Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineClordio
Existing is Half the Battle

New-Agers/Transhumanists
    #9534032 - 01/02/09 09:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Lately I have been coming upon a lot of material that suggests that the new-age movement may also be a part of the NWO/Illuminati/UFO/RFID whole agenda... thing.

To be honest, the only sources I usually hear these suggestions or accusations from are bible thumpers, but I do not want to write it off simply because of that just as I would not want to be written off for my perceived crazy beliefs.

From what I have read and seen a lot of people understand the NWO to be a unification of all countries and powers into a global government with access to every individual's information and some other smaller stipulations that come with interpretation, but world government has been agreed upon as the main objective.

It seems to me, that when this information falls into the hands of new listeners, they tend to show this information in  a way that coincides with their SPIRITUAL beliefs. Atheists and New-Agers tend to show Christianity as a prison of the mind, while Christians tend to show New-Age as being a catalyst for the NWO since it promotes unification of people, something that NWO may like. Well, I've just my own 2 cents on the matter.

Most of New-Age beliefs are actually not new at all. In fact, a lot of the spirituality comes from quite old eastern religions and philosophies. The idea of chakras has even been around as long as 1000 years before Jesus's birth. So even though it may look like these ideas are new to the conservative sheltered Christian (I used to be one so don't say I'm knocking anything) and that these ideas are maybe being promoted to help the NWO, in reality these are beliefs that have been held for thousands of years.

Also, the idea of unification of the peoples may seem similar to NWO agenda, but instead of just pulling the masses and serving under one government, the new-ager wants the IDEA of unification spread. It is the IDEA that is being spread, not the physical act of unifying all. It is the proliferation of the thought and understanding that even though our skin color may differ and our religious affiliations may differ, we are still beings of the human race. So when people start talking about a hivemind or a computer based unification of the peoples, that is actually not what is being preached if you will. Most New-Agers practice the idea of unification without outside help, but instead through mind and consciousness with meditation and other methods.

So now it seems to me, that the two sides (Christians and New-Agers) are being pit against eachother over just WHO is helping to push the NWO agenda, when instead we should be putting aside spiritual differences and learning to co-exist without totalitarian control. It just seems to me that division would just be helpful to the NWO agenda.

Tell me what you guys think.

Oh, and this is the video that got me thinking enough about this to start a topic.

.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9490786/an/0/page/0&feature=player_embedded

--------------------
:peace:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: New-Agers/Transhumanists [Re: Clordio]
    #9534497 - 01/02/09 10:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The word New Age, for some reason or another, has so many negative connotations these days. I think it would be the plan for the NWO to pit these two "groups" against each other. To some extent this has happened between the Republican and Democratic parties - people simply get caught up in a false dichotomy.

The idea of a one world government has two sides. The negative side would be an all powerful intrusive NWO government fitting all of  humanity with RFID chips. Yet I believe a one world "coordinating" body is necessary for the future of the human race. I don't know if this idea is "new age" (where better off dropping all these labels, they do no good), but it really matters who is in charge. We need something like the UN (but with effective power) to coordinate the worlds resources as opposed to fight over them (this is what geopolitics is currently all about).

I was raised liberally a Roman Catholic, and I haven't returned to church once after I made my Confirmation. That being said, I don't judge Christians, there is much good spiritual knowledge to be found in the Bible. Yet anyone who wants to infringe and judge on the beliefs of others is being counterproductive to any spiritual wisdom (I'm referring to fundamentalists).

I think the term "New Age" came about because of the literal quality of it. We are quite literally entering a "New Age" and anything and everything pertaining to this, even the garbage information, tends to be labeled this way. A good portion of this information has been around for decades.

Well that's my 2 cent rant.

Edited by c0sm0nautt (01/02/09 10:55 PM)

OfflineClordio
Existing is Half the Battle

Re: New-Agers/Transhumanists [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #9534792 - 01/02/09 11:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I also think that the idea of new-age being bad is hilarious. When did it become dangerous or dumb to accept or at least think about NEW things.

I tried to explain the idea of a sort of magnetic energy field that is our consciousness, where when we think of new ideas they are contributed as if it were some sort of pool of thought and that we can draw from it under the right circumstances. All he had to say was that "that sounds like some of that new-age stuff ha ha."

Yes, and I have outgrown the bible. I thank the teachings of Jesus for introducing me to the idea of unrelenting love and kindness. But I really think that to attain such a mindset one must be able to progress and move on from such things.

--------------------
:peace:

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: New-Agers/Transhumanists [Re: Clordio]
    #9535056 - 01/03/09 12:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Being overly critical of "new-age" is often just another opportunity for someone to promote their own belief system as being ultimately superior. There are several problems with this. For one, you can't dismiss all new-age philosophy given that, as both a concept and a description, new-age represents a collection of multiple emerging topics and subject matter. A prejudice against new-age is akin to a prejudice against Jews; both concepts lack objective definition.

Astronomy and psychology were once considered new-age until the proper tools and methodology came along. That doesn't mean you can heal cancer with crystals or turn your boyfriend into a toad with a spell you read at Books-a-Million. It means conclusive judgment must always remain in suspension, evidence or no evidence. Today's dogma is inevitably tomorrow's obsolete folklore. Likewise, today's dreams and preponderance may end up being tomorrow's invention.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism