Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

For all you smokers.
    #9397198 - 12/09/08 01:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Last week a Shroomery member posted about these cigarette injectors, and I'd literally never heard of them before - although I'm sure alot of you have.  I started reading about the whole thing, and decided on a $20 injector that got really good reviews.  It's said to be nearly indestructible, and impossible to jam, which can be a problem w/ some injectors.  It's also smaller than most tabletop injectors, and works better than the handheld ones - it literally makes perfect cigarettes!  The thing is tho, when the cigarette pops out, there's tobacco sticking outta the end.  But you just tap the filter-end down to pack it in - pretty easy.  Here's a pic of it right here:

Now I was really curious about what kind of tobacco to get - so I was pointed to D&R Tobacco.  They're a company in N. Carolina that has premium quality tobacco, but there's literally SO many choices.  I was reading reviews on the different kinds, trying to find something similar to Marlboro, but I just wasn't sure.  I didn't wanna get something that I didn't like, and be stuck w/ a big bag, and D&R didn't have the particular injector I wanted, but I wanted THEIR tobacco.

So after more searching, I found another big company online that had the injector I wanted, and they had D&R tobacco.  But what was really awesome is they had it in not only the big portions - but 1 oz. samples.  This was exactly what I was looking for, so I grabbed 7 different samples, 2 different kinds of cigarette tubes, and I also had to get a chrome cigarette case, lol.  Here's what the samples look like:

Now it's a really good idea I got the samples, because from the info I was reading - they were saying that 'Rowland' was the kind most like the big "American Brands", and that 'Rowland Light' tasted like Marlboro.  Well IMO, this wasn't the case, and it was actually a different kind that I liked better that I thought tasted like Marlboro - Vengeur Light.  Now they don't taste light at all - for a light cigarette you need a light tube.  It's just a more gentle flavor than the regular Vengeur - which IMO is a tad too strong.  And the Vengeur blend has the same types of tobacco that Marlboro purportedly uses.  Here's a pic of the whole setup w/ tubes, injector, and some sample cigs:

Now the thing w/ the tubes, is they're a little bigger than a typical cigarette - they're 3mm wider, but IMO it's barely noticeable.  And I got 2 different kinds of tubes - Premier and Rayo.  They're made by the same company, and are both full flavor - but I prefer the Rayo.  Now I quickly discovered that there's an art that goes into making the cigarettes kinda lol.  The very 1st one I tried was Vengeur regular, and I thought it was SO strong - but it's because I didn't put enough tobacco in it, which makes it burn quicker and hit harder.  Then I started really packing the tobacco in them, which is the opposite, and makes them taste lighter.

So they make 3 kinds of your regular full flavor tobacco - Vengeur, Windsail, and Rowland.  I grabbed a sample of each in Regular & Light.  Now as I've said, the Vengeur Light is most like a Marlboro IMO.  The Regular is a tad on the strong side.  The Windsail is also good, but it's just straight tobacco - no flavoring no nothing, so it's like a Winston.  And the Rowland which was said to be the "American Flavor" was my least favorite.  The regular version has alot of what they call "burley", and it just has this taste I don't like.  And the light version also has another taste I really don't like - almost like a tart taste, kinda weird.  But another thing that's cool when you do this, is you can make your OWN blends, by mixing different kinds up.  I also get a sample of a Turkish blend called Ramback - and I couldn't believe how LIGHT and mild it tasted.  But it would be good to mix w/ 1 of the other tobaccos that are a bit on the strong side. 

So in the end, after trying all the samples, I just placed an order directly w/ D&R for a 14oz. pouch of the Vengeur light, and 2 boxes of Rayo tubes.  It came to $26 including shipping - and it's gonna be enough to make 22-25 packs of cigarettes!  It depends on how much tobacco you're putting in them.  I've decided on 0.8g per cigarette, which has the taste I like - but if you mess around w/ it, you could literally put anywhere from 0.7 - 1.2g per cig, w/ each resulting in a different strength.  But anyways it comes out to barely over $1 a pack which is nuts, cuz cigarettes cost $6 where I'm from!  And the honest to God truth is - I like these better than Marlboros!  There's no garbage chemical additives like there is in commercial cigarettes nowadays.  So to anyone interested - I highly recommend this whole thing if you like DIY kinda stuff.  Once you get the hang of it, you can make a cigarette in like 30 seconds.  Here's the links if anyone's interested.  The 1st is the site I got my main order of injector and samples from, and the 2nd is for D&R tobacco.

http://www.americanthrusttobacco.com/
http://www.cigarettetobacco.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemellontatauda
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For all you smokers. [Re: J3illy]
    #9397206 - 12/09/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

bali shag is all i need :grin:

--------------------
:jah:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: For all you smokers. [Re: mellontatauda]
    #9397211 - 12/09/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yea now that I'm into the whole little hobby, I definitely plan on trying different kinds of tobacco from the local smoke-shop.  :thumbup:

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #9397216 - 12/09/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Your going to save a lot of money, i find that rolling tobacco ends up being about half the price of buying packs plus i smoke less. My favorite brand is Bank.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: For all you smokers. [Re: DimensionX]
    #9397231 - 12/09/08 01:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Way cheaper than half the price for me.  My tobacco order including shipping was $26, and it's gonna average out to like $1.10 a pack.  It would be like 85 cents a pack if I could have bought it at a store.  And cigarettes in my state are now over $6.00, although the next state over they're like $4.50 which isn't too far.  But for MY state, and ordering the tobacco online - they're over 5x cheaper!

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #9397233 - 12/09/08 01:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

AMERICAN THRUST

:rofl2:

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #9397239 - 12/09/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice, ive never tried ordering it online, i probably shouldn't start because im trying to quit.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: For all you smokers. [Re: Crasher]
    #9397247 - 12/09/08 02:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crasher said:
AMERICAN THRUST

:rofl2:

:lol:

Offlinedead4spread20
Stranger
    #9538241 - 01/03/09 03:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good choice going with D & R  I've smoke ryo for a couple years now, Bali blue red and gold , Drum, Bugler, just a couple of the "famous" ones

The quality and taste of these D&R tobacco's are superb.

J3illy I guarantee you if it wasn't for the burley in your Vengeur, you'd hate it! I thought I didn't like Two Timer(burley) but now tasting a equal parts Windsail/Ramback side by side with equal parts WS/RB/burley(TT) and you will understand why the burley is essential. [vengeur is Winsail, Ramback, and Two Timer blended by the manufacturer, I believe.... I know for a fact is is advertised as a mixture of virginia gold, oriental, and burley]

I ordered the Ramback Balkan{and some Ramback cause that was the bag that ran out the fastest) and the S.J. perique blend today and I can't wait for the order to come in. With 5 fairly distinct blends of tobacco(with the Windsail, Ramback, and Two Timer being ...pure... brands...100 percent gold leaf, 100 percent Turkish, 100 percent burley, and then the new additions of the Ramback Balkan and the perique blend) I can now stuff many different blends to find MY taste..

it's sad that it seems like every person on the internet talking about D&R sounds like a fucking spokesperson!! Fact is, these tobaccos speak for themselves ... D&R doesn't need a spokesperson because the converts are usually completely willing to advertise about the premium quality.

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: For all you smokers. [Re: dead4spread20]
    #9538281 - 01/03/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow if i had this same kind of selection with weed i would be the happiest person ever.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OnlineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #9538325 - 01/03/09 03:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Speaking of weed.  You should quit the cigs and stuff those cig tubes with powdered weed.  It's like a never ending joint!

Offlinedead4spread20
Stranger
Re: For all you smokers. [Re: Newbie]
    #9538799 - 01/03/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've been mixing some trim in the injector, and it does not seem to do that bad in terms of the machine jamming or anything... I love the addition of the green since it makes the smoke milder(an almost neutral taste) without losing much of the kick a full flavor cigarette is supposed to have.

I read that the Dutch tradition of blending green with brown was during the 17th century, the Dutch was looking for a way to stretch out their expensive tobacco, so they started mixing in their hemp ... no doubt they were using leaf, like me, and not bud. Kind of nullifys the argument you hear "they" say "you couldn't smoke our weed without mixing, it's soo strong" I smoke straight weed and hash all day and definitely would smoke some mixed spliffs too cause they that good(Of course with D&R TOBACCO!!!hehe) and I'd still need to smoke more and more and more and I wouldn't need to make some half assed excuse why I smoke tobacco with my weed BOOYA!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals