Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9561601 - 01/06/09 11:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Lye doesn't technically get vaporized but it does become airborne when you vaporize the DMT because it is scattered in small amounts throughout the DMT. Do not snort freebase DMT, it will severely burn.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9561611 - 01/07/09 12:02 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Still works. :laugh:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9561688 - 01/07/09 12:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Mhm it is not like you are vaping the lye.. caus i mean then it would burn your lungs and you would have to go to hospital, no?
But there is definately something else going into that smoke, be it traces of lye, or something formed when you heat up dmt and lye together?

i dont think its psychosomatic.. there is another flavour in there

--------------------

OfflineJorkest
Stranger

Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9562007 - 01/07/09 01:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

get a VaporGenie vaporizing pipe..what it sounds like is you are burning your dmt..as in..you are getting it way too hot..and when you do that it becomes very very very harsh

a VaporGenie costs like 50 bucks..and its the best DMT smoking pipe SWIM has ever used..and its basically idiot proof..its a quality wooden pipe..with a ceramic flame filter that perfectly vaporizes your dmt..without the possibility of flame touching your spice..

--------------------
Anything that I post is fictional and is purely part of my imagination. Do not attempt any of the activities described above.

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Neuron]
    #9563815 - 01/07/09 11:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I hope you're right Tchan909, the oil burner is brand new. I bought it 2 days ago, and posted this thread 2 days ago.

I don't believe the pipe was very hot as I've had plenty of experience smoking through pipes. Anyways, I'm still going to do the wash and give it another shot.

I was thinking of insufflation also, but heard much more needs to be used and haven't yet read what the effects are like through insufflation.

thanks for your post =).

Also, I think I should mention that I added 3-4 tablespoons of additional NaOH over the naphtha and mixed it in after my first pull. I did this because I forgot I added 500ml of water to the mix earlier because the mix looked too thick. Therefore I wanted to ensure the pH was high enough after reading one of the major causes of failure is too low of a pH. Idk if that makes any difference to the original post.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male
Loc: Long Beach/Orange County,...
    #9564015 - 01/07/09 11:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I had a problem with the taste of DMT smoke for a long time.

I have found somewhat of a remedy.

First, having a mint in your mouth while smoking helps a whole lot.

Second, what worked for me....was not BURNING the DMT so much.  When an oil (meth) pipe is used, a lot of DMT gets BURNED and not VAPORIZED.  It vaporizes at a very low temp.  The smoke when you burn it tastes much worse.
My solution to this problem was making a "DMT machine".  I will explain how I did it right now (it's somewhatg unique).  It works VERY, VERY well and you can take HUGE rips and barely taste the vapor.
Most "machines" are made out of glass bottles, but I bought a freebase air pipe (usually for crack) and turned it UPSIDE DOWN, and put brillo in the bowlpiece...

Here is a picture of the type of pipe I got before I altered it.

This is what it looks like now:

So I turned the pipe upside down.  Then I stuffed the top (well I guess the bottom now...the bowl) with Brillo (with all the chems burned off, it took a while to burn all the color off and mold the right shape...make sure it's pretty stuffed in there so it won't fall out) and basically just turned the whole pipe upside down. I filled the bowl about 2/3rds of the way up with brillo, so that there was about 1/3rd empty space above the brillo to put the DMT on top of.

The way I load/use it is...
First I get a pair of needle nose pliers and take the brillo out carefully so it doesn't lose it's shape.  I used to just drop the DMT into the other (smaller tube) end of the bowlpiece so it would just land on top of the brillo, and that worked for a while, but now there is so much resin caked onto the sides of the bowl and brillo, that the powder sticks to the wall and doesn't make it all the way down to the brillo, so I have to physically remove the brillo now with pliers.

I then sprinkle some DMT on the top of the brillo (as much as I want to use), and carefully put/stuff the brillo back into the pipe, making sure not to lose any DMT or let it fall off the brillo.  The way to use it is by holding the lighter a few inches below the brillo, thereby heating up the brillo, and the DMT that is on top of the brillo just melts and vaporizes due to the heat of the brillo.  The DMT will then resinate into the brillo, so keep hitting it until there is no more smoke.  Stop lighting it about 5 seconds before you want the smoke to stop generating, as the brillo needs a few sec. to cool down.

It works great.  It takes some practice to get good at it, but it is very worth it.  Much easier to take fat, tastier, and more potent hits.  Highly recommended for anyone who would want to try this.  Those are my results.

However, if the DMT is extremely fine powder, it could fall through the brillo. Just make sure you load it on a flat non-porous surface so you can recover it if any falls through the brillo.

If anyone is lost or confused with any of these directions, kindly let me know and I will try to answer your questions, I tried to explain it as best as I could.  I find it much, much easier to break through using this pipe.  I can't even imagine using an oil pipe or foil again...

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: psilocybonautX]
    #9568855 - 01/08/09 01:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm too stupid to understand that psilo.

Maybe you guys are right, maybe I am burning the DMT? Although I am surprised it would burn like the gates of hell.

going to buy some soda wash and do a wash, also gunna try it with my bong coming in.

thanks for the posts guys, <3.

--------------------

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Jorkest]
    #9568886 - 01/08/09 02:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jorkest said:
get a VaporGenie vaporizing pipe..what it sounds like is you are burning your dmt..as in..you are getting it way too hot..and when you do that it becomes very very very harsh

a VaporGenie costs like 50 bucks..and its the best DMT smoking pipe SWIM has ever used..and its basically idiot proof..its a quality wooden pipe..with a ceramic flame filter that perfectly vaporizes your dmt..without the possibility of flame touching your spice..

Oh damn, those things look great. Have you ever vaped ganja in it?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9568887 - 01/08/09 02:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Although I am surprised it would burn like the gates of hell.

Why wouldn't it? :wink:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisiblefungusmuncher
rabbit chaser
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Ophanim]
    #10265127 - 04/30/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jorkest said:

I was wondering if you could help me out with some tips for using the vapor genie.  I bought one but can't seem to get the desired effects when using it with dmt.  At first I broke it in with a few bowls of ganja and it vaped that fine.  I read it's best to add multiple screens to the vapor genie to prevent the dmt from dripping through.  I added 6 fine mesh stainless screens on top of the original one and then put the spice on a small bit of ganja to further prevent dripping.  I have tried it like that 3 times with the vapor genie (35mg each time) and haven't gotten more than threshold effects.  Today after getting basically no effects I decided to take all the screens out to see where my dmt is going, the bottom 3 screens were coated in dmt oil.  I cleaned the screens off but now I'm not sure what to do, I was thinking about trying it with steel wool or something.  Can anyone help me out with any tips or anything for smoking dmt with a vapor genie?  When I sandwich it in a regular pipe with herb it blows me away so I know it's not a potency issue.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: fungusmuncher]
    #10265256 - 04/30/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have any smoking/vaping tips as I've always had trouble getting a proper hit myself, but have you considered taking syrian rue or another MAOI before smoking the DMT so you can get more out of a smaller amount?  That might help push you to a breakthrough and make it easier on your lungs at the same time.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#10265958 - 04/30/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah burnt dmt is some horrible shit. i was smoking with some guys out of lightbulb vape and i took a hit that left the roof of my mouth raw for like a week. the other two guys were fine so it couldn't have been lye contamination.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Offlinelavan
Stranger
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: dummy]
    #11043837 - 09/11/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the dmt is already burnt u are smoking the 30 other pycobins pulled out and is a different effect.  you can seperate the 2 type of dmt and the others with just slow heat even a g or less can easily the seperation just low heat think its like 150f actaully i think its lower maybe 130-140 to vaporize.  I use like a really odd sherlock type pipe i hit vertical kinda has a over bent end to allow junk collection thourgh brill at bottom but cant go to the top eventually the striaght part get some residue on it but i just heat it and roll to trash area and can try hitting that even from outside of pipe just lighter on glass but at some piont it will clog go have your homie blow you a knew one.  the junk pycobins get stuck kinda a different no where near as good effect. but clean for new batches still seen great stuff just its all the grimey part.  seperate them you get a clearer idea of each effect and real the best (dmt and i think its call dmt-5) burn fastest but people like the mix cuase it grabs you by the balls and take you for a ride Also it could be the lye or they use a not pure extraction process as those will burn after dmt. temp.  I just snowcap my bong to the moon cleaning sucks just have a different one for that or people are in for a supriose the resin is like hmm wow.  If u are not getting a good hit realize u have about a 30-60 second window anything after that is wasted wiat 20 minutes or so for full effect agian. also snowcap (a small top layer usually on weed have seen tobacco) is garantee but if you dont smkoe weed a lot it could effect your trip. a unclean pipe will burn the inside of your mouth and form some wierd ass white crap on cheek inside.  Make sure you are slowly hitting even before the lighter hits especially snowcaping at the flame prettty much vaps it.  if you are not seeing 8 dismenions geometric shapes budda meet you hands and body warping disney clouds lakes shimmering  and riasing and falling then you are not getting a good hit.  The most bueatiful sights in the world anywhere anytime.  Warning repeted use will make u retarded u will be forgetting where u are in target bathroom so chill on it a bit lol. also i can tell you the bulk people are using lye they could care less if it a little bad for you so unless u made its it is lye lol and u use a ton of it compared to most any other extraction not a small pill its a large bucket/trashbin style unless u are making a very small amount.  It is always gonna be kinda waxy tasting but that god awful what just hit my mouth can be avioded with some self expermenting and understanding everything else burns after the dmt.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #11043884 - 09/12/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
I put a bit more NaOH than required to ensure a high PH.

Maybe I put too much? The chemicals are extremely harsh, feels like it's burning holes in my throat.

Immediate advice would be appreciate. No point smoking this shit if I get throat cancer...

theres should be no lye in your end product if you sperated it cleanly

no matter if you used too much or too little

recrystelise and re dry

--------------------

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Loc: Thessaloniki
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: notapillow]
    #11045118 - 09/12/09 07:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineRage39a
Stranger
    #11045244 - 09/12/09 07:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: lavan]
    #11047016 - 09/12/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

digging up old posts.

and theres no such thing as pycobins or dmt-5. theres psilocybin (from mushrooms) and 5-meo-dmt (from bufo toads, and MANY sources)

--------------------

Edited by dysphoria (09/12/09 03:20 PM)

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: lavan]
    #11053049 - 09/13/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lavan said:
the dmt is already burnt u are smoking the 30 other pycobins pulled out and is a different effect.  you can seperate the 2 type of dmt and the others with just slow heat even a g or less can easily the seperation just low heat think its like 150f actaully i think its lower maybe 130-140 to vaporize.

...dude.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: Ophanim]
    #11053121 - 09/13/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i know

nice first pot right

--------------------

Offlinelavan
Stranger
Re: DMT smoke feeling like it's burning holes through my throat [Re: notapillow]
    #11092168 - 09/19/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

try to seperate you will see 3 types assuming MHRB is used.  I am not sure how you are imagining the seperation but it is like you heating water real slow with dmt held in another dish i am not hitting it with flame.  The overbent pipe will make it barely taste and it does not hurt my throat.  Try smoking it like a wax or full melt not crack and the godawful taste does not get to you. i used my friends and thought he was smoking something nasty as hell out of it.  try using a pipe a lot and you will see the other psydelics pulled as they hang around longer and are a different feel resin hit to clean it.  The freeze evap on a large scale is slammed out fast and is still somewhat too dirty ssometimes.  So i could really care less if you slam me if you think its all dmt and the dmt5 whatever seperate them its pulls other psydelics jungle spice i guess the troll like to call it.  The big boys dont seperate the jungle spice as 1k is like 20-30g 30gs is bs.  I am refering to the orange waxy finished product if you yourself clean it a bunch more then you should know why it hurts.  If u are sperating that much try the jungle spice its grabs u vs just pure bueaty.  dmt nexus goes into this well for those who like to know names lol

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder