Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: Boris]
    #9554097 - 01/05/09 09:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe the moron is the one that thinks SOMEONE IS SERIOUS WHEN NOT

God, you are an easy one to trap!

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: blood4blood]
    #9554098 - 01/05/09 09:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
it's not like im arguing that water doesnt boil at 212 or some shit like that.

Its all Science. An analogy isn't going to make you any more correct. Science is FACT !

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #9554114 - 01/05/09 09:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Boris said:
Quote:

TreeMoss said:
Obviously if you have condensation the humidity is ZERO PERCENT!

WHAT !?!?:lol:

He's talking about how the condensation took the water out of the air... It could be 0% after that easily.

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9554124 - 01/05/09 09:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Condensation deos not help humidity. If its not in the air, the moisture no good sitting on the walls.

My bedroom wall gets condensation on it in the winter. Is my RH in the room 95%+??

No, its below 60%. if a surface is cold enough, moisture will condense out of the air onto that surface. Whether rh is high or not.

Wow what a dumb thing to even say. Nobody here has a room's wall dripping with condensation like a monotub wall. Wow just wow thats one of the stupidest thing's i've ever seen

How about instead of quoting some of the old myco folx yall don't even post informative threads unlesss you KNOW wtf u r talking about? Kthx.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9554131 - 01/05/09 09:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TreeMoss said:
Maybe the moron is the one that thinks SOMEONE IS SERIOUS WHEN NOT

God, you are an easy one to trap!

Sorry its hard to sense sarcasm when reading your broken ass excuse of a sentence. How is any one supposed to know some ones being sarcastic through typing unless they say, "I'm being sarcastic"? :lol:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #9554157 - 01/05/09 09:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Rating's?  haha, who cares.  that doesnt prove anything about anybody.  he could be the nicest guy on earth in real life, maybe save your girlfriend from a car crash, who knows.  anyhootch, i still stand by what i said and i dont have anything against any of you's (well except jeetard)  and i hope i didnt piss anybody off, not my intention's.  especially you shroomy1, were homies!!

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
    #9554158 - 01/05/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I got sick of this thread about half way thru it.
I do have this to say. Stop trying to judge your RH by the condensation in your FC and go spend $10.00 at a cigar shop on a hygrometer and put it in your FC and you will be sure that you have the correct RH or not.
I wouldnt even dream of using condensation to determine my RH. That is just stupid.:2cents::crankey:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #9554165 - 01/05/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Boris said:
Quote:

blood4blood said:
it's not like im arguing that water doesnt boil at 212 or some shit like that.

Its all Science. An analogy isn't going to make you any more correct. Science is FACT !

science is changing all the time.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: blood4blood]
    #9554186 - 01/05/09 09:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
Rating's?  haha, who cares.  that doesnt prove anything about anybody.  he could be the nicest guy on earth in real life, maybe save your girlfriend from a car crash, who knows.  anyhootch, i still stand by what i said and i dont have anything against any of you's (well except jeetard)  and i hope i didnt piss anybody off, not my intention's.  especially you shroomy1, were homies!!

No Offense taken brother!  Yes.... we are homies.:rockon:  We don't have to agree on everything to be cool. :super:

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: Shroominit]
    #9554189 - 01/05/09 09:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroominit said:
Quote:

Boris said:
Quote:

TreeMoss said:
Obviously if you have condensation the humidity is ZERO PERCENT!

WHAT !?!?:lol:

He's talking about how the condensation took the water out of the air... It could be 0% after that easily.

No seriously, don't assume anything he said was supposed to have a logical meaning :rofl: Honestly, a sealed monotub isn't going to go from 100%ish, to zero through condensation. I can't believe I'm being drug into this...  :banghead:

We are a water based life-form, and we live on a planet dominated by water... I would strongly say that there is no place on earth where there is completely 0 humidity.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9554249 - 01/05/09 09:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lol at w/e. Throw a plastic breadbag over your shroom tray and it is a fruiting chamber for cubensis quit being ignorant newbs. Anyone want to contest my statement?

--------------------
How to talk to cops

Offlinetektonic
Mr. Mani-fest-ival

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: RL
Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: Stimpy913]
    #9554334 - 01/05/09 09:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stimpy913 said:
Anyone want to contest my statement?

possibly, depending on the prizes in said contest.

--------------------
Growery

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: tektonic]
    #9554461 - 01/05/09 10:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ya, really I was totally just pulling some legs and well; surprise some got pulled!

Seeing that no matter what you say someone is going to be a jackass about it.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9554729 - 01/05/09 10:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think anyone is trying to be a "jackass". The only jackasses here are the ones posting irrelivent crap on the cultivation forums.

If certain people didn't make it their duty, every fucking single day, to post replies about shit that's already been answered BY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY GROWS SHROOMS - then maybe the search engine wouldn't be so fucking clogged up with wierd inconclusive threads and newbs wouldn't have to post so called "Offensively silly" questions on a daily basis.

Just stfu unless you know what you are talking about. Knowing what you are talking about does not mean you quote people from 2 years ago on something - quit being attention whores you are pissing me off.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: Stimpy913]
    #9554813 - 01/05/09 11:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like your the attention whore, really who cares this thread was pretty damn fucking retarded other than to tell someone that would find that out the hard way anyhow......mostly just for being cheap.

But I am not a newbie, it has been awhile since I have popped some pores;;but I am no newbie...but I haven't grown pounds either, so that might be something meaning more..dunno.

--------------------

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
    #9554932 - 01/05/09 11:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: creekfreek]
    #9555029 - 01/05/09 11:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well in a vacuum you could get a zero percent humidity, maybe even in a desert.

And that is so freaking wrong it is funny.  I had a math teacher that had/has two boys with down syndrome maybe even three.......man if you said retard in that class she would flip.

--------------------

Offlinetektonic
Mr. Mani-fest-ival

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: RL
    #9555049 - 01/05/09 11:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

could probly find zero humidity near the poles too like antarctica :tongue:

--------------------
Growery

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9555053 - 01/05/09 11:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

im just doing my part to keep the search from bein clogged full of silly - i apologize for being mean.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: For the record, EVERYONE should read this [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9555255 - 01/06/09 12:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

Quick!  Tell me what the humidity is according to the Condensation of this Monotub!!!!!!

Trick question.  Nobody can tell what the humidity is inside the tub, only that the surface of the tote is at dewpoint.
RR

Well said RR, Well said.
And thank you for backing me up on this, which you shouldn't even have to because all i've said was based on scientific FACT, not opinion, or experience, but SCIENTIFIC FACT.

Nonetheless, people on this board are far more willing to accept your advice over mine, so, once again, thanks.

There's no arguing FACT, in my original post, it explains EXACTLY how and why water evaporates and condensates... What is so hard about that? do i need to set up an fc and crank the humidity to 20% and fucking SHOW these people that water vapor WILL condense against a cold surface, regardless of how much humidity there actually is.

Simplified: Water evaporates when it's warmed, producing water vapor, which then condenses when it comes in contact with something cooler than the vapor itself(ie the walls of your fc). This stays true at 20% humidity or 95% humidity or anywhere in between.

Which brings back the original point;
CONDENSATION = Temperature difference between warm water vapor and the cooler walls of your fruiting chamber, its also an indicator that there is SOME humidity, but it could be as low as 5% and it would still condense on your fc walls.

It's not rocket science.
Its the cycle of water, it evaporates when its heated, and then condenses when its cooled. That's the simplest way i could put it.

EDIT: Honestly, to someone who has any kind of experience under their belt, sticking your arm in the FC and just feeling the air is a more accurate gauge of humidity than condensation, definitely not 100% accurate, but it served me well personally before i got a decent hygrometer. And im in no way saying that feeling the air is accurate, but you can get it fairly close once you learn what 95% humidity should feel like on your arm. That being said, get a hygrometer, they're not expensive, and it allows you to stop using ineffective methods of measuring your RH.

PS. "The arm test" may have only worked well for me because im used to air with less than 20% RH, and i'm not even trying to say it works, im just trying to say, its a hell of a lot better than looking at condensation.

Once again, get a hygrometer, you shant soon regret it.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Edited by fr33d0mfry (01/06/09 01:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate