Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9533673 - 01/02/09 06:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

time to put down the drink

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #9533687 - 01/02/09 07:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

if it were only that easy.

i think if i had a hobby i could probably quit my shit. back when i was into saltwater tanks i hardly ever did anything cause i was always upgrading or needed money to stay on top of things. it was wither get fucked up or take care of my fish.

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#9533745 - 01/02/09 07:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

surely a difficult decision

get high, feed fish...hmmmm... WE'RE HAVIN SUSHI TONITE! :yesnod:

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

#9533763 - 01/02/09 07:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lol

--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: LeftBehind]
    #9533857 - 01/02/09 07:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, It's my first ever resolution but I'm dead set on keeping it.

No more speed for me, I'm starting to get the feeling that I can't take anymore than Ive already done. 2 1/2 days so far and it's all good. Just been exhausted these past couple days.

I'm planning on stopping for good. I already stopped everything else and I rarely smoke bud anymore either. Can't do anymore drugs, I;m sick and tired of them.

Atleast Ive had tons of fun :getstoned::rail::pill:

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #9533946 - 01/02/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Are you kidding me? My new years resolution was to drink more. :smirk:

I am trying to quit smoking cigarettes. For the past week I've been smoking around 3 - 4 cigarettes a day down from a pack.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleLeftBehind
Eater Of Ass
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: hpi]
    #9534060 - 01/02/09 07:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

im tired of drinking/ drugs too, but i can never say no.

--------------------

emilbus@hush.com

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #9535309 - 01/02/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've already given up most drugs.  I don't smoke pot anymore, and I don't trip anymore.  I take molly about once or twice a year.  And I'm thinking about cutting back on drinking.

--------------------

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9535520 - 01/02/09 11:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LeftBehind said:
what method is that?

First off you gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired. The method I use only works if you really want to quit but have physiological/psychological problems due to DTs or with-drawl. I have a long history with chemical dependency. I was a closet Crack then Meth addict for almost 5 years I used every day. I quit on my own. For 99.9% out there who go down this road there is no quick recovery. I have been clean from coke and meth now for going on three years. I will never use again. I have had a bout or two with alcohol also. The biggest problem with quitting amphetamines, coke, or alcohol was always how shitty I felt without them. It didn't matter how many goals I set for myself, I felt shitty when I stopped using.

I experimented a bit with psilocybin and came up with a therapy plan that was an absolute miracle for me. The plan is simple. First as I said, you gotta want to quit. For alcohol De-tox I used .5 grams of Ps. Cyanescens 1x daily for 15 days. You can tailor the treatment to fit your dilemma, and the quality of shrooms you have available. The idea is not to take enough to trip. You may feel light effects the first day but after that your tolerance will kick in. Even though you build up a tolerance, the psilocybin always knocks out the physiological and psychological effects of with-drawl and it allows you to focus on your goal of sobriety. After the 15 days the effects of withdrawl, for me, are gone.
Below is a link to my journal with a tad bit more info on this.
withdral therapy

Once you get past this 15 day period you gotta focus on some sort of physical activity to continue to solidify your sobriety. The healtier and better you feel the less likely you are going to go back to the old ways. There is a line we cross with addiction and we often dont see it, we start off gettin high to fell good and enjoy life, then thre comes a point where we gotta keep doing it because we feel sick or shitty if we dont.

Ya gotta want it.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #9535533 - 01/02/09 11:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not smoking weed for awhile starting now. My resolution is to get a better job, so smoking isn't convenient atm.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone giving up drugs and or alcohol for the New Year? [Re: Kada]
    #9536154 - 01/03/09 03:33 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I gave up alcohol and cigarettes. Im 50-50 on whether or not I wanna quit smokeing herb. Id like to stay off the pills also.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (01/03/09 03:36 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale