Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
Halted Growth on Straw Tray ???
    #951914 - 10/11/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi,

i have a tray of 50% dung/ 50% straw colonizing with F+. The substrate is a little under 2 inches deep and the casing layer (jiffy mix) is aobut half an inch. The straw is fully colonized and is trying to creep up into the casing layer. small amounts of mycelia are creeping up through the surface as well. the substrate has pulled away from the sides of the container and condensation is clearly visible. condensation on the lid also is very high and i have to shake the water off when i open the lid. growth seems to have halted...any suggestions?

thanks.

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Halted Growth on Straw Tray ??? [Re: vaporbrains]
    #952332 - 10/11/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ventilate the container. I bet your substrate is too moist. It is also possible you have an unseen contam, let's hope it is the moisture though.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleShaw

#952357 - 10/11/02 06:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how much of the substrait is colonized? how long has it been stalled? it may just be waiting to fruit.

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#952424 - 10/11/02 07:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it sounds like moisture problem.

Im actually having this happening to me from time to time...how do I ventilate it w/o inducing pinning though? well, I uess to have to light, but sometimes just the fesh air gets the gus to come out and say hello :wink:

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Halted Growth on Straw Tray ??? [Re: angryshroom]
    #952477 - 10/11/02 07:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well according to TMC if you're using cubes pinning has to have light to start pinning formation. Other mushies just need increased o2 flow and cutdown in RH and temp? So if you don't introduce light i don't think they'd pin but what do i know?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Re: Halted Growth on Straw Tray ??? [Re: socratesmind]
    #954894 - 10/12/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i';m not trying to make them pin yet, socrates. i guess it's just moisture..i'm going to take the lid off and let it dry out a bit.... thanks all.

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

#955772 - 10/12/02 08:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i have been uning approximately 1 cup rye and 3/4th's cup water in my jars? anyone have any other formulas? i haven't had much success....

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Halted Growth on Straw Tray ??? [Re: socratesmind]
    #955778 - 10/12/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have had cubensis pin w/o light, w/o reduction of RH and w/o reduction in temperature, mostly leading to the fact that there was too much gas exchange. most likely from me looking to see how the dung had been colonized, and the polyfill holes should have not been open during this process.

With the moisture problems, its best to just take a clean paper towel and wipe down the sides and have the lid on, but not snapped shut. I always will wipe down after with a paper towel drenched in rubbing alcohol as well.

You're ratio's seem right, maybe start upping the ratio to of spawn to dung however, get some faster colonization.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate