Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Raw foods
    #9484526 - 12/23/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What the heck do you do with them? Just chop em up, mix them together and cover them in some kinda sauce?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Raw foods [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9484601 - 12/23/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just eat em!  I am trying to go 100% raw and here what I found:

Fruit, just eat it, or make some smoothies.

I love eating carrots and broccoli, but if you don't like the taste of veggies on their own, make a salad.

I am in the same boat, I don't really know what to do with my raw foods, so lots of salads and smoothies.

Also you can make some fresh juice, like green juice, with a blender and something to strain it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Raw foods [Re: Cannashroom]
    #9484650 - 12/23/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I was thinking about chopping up an avacado, laying a few sprouts and some fresh chopped okra and spinach on a plate and maybe putting on a little dressing.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#9484937 - 12/23/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ya know Ive been sick allday but after eating some raw food I feel better. Maybe there is something to all that Celstine Prophecy Hoo-Haw.

OfflineSoul Expressed
Stranger
Male

Loc: Port macquarie, NSW, Aust...
    #9530065 - 01/01/09 11:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
What the heck do you do with them? Just chop em up, mix them together and cover them in some kinda sauce?

G'day MisterMuscaria :mushroom2:
that is what I do with them a lot of the time.  I have attached a pdf version of a recipe book that friends and I put together.  There are salads and sauces in there.  Not a lot is raw but some are... here are some online links to some of them: 

This is a great dressing that a friend came up with. Simple too: make:http://infinitesoul.weebly.com/1/category/dynamic%20dressing%20/1.html

I alos eat a lot of lightly steamed veg, (so's they aren't too soft and overcooked).  This is a great recipe for a beetroot dip or sauce: http://infinitesoul.weebly.com/1/category/beetroot%20dip/1.html  It is awesome with coconut cream added... dunno if that counts as raw, I don't know how they get the coconut into the tin :grin::tongue:.  When ever we use tinned or packaged products we get the brands without numbers.

I eat a lot of raw food.  Muesli; smoothies; wraps (I use thin flat bread, so they are about 80 - 90% raw meals); etc.

Salads are awesome.  Here is another great dressing: http://infinitesoul.weebly.com/1/category/pineapple%20cream%20sauce%20/1.html

I put leafy greens in my smoothies:
http://infinitesoul.weebly.com/1/category/green%20smoothie/1.html
The banana and mint overrides the flavouring of the greens.

There is a lot of info and recipes on the net about raw foods.  Here are a few links:
http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/index.php

http://runningraw.com/info.html

Have a great one :super::heart::smile::mushroom2::thumbup:

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Raw foods [Re: Soul Expressed]
    #9530101 - 01/01/09 11:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

When I soaked rye to make a substrate overnight and took a bite of it it actually tasted pretty good. I wonder if it's healthy to eat uncooked grains like that.

My favorite smoothies are made of:
avacado
hemp protein
plums
orange
grapes

Offlinesunflower
We're here....
Female User Gallery

#9531034 - 01/02/09 06:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You ought to post this in the Physical and Mental Well-Being forum.  They discuss raw foods a lot and would appreciate this :sun:

--------------------

OfflineSoul Expressed
Stranger
Male

Loc: Port macquarie, NSW, Aust...
Re: Raw foods [Re: sunflower]
    #9532714 - 01/02/09 03:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

G'day sunflower :sun:
Thanks for the tip.  :thumbup:  I'll check it out.  I haven't been at the shroomery for long and have only looked at two forums so far.  This place looks pretty big. 
Take it easy mate :heart:

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#9563908 - 01/07/09 11:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

One really easy thing I like to do asides from salads and just eating things plain is mash up an avocado or two, add a little sea salt, and there's a delicious dip for practically any vegetable.

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #9568563 - 01/08/09 12:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

get "RAW" by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein, a great resource for creative ways to "cook" or prepare raw foods. (marination, dehydration, grain sprouting, juicing,freezing, nut based "meats" and various other techniques) Believe me, there's so much more than crudites and fruit salad when it comes to raw foods

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate