Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Boris]
    #9324875 - 11/27/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think the packing tape qualifies.  Only reason I got ahold of it was because it got wet in a flood so they threw it out.  I picked it up and once it dried out, still worked fine, so meh :-D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefermopagus
Mind Melder
 User Gallery

#9324925 - 11/27/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

on your first post when you talk about contams, is that cobweb mold in the picture of the rye berries?  i thought cobweb mold occurred on casings...?  i'm a newbie so i don't really know...

--------------------

Why didn't anybody tell me tasty things tasted so good?!?!?  -Bender

Shine on you crazy diamond... -Pink Floyd

***All posts, pictures, and references are fictional***

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: fermopagus]
    #9325063 - 11/27/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It looks alot like cobweb mold but it's hard to say for sure. I've gotten a couple different types of contams so far.

Some green mold, black bread mold, some crazy species of Aspergillus and I still don't know what that grey fuzzy mold is.  I've got it taped up and ziplocked waiting to see if it'll sporulate for an ID.

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Spongiform]
    #9326864 - 11/28/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
I don't think the packing tape qualifies.  Only reason I got ahold of it was because it got wet in a flood so they threw it out.  I picked it up and once it dried out, still worked fine, so meh :-D

I once posted a pic of a tyvek envelope, just a picture, nothings was being done with the envelope... and RR got pissed and closed the post. He said that:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
I have repeatedly shut down threads that publicize the misuse of US government property on the website.  Such can get the shroomery shut down. There are federal agents that frequent this site. You even posted a picture of the envelopes.

The majority of members here are highly educated professionals who have an interest in exploring our minds, not getting high.

Sorry to be so tough.  I felt bad later, but I've shut down so many of those posts, that you have to have seen them.
RR

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9327868 - 11/28/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'll edit my pictures to remove anything incriminating then, I doubt anybody but you noticed it though :-D

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #9328623 - 11/28/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Could possibly pull them up on MS paint and like,... use the spray paint can to edit/cover up the logos. :shrug:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9331254 - 11/29/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ms paint?! No way, photoshop ftw :-D

Quick n Dirty ->

--------------------

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9558910 - 01/06/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Updated and finalized.

I hit alot of road bumps, but I didn't give up and things worked out pretty well considering I didn't have an f'ing clue what I was doing when I started :-D

--------------------

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9559452 - 01/06/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good Job man,  I was wondering how the tubs with the vent things in them would turn out. good job man

--------------------
:mushroom2:

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: xbrutalx233]
    #9559571 - 01/06/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm testing out the 2" vents now.  I think I came up with a good setup.  2" vent + polyfill (with 2 slivers of tape to hold the polyfill in) once it's ready to fruit remove the polyfill.

I know you could just skip the vents and just use polyfill, but they look nice!

--------------------

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9562677 - 01/07/09 05:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeh, I like the vents plus I always find a way to knock the polyfil out. So if it's locked in the inside, that wouldn't happen.

--------------------

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds