Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
"Let Go"- My Inner Calm
    #956808 - 10/13/02 01:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I posted this in the trip reports area, but I wanted to see what people in this forum thought. It's a bit long, but I think of lot of you will be able to connect with it.

I?ve shroomed about 15-20 times now. I like a variety of settings for shrooming- nature, with your significant other, with a group of friends, hanging out in an apartment. I am pretty fond of quiet, calm trips, just hanging out in your place, talking, and listening to music. For my last several trips, which have been either by myself or with 1 or 2 friends, I seem to be able to find an inner calm, a state of being in which I am completely content with things. Actually, I?m not really content about any thing, I just am content. No judgment of anything, no judgment of myself. I would like to try to convey the subjective experience of this inner calm that I have felt so deeply (last night in particular), a calm that I want to incorporate into my default way of experiencing reality somehow.

As every trip for me usually starts (especially if it has been a while since my last trip), it is kind of disorienting. I am trying to understand what is happening through the way I usually understand reality, and it doesn?t quite work. Slowly, I ease into the experience a little more and I learn to let go. For me, the meaning behind the idea of "let go" has a profoundness beyond words. Like other ideas, it is something you can think about intellectually, you can think, ?yeah, I guess that makes sense, you have to let go somehow.? But to "feel" it and then act on it is completely different- To just tell your body, your self, to let go. Of what? Don?t think about it too hard, just take a deep breath, and let go. Let go...

And so I get into a "just being" mindset after I have let go- I just experience. I normally analyze the world pretty heavily. I am constantly thinking about this and that, why something happened, try to understand how something works, what will happen in the future. I?m sure we all do this to some extent- To meet the goals we set for ourselves, it is useful to think, to plan, to learn from the past. But while you are shrooming, you have a unique aid to help you let all of that go, to just experience what ever is in front of you, who ever you are with. It is something we do not let ourselves do enough, a way of experiencing that many of us have forgotten. I think this mindset can be incorporated into your normal reality, and, I would go so far to say, should be to really know a deep, profound happiness in your life. Just let go...

When you achieve this mindset, it is critical not to forget it. If you do, nothing in your life will change- and we all want to change something about our life and ourselves, right? You will fall back into the same old ruts that you normally do. Most of us, I think, normally experience life on a sort of automatic pilot. We react to certain people and situations in certain way, we automatically think, feel and behave in a kind of pre-programmed way. But if you make an effort to maintain this ?open-mind? perspective, you will have a great tool to get you out of these ruts and experience true happiness. It is an active effort, and this cannot be stressed enough. After shrooming, you could just wake up the next morning and continue to go about you day as if nothing happened. But if you want to really change things, you can?t forget this "Big Mind" (D.T. Suzuki) perspective. It?s actually easier to forget it, to just take the path of least resistance, and I?ve done this so much. But not anymore, not now.

This "open mind" perspective can be useful for, first, being aware when you are not happy. It is surprising how I can go about my day and not even be aware of the fact that I?m not feeling well, or am irritated at something. But it is so important to first be able to know when you are not feeling well. When you note that you are not, take a deep breath, and let it go. You don?t have to think about it too hard necessarily, you don?t have to replay what happened in your mind, and use some theory of human behavior to understand what happened- just note your discomfort, take a deep breath, and let it go. Over time, I feel, this will come automatically.

Wake up...right now. Let go, open your mind, really become aware. No more droning through life. When you really feel this and allow it to change your life, you will know what I am talking about, not that I have done with it all that I can yet. I definitely have a lot of work to do. But I?m not going to work too hard, in fact I?m not going to work at all- I?m just going to let it all go. And probably have a few deep laughs on the way.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Edited by buttonion (10/13/02 01:57 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: "Let Go"- My Inner Calm [Re: buttonion]
    #957022 - 10/13/02 03:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

everything settles in layers, everything is where it should be.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: "Let Go"- My Inner Calm [Re: CleverName]
    #957277 - 10/13/02 05:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

for me, pot helps me "let go" durring a trip, i get more visuals when i let go.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #957693 - 10/13/02 08:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome post!

I am still letting it sink in... I may contribute to the theme you conveyed (beautifully, by the way) when it comes to me.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

#958636 - 10/14/02 01:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you Buttonion.

I have read this several times for effect.

Cheers,

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #958823 - 10/14/02 03:10 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Good post. Really helped me remember stuff that I forget. I know what you mean, it is so easy to fall out of touch...

I've found that another step you can take, that goes hand in hand with knowing when you're unhappy, is expressing yourself towards other people constantly and with complete abandon. It's really hard to do, most of the time it is tempting to keep that stuff inside.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: "Let Go"- My Inner Calm [Re: gluke bastid]
    #959327 - 10/14/02 11:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

I've found that another step you can take, that goes hand in hand with knowing when you're unhappy, is expressing yourself towards other people constantly and with complete abandon. It's really hard to do, most of the time it is tempting to keep that stuff inside.

Yes, sometimes it results in fisticuffs.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (10/14/02 11:02 AM)

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Re: "Let Go"- My Inner Calm [Re: Adamist]
    #959428 - 10/14/02 12:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you Adamist. Yeah, please contribute if you feel compelled. I know a lot has already been said in Shroomism's awesome post, but I guess insights come to people in different ways, from different angles.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Re: "Let Go"- My Inner Calm [Re: ]
    #959439 - 10/14/02 12:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for taking the time. I hope you can feel what I am saying. It's funny, though, because I know I could have read a post similar to this a while ago and probably would not have thought too terrbily much about it. It's like in psychotherapy, insights come to people in different ways, using different words, and from different personalities. I just really feel that I have found a form for an important underlying message that really connects with me- a message that could likely be expressed in an infinite variety of ways.

--------------------

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

#959449 - 10/14/02 12:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Good post. Really helped me remember stuff that I forget. I know what you mean, it is so easy to fall out of touch...

Thanks. I totally hear what you are saying. That is how I feel on shrooms a lot, especially with my wife. My defenses go down, and I feel no discomfort in telling her how I really feel. Doing this with others and with "complete abandon" sounds so right.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #960060 - 10/14/02 05:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Good to be on the same page with a butt onion!

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
    #960616 - 10/14/02 08:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

good post, People need to let go. If only the Bush Admin would "let go" maybe some peace would arise

peace out my brothers, for eveyone has a bit of insanity in them

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology