn it so much that it goes ALL THE WAY through the steel wool (would require a lot of DMT so and a lot of heat for a prolonged period of time).  When the DMT is vaporized, it liquifies and cakes itself into the brillo.  There is not nearly enough compound to actually fall/leak even HALFWAY down through the brillo.  Also, once you stop lighting the flame (a few seconds before you want the vapor to stop rising), the liquified DMT hardens very quickly, like within a few seconds.  You will just see the inside of the brillo and inside of the glass begin to get very resinated (for me, it's a dark reddish/brownish colored resin that looks like a hardened liquid).  And once it is pretty resinated, you don't really even need to load the pipe to take a 25mg hit or so, you can just hit the resin.

If you have ever smoked crack before, the brillo that is ripped off the pad, molded, burned, and used for crack pipes is MUCH MUCH smaller than the brillo used for a machine (like comparing a small marble to a 4in x 4in x 4in rock).  And even when smoking lots of crack (which also liquifies and goes into the brillo when a flame is put to it), the compound never goes through the brillo (that would be terrible, inhaling extremely hot melted liquid).  I've never heard of a regular crack user (who knows how to pack his brillo/pipe right) suck up liquified crack cocaine.  So, considering that, and the amount of people that smoke crack compared to the amount smoking DMT, I would say this would probably never happen unless you were extremely sloppy in the construction of the machine.

It could possibly happen if you are EXTREMELY sloppy in stuffing the brillo, and you accidentally like, leave little holes that the liquid can just fall through.  Really, try it.  It works GREAT.  You don't have to go out and buy a free base air pipe like me...just make one out of a glass bottle and some steel wool.

BY THE WAY GUYS, I just recently read that with machines, the steel wool/brillo should be replaced once every so often.  So I was wrong when I said it probably didn't need to ever be replaced.  It did not say how often, but I would say replace it after using it 30 times or so.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9576340 - 01/09/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doesn't look too inconspicuous to have laying around the house, either.

I really can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.  I'm pretty sure it was.  Well, I suppose the one that I made is quite conspicuous (but not anymore than a meth pipe or a crack pipe -- the other things people use to smoke DMT with) if it was found by someone.  However, the traditional machine would be even less conspicuous than having a "Classic DMT Pipe" (meth pipe or whatever). 
This is due to it being a glass bottle, which you can put the cap on if you want to hide the steel wool.  With the cap on, it looks like an empty glass bottle.  There is no bowl piece or anything sticking out, just a mouth hole drilled at the bottom (which wouldn't be noticed on first glance).

So I would say it's even less conspicuous than having an obviously resinated methamphetamine pipe (you think LE would believe that it was "only DMT"?  Definitely not, as I don't think half of the Criminal Justice society even knows what DMT is, and they come across meth pipes MUCH, MUCH more often.)

It really isn't very difficult to set up, probably less difficult than it looks (and it's well worth it if you smoke DMT regularly at all...unless you really don't mind the taste, and you can get good rips/break through with a normal pipe).  Check out the Bluelight thread I linked to above and a few replies down there are instructions on making a classic machine with a glass bottle.

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
    #9576379 - 01/09/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

rofl @ chore boy

--------------------
:partykid:

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9576406 - 01/09/09 11:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

To make the concept more sensical to people:

the steel wool is like a sponge. The fact that it is steel means that it withstands and even absorbs a lot of heat. The fact that it is porous means that if a liquid falls on it, it will be absorbed into the sponge and have a very great surface area for the spread of heat. Each fibre send the heat of the lighter throughout the whole drop of dmt that is absorbed into the sponge.

in an oil pipe, you are heating the bottom of a puddle, through glass, and it is a much less efficient heat exchange, as well as the surface area for evapouration is limited by the size of the puddle.

when you heat up the sponge however, the liquid dmt forces itself out all the pores of the sponge as it vapourises

the reason you turn the pipe upside down is so that you can get the lighter to hit the steel directly instead of through glass.

The Machine in the OP is rather complicated compared to a standard machine.. and I realised as I read this thread that I can just turn my oil pipe into a Machine by stuffing the bulb with steel wool!

awesome!

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9578374 - 01/09/09 05:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and I realised as I read this thread that I can just turn my oil pipe into a Machine by stuffing the bulb with steel wool!

I see where you are coming from there in a way...  Only problem with that is that most oil pipes are quite small, so it would probably be pretty easy to burn your face if you try lighting it like a machine...
Also, if it's the kind of oil pipe I'm thinking of, the tube is quite narrow...I think it's better to have a bigger area to stuff the brillo and then the DMT...also it might (maybe) be hard to vape the DMT because the tube with the brillo and the brillo is so small and you can't hit the exact right place with the lighter.

It would almost be like hitting a crack pipe upside down...

The machine I built is somewhat intricate, but creating a machine like the one in the pictures below is extremely simple.  It probably looks harder than it actually is.  All you need is a glass bottle and steel wool/brillo.  Making one like this works almost just as good as the one I made...very efficient.

If you want exact instructions check out the link to Bluelight I posted above in the original post.

Traditional Machine Pic 1
Traditional Machine Pic 2
Traditional Machine Pic 3
Traditional Machine Pic 4

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #9578556 - 01/09/09 06:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wuts with all the complicated pipes? just smoke it yo! :deemsters:

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: SurReality]
    #9579200 - 01/09/09 07:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The problem with smoking DMT is that in a traditional pipe, the flame will eat the DMT like candy if you get it too close. Freebase pipes take too long to vaporize and the smoke is really hot. The Machine is probably the most effective way to smoke DMT because it eliminates the problems I previously mentioned.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #9581140 - 01/10/09 02:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

free basing is a dance all its own

it can be very easy to fuck up
espesialy those first few times

melting it vaping it hiting it and holding it all corectly is a def disipin

but i find freebase to be by far the easyiest

i dont car how long you burn it for. i wont smoke brillo

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9581957 - 01/10/09 09:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybonautX said:
Quote:

and I realised as I read this thread that I can just turn my oil pipe into a Machine by stuffing the bulb with steel wool!

I see where you are coming from there in a way...  Only problem with that is that most oil pipes are quite small, so it would probably be pretty easy to burn your face if you try lighting it like a machine...
Also, if it's the kind of oil pipe I'm thinking of, the tube is quite narrow...I think it's better to have a bigger area to stuff the brillo and then the DMT...also it might (maybe) be hard to vape the DMT because the tube with the brillo and the brillo is so small and you can't hit the exact right place with the lighter.

It would almost be like hitting a crack pipe upside down...

The machine I built is somewhat intricate, but creating a machine like the one in the pictures below is extremely simple.  It probably looks harder than it actually is.  All you need is a glass bottle and steel wool/brillo.  Making one like this works almost just as good as the one I made...very efficient.

If you want exact instructions check out the link to Bluelight I posted above in the original post.

i dunno what you mean man.. an oil pipe is at least as big as a dope pipe. my one is longer than my dope pipes even. so the flame aint gonna eat you. and at the end of the pipe is a bulb.. which has about the same volume as the mouth of a bottle. so theres the same amount of steel wool.
So the only difference is that there is a stem instead of a chamber.
And I dont think that is a big problem.

yes it is like upside down crack pipe
crack pipe/oil pipe, same thing.

there are more special type crack pipes that are different, but people dont really refer to them except actual crack smokers

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: notapillow]
    #9581963 - 01/10/09 09:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:

bro youll smoke glass but not steel? why? they're both inert to flames?

--------------------

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9582060 - 01/10/09 10:19 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The concept that hasn't been mentioned yet that makes this work is the fact that heat rises.  That's why it's upside down, so that a.) you can make use of the heat of the flame without actually burning it, and b.) so that once the dmt is actually vaporized, it has nowhere else to go but up, into the chamber, as opposed to if smoked with a bong, it could be expelled into the air and lost.  This is a great idea, I was wary of smoking dmt because of the harshness I had heard of, but this would be a good solution to that problem.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: libertaire]
    #9582185 - 01/10/09 10:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well, here's the oil pipe I'm referring to.  The advantages are many:
1)  Portable, easy to secret/store
2)  Cheap as sin (~$5.00), easily available and replaced
3)  Clear glass lets you see precisely how much spice is loaded
4)  Heated gently from BELOW, makes it easy to vaporize and not burn spice.  Flame NEVER touches the spice!
5)  Easy to completely clean w/ a q-tip and 2 drops of naptha.
and finally,
6)  It gets the job done admirably with no fuss, no muss.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9582258 - 01/10/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ya.. so why not stuff steel wool and get all the added benefits? steel wool is basically free and has no detriment at all except for looking strange

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#9585050 - 01/10/09 06:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

that sorta defeats the purpose of blowing a bulb in it... with steal wool you can just smoke it with a regular smoking pipe... and how does one clean a dope pipe with steal in the bulb?

--------------------

PodCast

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9588831 - 01/11/09 11:25 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

NatureBoy, the pipe you posted a picture of is simply a traditional DMT pipe.  Many people have problems breaking through using these type of pipes due to harshness, bad lighting technique, etc.  So if you have absolutely no problems using your pipe and are completely satisfied, that's great.  I'm not asking you to switch your method.  This method is more for people who have problems breaking through smoking it that way, people that want to savor/not waste their product (due to the low vaporization temperature of DMT), and people who simply do not like/can't handle the harshness of the smoke.

The machine is simply a much easier and more efficient way of smoking it.  And it has a huge advantage over an oil pipe because none of the DMT gets burned, as it is heated by the steel wool slowly, not the flame.  Therefore it all gets vaporized.  The taste of the vapor in a machine is a lot different than the taste of it coming out of an oil pipe.  It is much less harsh, but just as potent :wink:

Also, another thing you can do to help your lungs/decrease the harshness, is to go to a health food store and purchase some Mullein.  Mullein is a plant that is meant to be smoked, that is actually used as a herbal remedy for sore throat, cough and lung diseases.  Long ago, it was prescribed for tuberculosis patients.  Smoking it soothes your lungs.  It's also the active ingredient in many alternative smoking blends.

If you want, you could put some Mullein in a bong, and then put your DMT on top of that, and then hover the lighter above it, slowly vapeing the DMT and the Mullein.  Then, once you are reaching lung capacity, get the flame closer to make sure all the DMT has been vaped and all Mullein burned.  Then clear the bong.  I've found that one large bong rip (as long as there is enough DMT in it) with DMT on top of plant matter will break me through.  There is a technique to burning it, though...you have to like waft the lighter over the bowl for like 5 seconds (until the DMT melts into the plant matter) before lowering it and clearing it.  I would recommend getting some Mullein to people that have problems with the taste of the smoke.  This is another way of smoking it, without using a machine or an oil pipe.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/11/09 11:34 AM)

Offlinesirjeth
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9588866 - 01/11/09 11:37 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
Quote:

notapillow said:

bro youll smoke glass but not steel? why? they're both inert to flames?

Because as said before, Brillo gives off BADASS fumes, and I don't care what you are tasting or thinking. How many times does someone gotta say that?
Steel wool on the other hand...

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: sirjeth]
    #9591531 - 01/11/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dont understand aversion to change or technology.. this method is seriously the most sensible thing to do.. I think you are being a Republican if you deny this method because you are simply holding onto your old ways when reform would be nothing be beneficial.

as for cleaning a pipe with steel wool in it.. I dont think you have thought about this very well.. it seems that it would be even easier to clean a pipe with steel wool in it because there is already steel wool in it to clean with!!!!

--------------------

Offlinemagicking
booya
Male

#9592893 - 01/12/09 01:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

does anybody have any thoughts on using an ubie?  my friends got one that ive played around with...but for dmt..?

--------------------
:heart: Life.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: magicking]
    #9593577 - 01/12/09 07:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

that would work, its basically a meth pipe without a bulb

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
    #9593815 - 01/12/09 08:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

cant stand the heat
get up out my kitchen

I would rather use a regular base pipe than go with the ghetto version. But then again I have alot of practice with one.

Someone should try to HOT RAIL some. I guarantee I could pull it off if I had the cajones.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Odum]
    #9594467 - 01/12/09 12:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The best dmt smoking device is a vapor bros vaporizer, it never burns, hardly ever is harsh, doesn't taste like plastic and leaves your lungs feeling fine every time.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Cannashroom]
    #9594949 - 01/12/09 01:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone ever tried smoking DMT out of a Volcano vaporizer?  I would think that would be the easiest way to take in huge doses at once, because you could just fill the bag up with DMT vapor.

And there is a new version of the Volcano out, called the Digital Volcano.  While the normal Volcano has a heat range of 226-446°F with a +/-9° accuracy, this new digital model has a heat range of 104-446°F with a +/-2.7° accuracy.  The digital model also has the major advantage of a futuristic digital LED display with precise temperature control, while the old model just had a steel rotary dial.

I have heard of people using the regular Volcano to vaporize DMT with good results.  They "sandwich" the DMT between some sort of plant material, such as cannabis, mullein, or damiana.  And if the regular Volcano has a low temp. of 226°F, this means that they are burning at least some of their DMT.

I have never tried this new digital Volcano, but it sounds perfect for DMT.  DMT has a melting point of approx. 116°F, so this new digital Volcano would work awesome for the precise vaporization of it, at the exact temperature, in theory (due to the lowest temp. being 104°F).

The boiling point of DMT is somewhere between 140°F and 176°F.  This is quite close to the melting point, which I assume is why many people have a hard time not burning the product.  By the way, the 'boiling point' is the temperature where it starts to burn, correct?  Assuming this is so, the digital Volcano would be PERFECT because you could set it at around 116°F (or maybe a little higher to make sure it vapes) and it would stay at this temperature, therefore letting all of the product vaporize and not burning any of it.

I just learned about this new digi Volcano, that's why I'm mentioning it here...I think it would be the most efficient way to smoke DMT.  The only problem, however, is the price of this piece of equipment (Retail $669).  I do know, however, that it can be acquired much cheaper.  The Retail price of a normal Volcano is $539 on the official website, but I know a few head shops in Venice Beach (CA) where you can get them for approx. ~$300.  So I assume that would be the same case with this new product.

Just letting you guys know about this....I think it could work great for DMT...not to mention it is the best device for smoking cannabis out of.  So, if you have considered buying a Volcano for smoking cannabis, here's yet another reason to shell out the money for one :wink:...

Volcano Official Website (explains the difference between the "classic" and "digital" models):
http://www.thevolcanovaporizer.com/

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9595983 - 01/12/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't get it.  When using the Volcano, what would keep the spice from depositing on the balloon walls in large quantities???

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#9596831 - 01/12/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ya thats what i thought... probably best to use a volcano for just weed...

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9597423 - 01/12/09 07:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wash the bag after months of use

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9599862 - 01/13/09 04:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not concerned about the cleanliness of the bag, but about the loss of spice from the smoke when using a large surface area balloon where it can easily deposit/condense.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9603982 - 01/13/09 08:40 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i meant wash the bag to collect the deposited DMT

--------------------

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #9604240 - 01/13/09 09:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Volcano is bad, the dmt will crystallize in the bag, or some at least.  A vapor bros works wonders as I said before.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9604778 - 01/13/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't think of the surface area thing...good point.

OfflineChemEng
 User Gallery
Loc: Planet Earth
    #9660180 - 01/22/09 04:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone tried using a VaporGenie with a wad of steel wool to vaporize DMT? I tried making "The Machine" but the bottle broke as I was trying to make a hole in the bottom..

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: ChemEng]
    #9661973 - 01/22/09 09:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

those glass bottles are totes rare..

--------------------

OfflineChemEng
 User Gallery
Loc: Planet Earth
    #9661993 - 01/22/09 09:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Tried the VaporGenie with a bit of steel wool, it worked perfectly!!

Offlinememory_bakoon
Stranger

#9783604 - 02/12/09 07:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This is a great idea!!!
Do I need to inhale while I am heating the brillo in order to make an air flow?

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: memory_bakoon]
    #9790000 - 02/13/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Do I need to inhale while I am heating the brillo in order to make an air flow?

Well yes, BUT do not inhale immediately, as the DMT is still in powder form and you might suck it up into your mouth and waste it.

Start heating the steel wool, with the lighter about 2 inches below it (get closer if you can't see it pyrolizing/melting at all), and once you see the DMT crystals/powder beginning to melt and give off vapor, put your mouth on the pipe and start inhaling very slowly and evenly, making sure that you suck up all the resulting vapor.

Just make sure you don't start inhaling before you see your DMT begin to liquify or else you will get powder/compound in your mouth.

It takes approximately 3-5 seconds with no heat for the steel wool to cool down and the vapor to stop generating/rising, so stop lighting the pipe about 3-5 seconds before you feel you are reaching full lung capacity.  It takes approximately 2-4 hits (make sure you FILL your lungs with DMT vapor...also make sure you let out all your air before hitting it so you can reach lung capacity), depending on size of hits and dosage, to break through.

Any other questions you may have, go ahead and PM me or contact me on AIM at 'psilocybonaut', as I might not see them in this thread.

OfflineRandallFlagg
Learn to swim
Male

Loc: Ry'leh
    #9790110 - 02/13/09 11:09 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I seriously have to add this to my project list.  Great post!!!

Offlinetenacioustornado
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9790142 - 02/13/09 11:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

where do you get freebase pipes I looked in stores/gas stations no luck pm me if ya want?

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: tenacioustornado]
    #9825712 - 02/19/09 10:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Are you speaking of the freebase air pipe like the one I bought and turned into a machine?  If so, they actually can be quite difficult to find.  I live in Long Beach (SoCal), and there are plenty of tweakers and crackheads in this area, therefore there are plenty of head shops.

Not all head shops have something like this.  I found it only at this one head shop I go to, for like $10.  I went back there a few months later and they were having a sale, so I bought an extra one (in case mine breaks) for like $6-$7.

I don't really know what you would call it, if you were to ask for it.  I just pointed at it and that's how they knew I wanted it.  I believe it would be called a "freebase air pipe"...I'm pretty sure that it is used mostly by crack cocaine users.  However, if you put a screen in the bowlpiece, it could be used for weed (like a bong without water), but I don't think that's it's purpose.

I would go looking around at different head shops, you're bound to find one or SOMETHING that would function just like one.  Or you could also browse the internet head shops for a device like that one.

If you cannot find a pipe like this, just do some thinking, I'm pretty sure other types of pipes could be turned into the same thing.  If you still have no luck...use a tabasco sauce bottle (or some other glass bottle)...it really works just as well, I just like my pipe because it is more convenient and it's "my creation". :wink:  It does work a little better than a glass bottle, but it isn't necessary.

Offlinetittysnacks74
Stranger

#10469070 - 06/08/09 01:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Due to the fact that people say you have to replace the brillo every few uses, I think its safe to conclude that it does give off fumes. That is the only reason I have not tried this method myself.

The entheogen review article specifies steel wool as preferable over brillow, although it too must be occasionally replaced. Not because it produces toxic fumes, but because the heat simply wears it out after a while and it doesn't work as well anymore.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: tittysnacks74]
    #10469240 - 06/08/09 02:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i dislike the machine myself becanse like the name inplys its pretty janky and mechanical looking. in my opinion its even worse then a crack pipe

i think the bet is a oil pipe (crack pipe) that is long and squigaly or is adapted to atach to a down stem on a bubbler or bong

best smooothest way to hit and is rather pleasing to the eye insteadd of a weird contraption made from a henecy bottle.

also

i just dont like smoking over metal
just not my thing

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: notapillow]
    #10469898 - 06/08/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I use a little $5 glass pipe with a carb like you can buy in any head shop.

I have a little glass flower in the bottom for a screen and a thick layer of ash on top of that (Spice products create a layer of ash that sticks to the bowl).

I put the DMT up against the side closest to my thumb, so that it will be the last section to burn, then I put some Damiana or other herbal blend evenly across the bowl.

As the burning plant material burns its way toward the DMT, it heats up and works great.

I can taste it in the 2nd hit of 5 hits.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10470177 - 06/08/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i had this one specially made. extremely simple. i could have bought one at the porn shop, but i those have such small holes and its hard to get the dmt in the pipe, so had them make one with a big hole in it.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Loc: Thessaloniki
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #10470780 - 06/08/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I use
its great for DiMiTri
the name is Eagle Bill's Shake & Vap pipe  google it all the online headshops sells it

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: albien5]
    #10472107 - 06/08/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^ Damn!  Mikey likes it!!!!!  That may well be the ultimate DMT pipe.  SuuuhhhWeeet!

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#10473316 - 06/08/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

lol i've seen those but never got one... would you take out the screen?

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#10475701 - 06/09/09 05:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes.

Also, you shouldn't mix pipes.  Use a dedicated pipe for DMT, dedicated pipe for weed or any other substance you may smoke, such as salvia.  Failure to heed this advice can lead to unpleasant or unexpected psychedelic or psychologic misadventures.

N.B.

--------------------

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

#10476200 - 06/09/09 09:31 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

with Eagle Bill's Shake & Vap pipe just replace the screen with aluminum foil so no scent go away

Invisiblehoboblues
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: albien5]
    #11035791 - 09/10/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

After not having too much success with a lightbulb and don't want to pay $40 for hennesy(we don't have anything under a Liter here), I finally found a decent DMT pipe online.  It's just like PilzeEssen's, but not as long(14cm).  Though, it's got a small hole on top.. which would be better, imo, for airflow.

pipe

sorry for bumping an old thread.  thought it would be better than starting a new one.

--------------------

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: hoboblues]
    #11035879 - 09/10/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i like it and is cheap, nice pipe

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #11036685 - 09/10/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Quote:

psilocybonautX said:
I've heard of people using steel wool too.  I assume you have to burn it first as well.

You have to use really coarse steel wool. The regular kind just ignites on fire.

Edit: Actually it seems that people have gotten steel wool confused with brillo or chore boy. I don't think you can use any type of steel wool.

Can you not just use a stainless steel base with 4 tiny air holes around the diameter? It will still heat the DMT without actually burning it (unlike a gauze), but the holes will still let you suck air through. I dunno... I've not read all the responses.

--------------------

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Psilocypher]
    #11038770 - 09/11/09 05:32 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocypher said:
Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Quote:

psilocybonautX said:

Edit: Actually it seems that people have gotten steel wool confused with Brillo or chore boy. I don't think you can use any type of steel wool.

Can you not just use a stainless steel base with 4 tiny air holes around the diameter? It will still heat the DMT without actually burning it (unlike a gauze), but the holes will still let you suck air through. I dunno... I've not read all the responses.

The only problem I can see with that is, DMT turns mostly into liquid as you are vaporizing it. The point in using Chore Boy or Brillo is because it has a very large surface area to keep the DMT from dripping through. If you used a steel plate, the DMT is very likely going to melt and run off the plate as it turns into a liquid. If you use a Brillo or a Chore Boy with copper coating you must first burn the copper off with a propane tank or something similar. I know Chore Boys have a copper coating but I'm not sure about Brillos.

--------------------

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
    #11041466 - 09/11/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This method is a waste of fucking time people.

Just go buy a 'oil burner' aka chalet (3 $)

Why would you want to run your dmt through metal like you are smoking crack?

stupid

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#11041829 - 09/11/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

im currently getting the ultimate spice made

it might take a while

as this freind is particularly lazt

yet always busy with somthing. so hopfully he find time for me so i can show it off to u folk

--------------------

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#12289588 - 03/28/10 08:28 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Do you have to pre-burn this stainless steel scrubbing pad?  Its new & clean...

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Offlinechaosbydesign
in-between dimensions
Female

Loc: The Big Apple (in your ha...
    #15318688 - 11/03/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

While it does work well as a method of delivery, an oil burner tends to accumulate burnt DMT in the bottom that will continue to get burnt every time you use it, unless you're able to clean it all off... With the machine, you can remove the metal piece whenever you want to.

Quote:

Odum said:
This method is a waste of fucking time people.

Just go buy a 'oil burner' aka chalet (3 $)

Why would you want to run your dmt through metal like you are smoking crack?

stupid

--------------------

I reside in the uncharted space in between; where intangible detail meets reality's seams...

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: chaosbydesign]
    #15319158 - 11/03/11 08:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can clean out the burnt residue with a q-tip, dab the q-tip in some water with ash, also naphtha works well... until you learn how to smoke it without burning it which wastes it, if you have clean dmt and you don't burn the shit out of it there won't be any residue left behind :oldthread:

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineNyarlethotep
Expanding minds think alike
Male

Loc: california
    #15556957 - 12/22/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Now I know what the "machine" is. Thank you.

However, something about using a meth/crack pipe just doesn't sit well with me. Makes me feel sketchy, and I personally dislike/stay away from head shops that sell them for that reason. Shit grosses me out for some reason.

Would putting it in a glass bottle and heating the bottom of the bottle work to ignite the steel wool? I think I'd just do that if that's the case, and maybe modify the mouth piece to filter/hit it better.

Might also work in a conventional bong, or a hooka. Here's what I'm thinking: Load the DMT into the tobacco/weed bong/hooka, and then load a small amount of steel wool on top. Ignite it, and that should do the same thing, right? Also cool because you can load the bong with water/ice, for a cleaner, cooler hit.

--------------------
curiousity killed the cat but people forget that cats have nine lives.

Go on, get curious.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nyarlethotep]
    #15556987 - 12/22/11 02:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if you don't like the idea of a crack pipe, make a changa blend and smoke it out of a pipe or bong like you would weed.

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineNyarlethotep
Expanding minds think alike
Male

Loc: california
    #15557007 - 12/22/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
if you don't like the idea of a crack pipe, make a changa blend and smoke it out of a pipe or bong like you would weed.

Yea, I'm just going to do that. I'll probably take the DMT and load some quality hash on top. The hash is slow burning and doesn't take much to ignite, and will keep smoldering for a good while. Seems like a good method.

--------------------
curiousity killed the cat but people forget that cats have nine lives.

Go on, get curious.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nyarlethotep]
    #15557033 - 12/22/11 02:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i don't think thats a good idea, the changa burns pretty fast... plus dmt really doesn't taste good at all and would just spoil the flavor of your hash. also smoking weed/hash at the same time as DMT can decrease the effect of DMT, it would be better to just smoke the dmt and then smoke your hash after tripping.

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineEmpereur
Stranger
    #16143373 - 04/26/12 05:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im new to the machine and want to be crystal clear on the operation before using any DMT on it... so do you need to be sucking or inhaling simultaneously while heating the brillo? Or will heating the brillo cause the pipe to fill with smoke on its own? can you apply several doses? 100 grams into the brillo? after the stuff resinates can it be re-vaporized to get more hits out of it?

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Empereur]
    #16144557 - 04/26/12 09:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i would suggest having maybe a 50-100mg amount sprinkled on to of the STEEL WOOL, not brillo pad.
you can use a torch lighter from a distance to heat up the dmt so it melts into the STEEL WOOL, not brillo pad.
it helps to have a bottle that you can more easily see the opening of, and thereby heat propertly.
you'll want to just barely barely barely inhale so that the bottle starts filling up with a thicker smoke... too thin and you might get a weaker dose
once the chamber is filled to a decent amount hit it hard and take the biggest breath you can and hold it in
if you can manage try taking another hit, but this would all be easier with a helping hand

getting the one (or more) big hit from the machine has been more successful for me than using a couple of different freebase pipes and inhaling slow and deep... never seemed as strong

InvisibleVitalux
Stranger from the next universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #16601196 - 07/27/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This pipe is excellent and has greatly improved life.

I made a slight improvement by drilling a 1/2 inch hole and adding a 1/2 inch clear flex hose as a mouth piece.

I found that with the hole in the bottom of the pipe, and folks having to put their lips on the bottle, chances are that spit and goober was bound to fall down the pipe.

Plus it was difficult to watch the flame position when trying to take a hit of the machine by oneself.

With the hose, it makes the unit more user friendly and cleaner.

Note when drilling the hole I just used a spade type glass drill bit and drilled the hole in the bottle by first filling the sink with cool water and holding the bottle under the water to lubricate while drilling the hole.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Vitalux]
    #16601722 - 07/27/12 07:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Jeez.  That's just ridiculously and unnecessarily huge.  :facepalm:

N.B.

--------------------

InvisibleVitalux
Stranger from the next universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #16617279 - 07/30/12 03:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm well.....at least I did not make it too small.

You know.......life is kind of weird...

It doesn't matter what you do,....there will always be someone to complain.

Take the weather for example... :sunny: ..It doesn't matter what kind of a day it is outside, there will always be some miserable fucking bastard that will complain about it

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Vitalux]
    #16617660 - 07/30/12 04:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Le Machine, which is the quintessential DMT vaporizing ghetto gizmo uses a 50ml-ish bottle - and with good reason.  The product vaporized isn't dispersed into a huge volume rendering it utterly ineffectual and therefore wasteful, if not downright useless.

Not that I don't LIKE what you did as an enterprise, its just that it is completely self-defeating for use with DMT, which only requires you to vaporize somewhere around 30 mg.  Therefore, your device is about as poor a design as one could possibly imagine, unless of course you were to use a GALLON bottle.  :facepalm:

Small = smart and effective.  Huge = lossy and probably useless.

N.B.

--------------------

Edited by Nature Boy (07/31/12 04:13 AM)

Offlineislanduniverse
Male

#16618403 - 07/30/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i'd just like to point out that i used a bacardi 750ml bottle, and i found that breathing in slowly and carefully allowed me to load the chamber without inhaling, exhaling plain air, and then hitting super fucking quick and hard such that i was overwhelmed by the dose, and so far it has been the only time i have "broken through" to that degree

using smaller crack pipe, and an even more intricate small glass pipe, was not as effective

InvisibleMr. E
No Touchies!
Male

Loc: Hiding in the Sky
    #16620966 - 07/31/12 08:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Here's my version of the Machine.

Just got to test it out yesterday, my first time using DMT. I didnt have the breakthrough but wasn't really trying to since it was my first. But I'd say it worked very well!  The chamber is big enough to let me pre-fill it, but not so big I can't take the whole thing at once. Used it upside-down just as recommended in the OP, with the addition of a metal screen between the steel wool and the crystals. Wasn't anywhere near as foul tasting as I'd imagined from all the hype. More testing is definitely required! :crazy2:

--------------------
Only Red Horse Rainbows can save us, let them run wild and asunder!

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Mr. E]
    #16621428 - 07/31/12 10:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nice.  Its the functional equivalent of a Glass Vapor Genie...probably at 1/3 the price!  Neat.

N.B.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. E
No Touchies!
Male

#16621887 - 07/31/12 11:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Nice.  Its the functional equivalent of a Glass Vapor Genie...probably at 1/3 the price!  Neat.

N.B.

Way less than that. That's about $5 in materials I already had laying around, and about 20 minutes of my time. :wink: VG is what like $65-$75?

I think this is also superior to a VG because of the way you load it. The bowl comes out and crystals are put in what would usually be the bottom of the fitting, then it goes right back together. Don't need to mess with pulling the wool out or any of that.  :thumbup:

Here's a different style I made for a FOAF (no really!).

I'll probably do a water filtered version soon. Because, you know, why not?  :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by Mr. E (07/31/12 07:40 PM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#16624431 - 07/31/12 06:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wow!!!!  I had no idea it was so feature-rich and self made, to boot!!!  Outstanding!  I am extremely impressed.  :super:  :super:  :super:

Don't know if I've ever rated you, but if not, 5 shrooms for you, sir!!!

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#16624493 - 07/31/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

where can i find those?

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleMr. E
No Touchies!
Male

#16624521 - 07/31/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
where can i find those?

Right now you can't, unless you know a glassblower. AFAIK these are the only two exactly like this in existance. :smile:

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Wow!!!!  I had no idea it was so feature-rich and self made, to boot!!!  Outstanding!  I am extremely impressed.  :super:  :super:  :super:

Don't know if I've ever rated you, but if not, 5 shrooms for you, sir!!!

Thanks very much I appreciate it! :dancer:

I'm tempted to make some "heady" versions (lots of color and pattern work, or sculpting), but these seem too likely to get dropped when someone blasts off, and liable to get broken. So keeping it simple is probably better here.

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#16624554 - 07/31/12 07:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

how much would you sell it for?

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleMr. E
No Touchies!
Male

#16624632 - 07/31/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

10 million dollars!  :tongue:

Nah, the prototypes aren't for sale. If it seems like there's a market for them and I mass produce some, I'd wholesale them to the heashops for about $30, maybe $35 since it's kind of a specialty item. Then they usually double that to get the retail price. So if they end up in the stores it would be about the same as a VG.

--------------------

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#16624653 - 07/31/12 07:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

darn o well

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleMr. E
No Touchies!
Male

#16624679 - 07/31/12 07:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not looking to expose my identity/location by selling anything directly, through a site where I incriminate myself daily. I really don't need the $ that bad, ya know? :smirk: But if you PM me with your general whereabouts I can probably hook you up with someone in your area who could make one for you. I know pipe folks all over the place and these are really pretty simple.

--------------------

OfflineDr.truthseeker
Stranger
    #17358124 - 12/08/12 10:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

using chore boy scrubbing pads work well. no fumes. its like lil spiral strips of stainless steel. the thickness of the metal allows it to not burn up

OfflineDr.truthseeker
Stranger
    #17358160 - 12/08/12 10:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

do not use steel whool. use scotch brite pads. the steel whool has weird shit in.it that burns. you notice the fibers melt if you hold a lighter to it... this is what you need...scotch brite steel scrub pads

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Dr.truthseeker]
    #17358694 - 12/09/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

no, you need caapi leaf make same some changa so your friends don't think your a crack head lol plus its just better smoke

--------------------

PodCast

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder