Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God"
    #948525 - 10/10/02 05:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMetasyn
one

Loc: PNW
Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: World Spirit]
    #948559 - 10/10/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. Many could call this "spirit" nothing more than a cognitive associating with past feelings or events, but I think we make these associations because at some level we're picking up on the inherent spirit of the thing. However, when you say the "spirit of God", I tend to think of this as feeling the spirit of all things in the universe, a sum total of all spirits, a pure essence or energy of the universe. But that's just semantics, for I too feel the presence when I seek it out and it does indeed bring me to a higher place.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #949708 - 10/10/02 01:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Likewise, when you drive down certain streets that seem out-of-place and unsafe, do you not feel a certain presence and spirit about the area?

I always thought that was adrenalin.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: Sclorch]
    #949884 - 10/10/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This is why I stopped drinking coffee.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #950095 - 10/10/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OK, now lift out the word "spirit" and replace it with the word 'consciousness,' and you will be communicating in the 'spirit' of the 21st century.  :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #950430 - 10/10/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OK, now lift out the word "spirit" and replace it with the word 'consciousness,' and you will be communicating in the 'spirit' of the 21st century.

Isn't this a bit of a stretch... even for you?

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #950511 - 10/10/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The 3rd Eye (which really isn't an eye, more like an organ in your head) is god. God is a state of mind. When early scientist cracked open the head they couldn't find a reason for this organ. What does it do? What is its purpose? Under the influence of (visionary plants) chemicals, dreams, or apon death the organ is activated. This organ is responsible for our consciousness. When these plants alter our consciousness than MANY people get a since of god. This is only because god is a state of mind and that god is in YOU!

" Questions about psychedelics remain unanswered because our basic questions about consciousness remains unanswered " -Timothy Leary

I believe that if we ever understand consciousness then we may just figure out god, our origins, life and its purposes. All of these questions remains unanswered to this date. I believe that all people are connected by there subconsciousness.

But with this knowleadge use it, to see the spirit, guide yourself and with psychedelics, imbrace your living god! I would say that both the higher consciousness and the lower (resoning) consciousness is one. It just takes searching with in self to find the higher consciousness. There are many ways to open the 3rd eye, BUT don't ever think its immoral to use chemicals to do it.

Correct me if im wrong but, the chemical infusion to (fully) open the 3rd eye to see the world is really the only way to keyword (fully) open the eye. Yes dreams, mediation, and such can open it, but to (fully) open you NEED the chemical!

I believe that when people refere to these words, they mean the same thing:
Christ, god, subconsciousness, 6th sense, 3rd eye, there are some more that could fit here, but i im too tired right now (gota work tomorrow!:)).

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (10/10/02 05:51 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: johnnyfive]
    #950535 - 10/10/02 05:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

but to (fully) open you NEED the chemical!

I'm pretty sure the use of hallucinogens (not merely psychoactive substances like cannabis) was predated by the "founders" of the concept of the "third eye".  It is a ridiculous assertion... and, I think, a wrong one.

Why don't you put down the McKenna (temporarily... don't be frightened) and pick up some Plato?  :wink: 

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #950671 - 10/10/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: johnnyfive]
    #951214 - 10/10/02 08:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Are you referring to the pineal gland?

Have they really found no purpose for it?

Is it true that this gland produces DMT and becomes active in deep levels of meditation?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#951669 - 10/11/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The definition of spirit is archaic. It has no further explanatory power than to remind one of certain mythologically expressed concepts which stand outside of the human experience. When one learns to stop the projection of psychic contents onto the 'screen' of the sky, or a stage-prop heaven, then one can withdraw the projections into the psyche that projected them out there to begin with. Then, the projections can be assimilated, understood, experienced and worked with. So long as the terminology suits a mythological projection, it is all 'out there' somewhere, not in here where we are.

Jung said that he could do nothing with metaphysics, but by transmuting the concepts into psychological datum, they instantly had relevance for our lives. This is what the later Gnostics did with their complex mythologies. Spirit is non-substantial - it is not the cool, damp ectoplasm of ghosts, nor is it 'air' as in pneuma. Spirit is living awareness, yet it is not spatially extended, and has no form. Channel 7 TV is passing through you right now whether you like it or not. It is energetic and potential and 'intelligible' and formless. It is neither a living awareness, nor a spirit, yet the energy has some things in common to the other two phenomenon. We have to be much more critical than common dictionary definitions.

You're welcome. Happy Birthday!

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (10/11/02 03:25 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #951832 - 10/11/02 03:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (10/11/02 03:35 AM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #952939 - 10/11/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You know thats the second time you comment on my posts relating to mckenna.

Ive only read one thing about mckenna, and that he believes that the psilocybin mushroom could be an alien. He believes that the mushroom spore would be able to with stand spaces harsh enviorment.

I don't know much about him. I kinda had a mescaline trip that brought me to that realization!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#952945 - 10/11/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I...think...that...spirit...means...exactly...the...same...thing...as...consciousness...
without...the...spooky...or...churchy...associations.

When radio was invented, certain preachers did not want the Word of God broadcast because the radio waves had to pass through the "spirits of the air" - an aspect of demonic - and possible become corrupted by so doing.

Gee, reality is so...so...invisible and stuff! How does one know where one invisible thing ends and another begins? Like, when The Holy Spirit meets an evil spirit, does the evil spirit blow up like the vampyrs on Buffy? If so, how come I've never seen that? Is there a flash of light or a sound, and if so, how do I know it's not thunder and lightning - or is 'some' thunder and lightning angels and demons throwing down in the air?

And another thing, are those three guys with the colonial 13 pentagram flag, drum and fife still marching around in a limping way around Concord and Lexington, playing Yankee Doodle; and is that like a triune spirit of 1776? And if they are a spirit, is that like a ghost, because sometimes the Holy Spirit is the Spirit, and sometimes it is the Holy Ghost - so which is it and are they different? Is this being literal, or figurative or metaphorical or symbolic? Huh?

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #953768 - 10/11/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #953788 - 10/11/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#955062 - 10/12/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, how do you go from whiner to welterweight in two consecutive posts?
It seems to me that you are equating spirit with being. That is to say, contingent being, like human beings, not Being with a capital 'B' which is reserved for Existence - Ultimate Reality - God.

The problem I personally have in conceptualizing our own beinghood, is that the material interpretation has us bounded by our skin; the psychic interpretation says that thought is our only boundary, so that we can think about the 'edge' of the expanding universe, and in a psychic sense, 'be there.' The spiritual level is more difficult yet. For example to follow the commandment to 'Love the LORD thy GOD, with all thy heart, with all thy soul and with all thy might,' which, incidentally includes loving God with one's spirit, soul and body respectively, means being able to love the Infinite, Eternal and Indivisible God. How then does one love (and figuratively embrace) God with one's spirit, unless our spirit is capable of being unbounded - infinite? The body-mind can follow commandments on the 'horizontal' plane which includes social relationships and observances and rituals; but the spirit has a 'vertical' relationship. It transcends and expands to Infinity. Did you ever think how presumptuous it sounds on a certain level, to 'love God?' It reminds me of the 60's song 'Eve of Destruction' that has the line, "...hate your next door neighbor...but don't forget to say grace..." I share this very hypocracy,( though dislike, distaste for, and disgust are more accurate than plain hate. But I digress).

I will maintain (from BE HERE NOW) that energy=consciousness=love=awareness=light=wisdom=beauty=truth. I will work out models to help me grasp the spiritual difference vs. identity of our being, with the Being of God. Among energetic models, the wave form of electromagnetic energy that emanates from a high tension electiric wire, theoretically extends to infinity. Practically however, it becomes absorbed, reflected, or otherwise diminished as is travels through space-time. But that's electric energy. What about the energy of beinghood - the energy of love that rises out of space-time? The 'medium' there is pure Being - Infinite Being - God. On another energy model, Einstein said that if one attains to the speed of light, one attains infinite mass. This is tantamount to saying that 'one' becomes 'one with' the entire universe. No longer is 'one' an object among objects moving or extended in space-time. One becomes space-time, becomes the universe. Perhaps our individual being has its parallel destiny with energy and light and infinitude. No longer a discreet spirit, or consciousness, but One with God.

As my Mom used to say, "Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!"

--------------------

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
    #955295 - 10/12/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

When you walk into your home after work or after school, is there not a spirit or a certain vibe and presence you feel? Likewise, when you drive down certain streets that seem out-of-place and unsafe, do you not feel a certain presence and spirit about the area?

You use the above quote to justify the following quote....

In reply to:

Now, in addition to these spiritual "places" is the Spirit of a Living God. He can be called on and felt.

which is patently ridiculous. the mysterious "spirit" you feel when you go down a dangerous street does not arise supernaturally. at most it is called intuition at the least we can call it common sense. you think that just because you get a creepy feeling when walking down an abandoned street at 2 in the morning that there is some sort of spirit involved? you use this erroneous conclusion to "prove" that there is a spiritual state in which we can access God. i will be the first to admit that people get nervous in dark alleys and that people have spiritual experiences. these two facts do not lead us to any new or exciting conclusions and they certainly don't have anything conclusive to say about God.

in conclusion, Gibberish.

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: vaporbrains]
    #955318 - 10/12/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Careful man... enter isn't known for his stability.

Prove me wrong, enter. Give him a decent counter (devoid of ego).

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Recognizing "spirit" and the "Spirit of God" [Re: vaporbrains]
    #955321 - 10/12/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I can personally say I have never experienced any of these "spirits."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies